Sign in to follow this  
Phillip Gallagher

Can't climb past FL320 without plane shaking violently

After FL320 the plane begins to shake and gets progressively worse. Also the plane just goes into a complete dive and roll-over to one side quite unexpectedly!

As far as the shaking goes, it's not the weight, I adjusted for that. I could not find an answer to this although I researched before posting. :)

Are you using ASE and FSUIPC? In the manual of ASE this is explain deeply. 747 is a sensible aircraft, like MD11 and this is the cause of S-TURN. Try to watch at the ASE manual, search for fsuipc.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Phillip,

Ideally we need to see some clear screenies of your PFD, ND & Upper EICAS to help you.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Start a process of elimination, remove Accufeel for a test, after that use a weather theme instead of REX.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Are you doing something silly like using VS to control your climb? Try the tutorial flights and see if you encounter the same problems.

Remember that your aircraft's weight will gradually decline over the course of a flight as a result of fuel consumption. It takes more lift to climb when the aircraft is heavier. At high altitudes the lower air density significantly reduces the lift the aircraft can produce. With nearly full fuel tanks any aircraft will not be able to climb as high as it will be able to later in the flight when more of the fuel has been consumed.

When pilots plan a flight approaching the aircraft's maximum range they might need to cruise for a few hours at a lower altitude and wait until fuel consumption lightens the plane enough to climb higher. When the planned flight is significantly shorter than that model's maximum range the plane will leave the gate with less than a full fuel load, as fuel weight is also a factor affecting air speed, angle of attack (would effect the ability to see the runway during final approach) and length of the landing roll out (going off the end of the runway is seldom appreciated).

The thing is Accu-Feel mimics shuddering before a stall. In the Accu-Feel settings there is a slider to set the angle at which Accu-Feel starts shuddering on stall. Reduce the Accu-Feel stall shudder effect by increasing the angle. OR remove Accu-Feel for a test.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Doesn't seem like a stall to me.

Its a STALL. Stall speed at 200 is far less than FL320 due to density altitude. The AIR

I believe it was the Accufeel setting that makes the any aircraft frame start to shutter after passing a pre-chosen IAS.

That wouldn't be the stall speed by any chance? :P