Sign in to follow this  
jahowl772

texture issue

recently installed REX and trying to use it with active sky evolution. the textures look great up close, but now i am having the issue below. i was advised to tweak my fs9.cfg file, but i dont know which setting, how much, or even if thats the problem. any help is appreciated...btw using fs9 and window 7.

fl2.jpg

Have you selected Extended Terrain Textures in the FS9 display menu?

John G.

yes, although it seems a little further off in the distance, not too much though.

Does it disappear completely below 8,000 feet?

I had such a problem once after I installed Zinertek Advanced water textures.

i will check extended textures when i make my next flight, but as i said this just started after installing REX textures. this happens at all altitudes, although you see more of it the higher you are. when flying low, its in the distance a bit, but still noticable (thanks guys for your input btw)

here is a little follow up... the extended texture box did help. basically what is going on is that basically i am able to see further than the sim can draw the textures. for example, at FL180 i can see a long way, but the textures will only be drawn to 150 mi max. if i can see further than that then the textures are different. is there any way to make it so that the textures are the same everywhere?

is there any way to make it so that the textures are the same everywhere?

Only by reducing your max visibility. But on the good side it will be more realistic and should improve performance.

Menu > World > Weather > User Defined > Customise > Visibility....

I set mine to a realistic distance, depending upon the weather/atmospheric conditions at the time!

....anything from 5 Miles to 20/30 miles.

Each flight is different.

Paul.

i am using Active sky evolution.this will still work to set it up through FS or do i need to set a visibity setting in ASE too

I use REX 2004 for my sky, etc, textures, and I set the visibility distance via the FS 2004 Weather options.

Give it a try...

Paul....FS 2004... :Bug: ...!

fozzer, thanks so much. i am going to reinstall REX textures, and then set the visibility in the weather and ASE (both were very high). i will let you know, but thanks so far for the input....

fozzer, thanks so much. i am going to reinstall REX textures, and then set the visibility in the weather and ASE (both were very high). i will let you know, but thanks so far for the input....

You are very welcome, Top!

The only thing I might add, regarding visibility...

..in all of my many years of Flight Simming, I have mostly been a low-level, General Aviation, piston-prop pilot, where my visibility is generally restricted to the view directly ahead, at my altitude, rather than deep down below me!

I presume that high altitude commercial jet pilots are mostly concerned with the visibility forward and also down below them. For that reason the visibility distance at high altitude may be very much greater, than for low-level flying!

Either way, weather/distance settings for different flights are always fun to set up... :biggrin: ...!

Paul...Low and slow ....in FS 2004!...Big%20Grin.gif ...!

the settings you mentioned seemed to work out ok. i will continue to tweak but i think this solved the bulk of my problem!