Sign in to follow this  

Flight-like dawn

One of the things I missed from MS Flight (after going back to FSX) was the golden dawn. After some fooling around with REX I think I found a dawn texture that comes pretty close to what Flight offered. :wink:

In chronological order (I should have made an extra screenshots between the 4th and 5th, really...)

(BTW The RealAir Legacy really has great VC-lighting: no matter what time of day, the light always perfectly fits with what you see outside. A lot of other addons have big problems with getting that right and sometimes are almost unflyable due to odd masks and so on during dawn or dusk!)

7753105430_f6030c89bb_h.jpg

7753104560_0774984aa6_h.jpg

7753103556_b920135ea0_h.jpg

7753101886_b7ffa6c35b_h.jpg

7753100400_2450c2cb09_h.jpg

Parked at my destination. I love it how a LOT of airports in Orbx regions (this one is NRM) have gotten some nice treatment.

7753099504_4b7aacdab1_h.jpg

Lighting themes brilliant!

HLJAMES

I'd say that we could never have a texture set which is good enough, since the lightning conditions / how the sky looks like is different every day and also is different for every country

Dawn progression looks excellent, care to share your REX texture selection?????

Dawn = Orange West Coast

Day = New Blue

BTW On a sidenote: for full dawn effect in FSX make sure to FIRST select Season, Month and Year and AFTER that select Dawn. The order in that FSX menu isn't logical (Time of day is above Season). If you press Dawn and after that select another day, the dawn time of the previous selected day will still be active and you usually don't see the actual dawn at all. The same goes for Dusk obviously.

I'd say that we could never have a texture set which is good enough, since the lightning conditions / how the sky looks like is different every day and also is different for every country

Very true. But for now I am happy with REX. :wink: (I have 2.0 btw, not Essentials).

So Beautiful!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I like numbers 3 and 4 very much. They're jst awesome.

Installed REX textures

Dawn = Orange West Coast

Day = New Blue.

....and took off at dawn from KPWT. Fantastic lighting, many thanks for sharing.