Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

AVSIM MS Flight Forum Changes

MS Flight Forum Changes

Upon the earlier announcement of the discontinuation of "MS Flight" J van E requested us to relieve him of his moderation duties. We asked him to serve for a bit longer until we had a chance to review our options. Today he repeated his request and we have accepted his resignation, with regret. For the present we are going to fold the oversight of MS Flight into the existing MS Flight Simulation structure shared by FS9 and FSX. Therefore those moderators and administrators will routinely look after this forum as well.

Thank you Jeroen for your service to this community.

Opportunity

This provides a perfect opportunity for someone who uses and enjoys MS Fight, weaknesses and all, who will enforce AVSIM policy and direction for the MS Flight Forum to step forward and serve as a new AVSIM staff moderator responsible for MS Flight. Such a willingness to serve as a volunteer here would most likely lead to additional responsibilities and opportunities within Avsim, as merited. If you would like to help us build Avsim for the future, this would be perfect place for you to start.

If interested, please contact Tom Allensworth and/or myself in confidence by private PM.

Kind regards,

Thank you Jeroen, for the great service here, both as a moderator and your contributions to Flight for others benefit here. I always enjoyed reading your posts showing your passion for Flight, along with the knowledge you shared.

I hope you continue to participate to some extent in this forum if you can, I would certainly miss your posts here.

Nice job Jeroen; you took a hard job and did it well. Your guidance here is gonna to be missed.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I learned more from you than anything or anyone here.

A most sincere thanks to your unselfish efforts and patience with me while I went/go through the learning curve.

Even though we all respect your decision, feel free to continue your enligtening posts.

Jeroen, thanks for all your patience and hard work. I hope this doesn't mean you've given up on Flight. It's still an incredible flight sim.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Jeroen, thank you for your tutorials - especially the VOR. I had tried to get my head around this subject a number of times, via the FS9 flying lessons, but never could get it. Well, now I do and I have printed off your documentation in case I ever need a refresher.

Thanks Jeroen...I don't know too much about navigation, but what I do know, you taught me pretty much all of it. Thanks again!!

Jeroen, I really think we will all miss your participation not only as a moderator but as a very active and productive user of MS FLIGHT. I seriously hope you enjoy your "new" experience with MSFSX the most!

All of the best to you!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thank you, Jeroen, for your expert moderating and those most valuable tutorials. I feel you taught MANY of us MOST of what we know about navigation thanks to your efforts there. I read and value your observations and opinions here in this forum.

Thanks Jeroen for the hard work you've put into the Flight forum. Hope to "see you around" here at Avsim.

Ken

Jeroen, thanks for all your help. I do hope you come back and visit us often. I for one will still be here.

Jeroen., thank you very much!

I'm sure you will be right next door.