Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

The ADF freqs, ADF2 commands

Short and simple, can you folks drive your FO to set up 1630.0 on the ADF? I don't know how to tell him that it is not 163.0.

Once you've manually set the four digit freqs, he has a hard time using other ones as he seems to read only three digits before the decimal.

On ADF2, the same takes place, but I fail to see some actual changes in the sim regardless of the frequency. He confirms my wish for lets say 334.0 to be set on ADF2, but nothing happens.

Hi CoolP

Do none of these work?

To set ADF 2 Set Frequency

• A D F two <ADF_FREQ>
  • A D F two radio <ADF_FREQ>
  • A D F two radio set <ADF_FREQ>
  • A D F two radio to <ADF_FREQ>
  • A D F two set <ADF_FREQ>
  • A D F two to <ADF_FREQ>
  • <ADF_FREQ> A D F two
  • <ADF_FREQ> A D F two radio
  • <ADF_FREQ> on A D F two
  • <ADF_FREQ> on A D F two radio
  • <ADF_FREQ> on the A D F two
  • <ADF_FREQ> on the A D F two radio
  • Set <ADF_FREQ> A D F two
  • Set <ADF_FREQ> A D F two radio
  • Set <ADF_FREQ> on A D F two
  • Set <ADF_FREQ> on A D F two radio
  • Set <ADF_FREQ> on the A D F two
  • Set <ADF_FREQ> on the A D F two radio

To set ADF 1 Set Frequency

• ADF one <ADF_FREQ>
  • A D F one radio <ADF_FREQ>
  • A D F one radio set <ADF_FREQ>
  • A D F one radio to <ADF_FREQ>
  • A D F one set <ADF_FREQ>
  • A D F one to <ADF_FREQ>
  • <ADF_FREQ> A D F one
  • <ADF_FREQ> A D F one radio
  • <ADF_FREQ> on A D F one
  • <ADF_FREQ> on A D F one radio
  • <ADF_FREQ> on the A D F one
  • <ADF_FREQ> on the A D F one radio
  • Set <ADF_FREQ> A D F one
  • Set <ADF_FREQ> A D F one radio
  • Set <ADF_FREQ> on A D F one
  • Set <ADF_FREQ> on A D F one radio
  • Set <ADF_FREQ> on the A D F one
  • Set <ADF_FREQ> on the A D F one radio
  • Dial <ADF_FREQ> on A D F one
  • Dial <ADF_FREQ> on A D F one radio
  • Dial <ADF_FREQ> on the A D F one
  • Dial <ADF_FREQ> on the A D F one radio
  • Tune <ADF_FREQ> on A D F one
  • Tune <ADF_FREQ> on A D F one radio
  • Tune <ADF_FREQ> on the A D F one
  • Tune <ADF_FREQ> on the A D F one radio

Are you sure the Frequency is correct?

'In North America, the NDB band is from 190 to 435 kHz and from 510 to 530 kHz. In Europe, there is a longwave broadcasting band from 150 to 280 kHz, so the European NDB band is from 280 kHz to 530 kHz with a gap between 495 and 505 kHz because 500 kHz was the international maritime distress (emergency) frequency.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Good point on the frequencies. Well, those four digit things are rare, but they are there. Currently in NZ. And my M-Panel supports them, same for the VC ADF gauges, so I guess it's within the range FSX itself can handle.

Wikipedia says.

NDBs used for aviation are standardised by ICAO Annex 10 which specifies that NDBs be operated on a frequency between 190 kHz and 1750 kHz,

Here's an example from NZ. It's enroute, so it's vital on my old airliner. Hence the wish to set it (which I can of course, but not with MCE so far).

clipboard01gb.jpg

I will try some more of those commands but what's failing is the <ADF_FREQ> part, it only allows three digits before the decimal it seems. Or I'm doing something wrong when it comes to saying that I now mean one thousand six hundred something. :unsure:

But there's more, he seems to get stuck when the ADF is above 1000. So if we assume that ADF1 already is at 1630.0 and you command the, usually flawless, thing like 'ADF1 to 243.5' he will turn and turn the ADF knobs but never succeed.

You can try it. Manually set 1630.0 and then command. What he does is setting 1243.x, while the x is the digit he alters all the time, never reaching it. Weird.

As for ADF2 commands. He confirms all changes and states 'xxx.x on NDB2', but the sim setting doesn't change like on ADF1.

OK, on it now, standby

Thanks for that

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I have to thank you in the first place. And, as you saw, not a biggie at all. MCE is cool for me.

Thanks again. Anyone stopped the time from posting to the 'noted' message? A few seconds! :Applause:

CoolP, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

You’re right; the grammar only accepts 3 numbers before the decimal.

This can be easily fixed and you can ask for the amended grammar file as of today.

The second issue has to do with the acceptable range, which FO verifies before dialling. Currently FO will only accept values from 100 to 1600 for ADF (assuming you’ve got the up to date grammar file which will allow 4 digits)

The range needs to be changed to 100-1750 in “mce.exe”. That will be done in next release.

As for ADF2, there are currently no voice commands for that device which isn’t present on most aircraft. Therefore left it out as one of those "click-me please" items.

The FS++ team

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Thanks for posting. Much appreciated. :good:

No biggie with the freq range, I'll wait for the update.

As for ADF2, there are currently no voice commands for that device which isn’t present on most aircraft. Therefore left it out as one of those "click-me please" items.

But the part with the ADF2 commands is a bit confusing. There are commands and he even accepts them with confirming 'ADF2 to xxx.x", but he just doesn't work the switches.

But a lot of sim planes of course use two ADFs. Just some 737NG is down to one, but the whole bunch of other modern and older (remember, we simmers fly a lot of old and GA stuff too) of course has and needs a second ADF. All your steam gauge darlings use it and I e.g. still run my Concorde, 707 and A300 around the globe, where even VORs are rare.

So perhaps they can leave those commands in place (as they are now) and just make sure they work out. Sounds better than forgetting about the ADF2 and commenting the current commands out. :smile:

I mean, we even have voice commands for switching the alternate static. I think I've never used that one at all. :o

Thanks for posting. Much appreciated. :good:

No biggie with the freq range, I'll wait for the update.

But the part with the ADF2 commands is a bit confusing. There are commands and he even accepts them with confirming 'ADF2 to xxx.x", but he just doesn't work the switches.

But a lot of sim planes of course use two ADFs. Just some 737NG is down to one, but the whole bunch of other modern and older (remember, we simmers fly a lot of old and GA stuff too) of course has and needs a second ADF. All your steam gauge darlings use it and I e.g. still run my Concorde, 707 and A300 around the globe, where even VORs are rare.

So perhaps they can leave those commands in place (as they are now) and just make sure they work out. Sounds better than forgetting about the ADF2 and commenting the current commands out. :smile:

I mean, we even have voice commands for switching the alternate static. I think I've never used that one at all. :o

OK, the FS++ team are looking into this. Should have a defiant answer within a few days ^_^

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I hope they keep the ADF2 stuff. Makes sense. Thanks for posting.