Sign in to follow this  
bluepilot76

Best Aircraft Carrier + Jet

Hi,

Could I please have some help to find a nice aircraft carrier for FSX. Payware or freeware.

Also a "fighter" jet (s) that is really well done reagardless of whether it should land on a carrier or not.

For the Jet the virtual cockpit and flight dynamics are the most important

Many thanks

BP76

Javier's Nimitz carrier (freeware) with AI carriers:

http://library.avsim...&Go=Change View

Best fighter, easily VRS' SuperBug F18:

http://www.vrsimulat...om/FA18EFSX.htm

I personally like Dino's F35 with STOVL module... very good value and good VC:

http://secure.simmarket.com/dino-cattaneo-f-35-lightning-ii.phtml

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

For fighter there is VRS F-18 Superbug, which is of course perfect for carrier operations:

http://www.vrsimulat...om/FA18EFSX.htm

Other high quality fighter jet is Iris F-15 Mudhen Driver:

http://www.irissimul...t-plat-f15e.php

These are pretty much only high quality payware jets that I own and there is probably a bunch of other good birds out there, like Milviz F-15 for example. For the carriers, there are of course few good freeware ones, but Team SDB just released their payware Big E, which looks absolutely goregous by the screen shots.

i second javiers carrier package. the little extra effort to set it up with AI-CARRIERS is really worth the time, you can make the carrier appear anywhere anytime in all the available configurations,

with full catapult/carrier landing capabilities.

dinos goshawk goes perfectly together with the carrier, you can tune your landing system to the carrier and perform realistic approaches (the hud system is also available for the default f-18 in the avsim library).

I'm compelled to second the recommendations for VSR's F-18...it's simply fantastic and as comprehensive a simulation of the jet as anyone could expect for FSX.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Great stuff just what I needed I will go and try and find and download them. I saw the gashawk on youtube and that might be ideal for me, I had VRS for FS2004 but didnt like having to alter all the settings to get the FBW working. I spend too much time in other FSX aircraft to keep changing all that. It was excellent though. But I just need something that flies fast and feels right, radar etc is not so important. So Hawk might be just the ticket. And that Carrier.

FYI, VSR has developed the product to the point where, in FSX, there's no special alterations needed for the FBW to work as it should. They've done a remarkable job coding within the limitations of the sim...and with the latest version of the Superbug, the use of FSUIPC is optional.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Cool, glad to hear the VRS has evolved. I will look into getting an upgrade or from my original purchase. Downloading the carrier now.

Thanks for you help team!

OK so far got the Goshawk going. Love it! At last I am able to fly low level in a jet through the highlands of scotland with phto real scenery. Been wishing for that all my Simming life!

And now downloading the Hornet, thanks to VRS for assisting my upgrade from FS2004 version. Thanks for your help everyone I can tell I am really going to enjoying a new phase in FSX!

Anyone knows the freeware addon to make the FSX f-18 HUD more realstic.. There was a thread here ..but I can't find it. It basically enhances the FSX F-18 for carrier landing.

It most likely is in our library but I forget what its called.

MAnny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I tried the FSX F18 yesterday before I started the thread and hated it. The flight dynamics were crazy, accelerating like a space ship in the vertical. The HUD is dangerous as the TVV moves depending on your eyepoint. Just done my first VRS F18 flight from Inverness onto USS Nimitz (Javier) in the Moray FIrth. Landed first time. Wow. awesome. Well worth the price!

Anyone knows the freeware addon to make the FSX f-18 HUD more realstic.. There was a thread here ..but I can't find it. It basically enhances the FSX F-18 for carrier landing....

What about reading whole topic, especially what I wrote? :rolleyes::wink:

@BP76: Congratulations on buying VRS Hornet, you're not gonna regret it :wink: