Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Tribute to Flight

I am an unrepentant picture taker. For any reason and at any moment, I take pictures. Surely, many of you are like that. It makes no difference if the pictures are good or not, and with big hard drives, it doesn't really matter. I still have plenty of pictures on my computer of FS 10. And also FS 9, 8, and even 7.

So, it is no surprise that I have taken a heck of a lot of pictures of Flight. And there is no reason not to share them with you. This is only a small selection that, I hope, illustrates some of the great things about this game that I have enjoyed over the past few months. And that I intend to continue to enjoy for as long as I can.

The Waimea Canyon in Hawai'i is stunning, "awesome" as we would have said before the "dudes" appropriated that word for their own use. :P

Here is some more incredible scenery, I think it's on the Western side of Oahu:

The lighting effects are impressive, I think that we can all agree:

The Stearman looks just as good on the ground as in the air:

The moon over the Mustang!

As a beta tester, I filed a lot of bug reports, although Flight was pretty much bug-free from the start compared to previous versions of FS. This was probably my favorite bug, but don't ask me what it is! :lol:

Alaska brought a lot of new pleasures, such as the Cub and skimming the surface of the water:

And the vastness of Alaska is impressive:

Here is the Cub in all its splendor and in its element - a dirt strip out somewhere in the bush:

One final shot of Alaska, flying down from the summit:

I enjoy Flight too much, much more than all the previous versions of FS, even though I enjoyed them all immensely.

Please show your favorite images of this wonderful sim for the benefit of all.

Best regards.

Luis

I tried that yesterday and they got moved to the screen shot forum for being Off Topic. Seems they must relate to the certain subject under discusion. I don't think they will be much appreciated there. I also have many screen shots I would like to post from flights past. Nice shots there Luis.

Steve

Very neat Luis, thanks for sharing!

I always enjoy reading about your excitement and adventures with Flight!

Hopefully the thread can stay, as Steve mentioned this forum is probably only place they will be appreciated.

I think I may have a couple of pretty good ones, it is my bed time so maybe in the am...

If only REX was here for the clouds... Only thing I really wanted in Flight. Everything else seems good from default.

And where on earth did you find that house with the Stearman?

Great looking! Thx for posting it.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It's such a shame that the project was doomed from day 1 due to not realizing the need for deluxe aircraft after day 1 until it was too late! If they had a deluxe aircraft release after the first basic aircraft then development on flight would still be alive. I just hope that now they open it up so we can get the deluxe DLC aircraft this sim deserved bur that MS management refused to give it. R.I.P flight. Your small number of deluxe aircraft will be sorely missed

Great pix Luis and from one beta tester to another it was great! :)

Like you, for me the adventure still continues, and as you have pointed out on so many occasions... It is only a game, so why not enjoy it as such.

It still makes me smile and when it stops doing that it's time to move on.

Bri

great shots! where was the Stearman pic (solo, not with his buds clowning around) taken?

That image is from the Big Island of Hawai'i, but forgive me if I leave the precise location undisclosed. This will give you an opportunity to explore! :lol:

Best regards.

Luis

I've seen that building. I think there are more than one of them, but don't quote me on that one.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;