Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

Need help ASAP: FSX graphics completely corrupted and CTD.

I guess flying with FSX makes me more of a troubleshooting expert than a pilot. I recently came back from a 2-week trip and wanted to fly in FSX a bit. Its not working anymore.

FSX starts up as usual and then shows the aircraft selection screen with a default cessna BUT the background is black, the nose of the plane is green and the rest of the model is grey and untextured. It also shows massive atifacts. 5 Seconds on, FSX crashes every time with this message, which is german, because I am from germany:

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH

Anwendungsname: fsx.exe

Anwendungsversion: 10.0.61637.0

Anwendungszeitstempel: 46fadb14

Fehlermodulname: nvd3dum.dll

Fehlermodulversion: 8.17.13.142

Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4fb20472

Ausnahmecode: c0000005

Ausnahmeoffset: 006a2a5e

Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Zusatzinformationen zum Problem:

LCID: 1031

I already uninstalled nvidia drivers, wiped them with driver sweeper and reinstalled them, without any difference.

And since my FSX has over 100 GB of files, and many contents are configured by hand. (sound install on AI planes, placement of CIVA INS and other things) a complete reinstall of FSX is ABSOLUTELY NOT AN OPTION. I simply do not have the time I had in the past to do all those things again.

Screenshot of the error is in attachment

Guest firehawk44

The faulting module does belong to NVIDIA and you did well by uninstalling/reinstalling and using a registry cleaner. I would say you're missing a texture. Did you install a new aircraft or scenery recently? I would rename your FSX.cfg to FSX.orig then restart FSX and let the config rebuild. If that fixes the problem then you'll have to figure out what tweak caused the corruption. If it did not fix the problem, you can delete the fsx.cfg and rename the original back to fsx.cfg. I'll continue to look for additional possibilities.

Best regards,

Jim

I see you posted over in another forum too about this problem. You can do a repair but I would recommend saving your FSX.cfg, scenery.cfg, dll.xml and the logbook.bin. Just insert the FSX disk one and select repair. Since you have FSX Gold Edition, running all disks will repair everything. If you had GEX installed (it replaces the default scenery textures) you might run a repair with that program too. Deleting your FSX.cfg as recommended above should be done before going through the repair.

Best regards,

Jim

Here's another possible fix if you are using nvidiaInspector with Buffer Pool (BP=0)... http://forum.avsim.net/topic/332951-fsx-crashes-since-the-new-buildhelp/

Thx for the help jim, I think I'll risk the install then, I have GEX and UTX for various regions of the world but its no big trouble just copying the textures over once more.

I'll better save myself a checklist with all the files you mentioned I need to backup ;)

nvidia inspector settings were reset when I reinstalled the driver. So FSX is currently not using AA at all, but still has this problem.

EDIT: no luck with the repair option, problem still there :(

Guest firehawk44

Since you still had the problem with a default FSX.cfg plus repair option, the other suggestion I had with the link regarding the BP+0 setting won't work either. In this case I suspect an issue with your system. Is your system overclocked? The picture indicates to me FSX is having a hardtime rendering textures. It could be a bad display driver setting. Have you tried putting the highmemfix=1 in the Graphics section of the FSX.cfg? I would also recommend making sure your virtual memory (page file) setting is set to System Managed Size as that seems to work best for FSX. That has fixed problems for others here. I see also from your error report that you had the exception code c0000005 which means you had a Memory_Access_Violation. The cause of this is numerous but I have found that a wrong memory configuration in your BIOS can cause this violation. You should check your BIOS and make sure the Frequency/Timings and DRAM voltage settings are correct (use CPU-Z and your settings should match the ones under the SPD tab). You should also take a look at the CPU voltage setting as too high or too low settings can create problems with system memory.

Hope one of these suggestions work!

Best regards,

Jim

Ok, the problem is solved. There was a dll from an ENB mod which wasnt compatible with FSX. it went in that folder by accident and now I hope my installation isnt messed up with all the repair attempts, I noticed I lost all my key bindings -.-

anyways thanks, at least in this forum someone is trying to really help instead of just trying to prove everything is my own fault. ;)

Guest firehawk44

Glad you found the problem. Just take s a lot of investigating.

Best regards,

Jim