Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Excellent Customer Service - PC Aviator/Megascenery

I am almost finished reinstalling years worth of addons into my new PC. It's been a pretty nasty experience on the whole but for those of you who will have to do this in the future, I can tell you that the methods used by the major companies (F1, Aerosoft, Simmarket etc.) works pretty well, especially if you have done a good job of backing up your serial numbers etc.

But the company I have to give top marks to for going "above and beyond the call of duty" is PC Aviator, the retailer of Megascenery. I want to publicly say thank you to them for resolving an issue in a generous and very friendly manner. I wish all the companies I have to deal with in every day life had the same attitude - life would be a lot more pleasant

Ian

Recently went through the same miserable experience. Of the two companies I needed help from (purely due to my stupidity/re-install fatigue) both Hi-Fi Sim and Ryan from PMDG resolved my issues as fast as was humanly possible. To be honest, and despite some of the moaning, I have the impression that the vast and overwhelming level of support in the FS world is just superb. Maybe it's just me?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I wish MegaSceneryEarth was like MegasceneryX :( .

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I agree Gavin. About the only company that has been difficult to deal with, I think the problem is one of language. (My fault for not being multi-lingual and also for displacing the information when I backed up my old computer)... Though the process of getting new key files etc can be time consuming, the systems used all seemed to work flawlessly

I am sorry to complain, but I have had two very negative incidents with PC Aviator.

Both involved downloads paid for by credit card.

On clicking the link to Justflight in one case, no download occurred. I emailed them and

called numerous times. Eventually my credit card company credited me. In addition they

charged me twice for the same product.

Justflight interceded and offered me a replacement. That was the last time I heard from them.

I can only advise to try and get a boxed item every time.

I am sorry to complain, but I have had two very negative incidents with PC Aviator.

Both involved downloads paid for by credit card.

On clicking the link to Justflight in one case, no download occurred. I emailed them and

called numerous times. Eventually my credit card company credited me. In addition they

charged me twice for the same product.

Justflight interceded and offered me a replacement. That was the last time I heard from them.

I can only advise to try and get a boxed item every time.

I've been using PC Aviator for years and have found their service and response time to be very satisfactory. If I had a problem I would call or send an email and the situtation was resolved in a timely manner to my satisfaction.

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam