Sign in to follow this  
Rickie Welsh

Just a wee point for those interested

I have noticed for some time that on the EFIS the the left VOR has the facility for loading an ADF radio signal whereas the right VOR has INOP which I interpreted as inoperable. Tonight I did flight to Hamburg(EDDH) and tried placing an ADF signal Hamburg 323 into the right VOR/ADF and it worked showing a light blue alternating signal I then used the left VOR for the ILS radio. I only mentioned this as some might take the INOP as true. On the approach the ADF was static on the beacon. Give it a try. richard welsh.

Tonight I did flight to Hamburg(EDDH) and tried placing an ADF signal Hamburg 323 into the right VOR/ADF and it worked showing a light blue alternating signal I then used the left VOR for the ILS radio

How? There is no right ADF receiver on NGX. But left ADF and VOR receiver can work simultaneously together.

Arrow on the left shows how does left ADF pointers looks like on ND, and right one shows right ADF pointer. I'm sure you've seen left.

VOR/ADF and it worked showing a light blue alternating signal. On the approach the ADF was static on the beacon.

When you are on the edge of ADF's signal, pointer will show approximate direction of the ADF. When you come closer, signal will be stronger.

Richard, The INOP on the EFIS is for the right ADF only, right VOR works fine and I often use it.

Hello Rostyslav, I know there is only one ADF/NDB on the 737NGX but as I pointed out in original Post if this is loaded with radio signal and the right VOR switch is placed in the INOP position the signal will display the ADF/NDB in the ND. Pure and simple. Richard Welsh.

Hi all!

Richard just a small question. How did you imput the frequency of the ADF on the right ADF/VOR seector if there's only one tuner?

Matteo Capocefalo MED1473

Can you show us some screenies of your EFIS, Centre Pedestal & the ND? - I have just tried this in my NGX on a known ADF & was unable to make it happen (as I expected to happen & as Rostyslav described).

Regards

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Hello Everyone, I feel my head is getting a bit sore. To Jay, thats exactly what I said in my Post I was only highlighting that the INOP switch does work. To Matteo, If the landing airport has an ADF/NDB radio beacon i.e. 343 place it into the ADF box in your radio section then in the EFIS use right side VOR and put switch down to where it says INOP. To Steve, Sorry one of my inabilities is sending Screenies etc., but I dont know what difference it would make if I did.

Richard Welsh.

In other words, RIGHT needle, marked INOP, gets it signal from the ADF that is installed (considered LEFT ADF radio).

Did I get it right?