Sign in to follow this  
Phillip Gallagher

Ejets V.2 and Level D 767

All you guys are great for giving such great opinions! I'm gonna get them both. Damn, this is one expensive hobby. I've been into flighsim for 8 years on and off but only 8 months ago got into it seriously and have spent $$$.

Yes, one can spend thousands of dollars in this hobby, there are so many great addons. I've become a bit of an airport scenery junky lately where I do not want to fly into stock FSX airports anymore. I have purchased about 12 airports from various developers and publishers just in the last 3 months alone.

I was so desperate for an updated CYYC that I bought the donationware FS9 version and used Nigel Grant's FSX update. If you would like to try a freeware airport which is at payware quality try KPHL from SunSkyJet, it is a beauty.

Glad you got your issue sorted out, Wilco/Feelthere installs are notorious for ruining ones' .DLL. They've been asked time and again to fix their installer but the request's seems to fall on deaf ears.

\Robert Hamlich/

Phillip, it is well you are exploring the sim and supporting developers. I really enjoy customizing my own installation, I have a nearly full 2TB drive dedicated to FSX, it's add-ons and back-ups. If you intend to continue purchasing add-ons, you really should learn to take charge of your game, imo. There are four documents I am constantly checking, editing and adjusting. They are the dll.xml, exe.xml, fsx.cfg and scenery.cfg documents and, as the abbreviation suggests, they control the configuration of FSX. The dll.xml document tells FSX what dynamic link libraries to load, which enable add-ons. "E-Jet Helper.dll," for example. The FeelThere installer often garbles the dll.xml, it has happened to me. It does not erase it, but renders it unrecognizable to FSX. When you installed FSUIPC, that installer automatically corrected the syntax of the dll.xml and allowed FSX to see which DLL's to load. And if you think what FeelThere does is reprehensible, you have yet to experience some of the really disastrous scenery installers that lurk out there on the web. There may come a time when the FSUIPC installer is not able to correct what you will be able to with about the same degree of skill required to program an FMC. Just sayin...

Rick Keller

Thanks for those tidbits...now I know. I mean how else would I know that except through the experience I just had. It's actually a good thing though! I've been spending too much and it makes me want to be much more selective in what I purchase.

For example, after I bought and downloaded MegasceneryEarth California sec. 024 I was very careful about what selected for download as this product is terribly blurry and just poorly executed. Maybe that's why PCaviator had it in a little corner as a link and is not pushing it!

Thanks. So let me get this straight. I uninstalled the ejets v.2 so do I need to reinstall ejets and then fix the dll.xml by adding what it needs to run the ejets planes?

I haven't heard from feelthere tech yet so I'm asking here. I also downloaded the PMDG article DLL.XML INFORMATION AND TROUBLESHOOTING.

It's interesting that I have to look to PMDG to install a Feelthere product. Maybe I can just get a refund. We'll see :)

Interesting, I have not encountered this problem. The only time I had a problem installing the E-Jets v2 was when my anti-virus blocked a file from installing and the HUD would not operate. I rectified that by uninstalling, turning off my anti-virus, I normally do this but had forgotten in that instance, and installed it again. I am very sorry to hear of the challenge you encountered Phillip. I certainly hope that you get it running properly as I am positive you will have many hours of enjoyment from it. Do not forget that manual I linked you to, it is much better than the default manual. Also, if you use a yoke be sure to create a macro for one button so you can easily pull the HUD up on approach.

On a side note I am not at all surprised that a PMDG source is helping to correct an issue. They are the best for a reason after all. :wink:

Edward Smoker Sr.

Thanks. I'm waiting to hear from Feelthere about how to install this. I emailed them Thursday aroung midnight so waiting for a response. I hope they respond, sure they will probably Monday. I mean I dropped $60.86 on the Ejets and ERJs. The small look I had at the E-145, before the crash, revealed to me that parts of the VC are pretty poorly rendered but I'll see more when I get this up and running.

I found the ERJv2 to be better done than EJetsv2. I tried to tolerate the bad spots in the EJetsv2 VC but I gave up. The text blurries on the FCG is just inexcusable. I like their ERJv2 and just scratch my head with the EJetsv2. However, the installer never gives me any grief.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

If you were to post your DLL.xml

Thanks. So let me get this straight. I uninstalled the ejets v.2 so do I need to reinstall ejets and then fix the dll.xml by adding what it needs to run the ejets planes

Thats what I would do BUT FIRST make a copy of your working DLL.xml and store it somewhere safe. You may need it. Instal the Ejet or ERJ. Im a little confused on that. If it wacks your DLL again, deleted the dll.xml it created and put the good one back and add the following to the DLL.XML. I think you will see the syntax required. You may wait tell haities freezes over for Wilco then they will tell you its your computer! :(

Ejets (175,195)

<Name>FeelThere EJetX Helper</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>FeelThere\E170\EJetH.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

ERJ (135,145)

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FeelThere ERJX Helper</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>FeelThere\Erj\E145XH.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Thanks so much for that Rendi. At this point I'd rather just have a refund but not sure they'll go for that.

Hi Again Rendi. Your instructions for the ERJ 135, 145 says Level D simulations in the top line. Is that right? Thanks for your help!!!

OOPs. Ill fix that. The levelD in my DLL was right below the ERJ. Sorry.

Might add. iI Have had to fix the dll.exe more than once. Not just from Wilco installes. If the DLL syntax is not correct, as PMDG outlines, to start with. The next installer could get confused and not know exactly how to modify the file. I check mine once in awhile to keep it cleaned up. correct syntax.

Almost 96 hours and no reply to my email from Feelthere regarding the Ejets bundle crashing my addons. I guess they're not in this for the long haul.

Phillip,

Try their forum. I don't believe they give email support. Just register and post and someone will answer within 24 hours. I never had any issue installing their products, and I have pretty much the same add-on as you do. Good luck. It's a shame if you have to give it up, the ERJv2 and EJets v2 are nice aircrafts to fly despite some short coming. I fly only short haul due to time constraints and the Embraer planes are much less work to operate then the 737NG IMHO.

http://forum.iemit.com/

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020