Sign in to follow this  
CaptCraig

Weird happenings on approach to MHTG

The only time I've ever had this happen too:

Autopilot disconnected, FDs are on, Autothrottle off. After the hard left bank to line up with the runway the aircraft seemed to hard over to the right, and caused a horrible crash landing. I went again and tried the same approach and it did it again, a hard over to the right. The weather was very bad, but not windy. I'll try another approach tonight at a different airport, but has anyone ever experienced the NGX to have a mind of it's own on occasion?

Was there traffic nearby? IIRC some people have had this problem of sudden hard over on approach when AI aircraft is close.

I have had this and it was the wake turbulence setting in active sky. Check it if you use it and turn in right down or off.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

That wake turbulance sounds quite plausible.. I don't use that weather program, and I've

never seen anything like that. And trailing an AI plane would be a tip off.

I just flew that airport the other day when I made a video to show off the new paint

job on my private family truckster 600... :)

I used the overall template from a paint job someone else on this forum had posted.. :|

I forgot who he was, but he'll recognise it when he sees the tail...

But I changed things around a bit.. Changed the light blue top to white, changed the

stripes on the tail to solid color, etc.. Added an extra blue stripe that extends to up

under the front landing gear doors.

I like the results better than the older 600 I was running with the blue "Ford GT" type stripes..

I did the approach kinda slow.. It was planned for 165 knots as I recall, but I dropped

flaps to "2", and the FMC wanted to slow me down.. So I just kept the FMC speed

and flew onwards at 146 knots rather than overriding it.. :/

Also.. this was an example of using the FMC to control speed almost until the last

minute. "related to a thread I just commented on"

The FMC decided the final Vref speed, etc.. I just unhooked right after it decided the final

speed for flaps 40.. And this was with good weather, so was fairly easy as far as

approaches to that airport go.. It likes to rain a lot down there... :(

IT WAS WAKE TURB!!!

I had a group of three friends and we were all like 5nm apart on this approach together, and I'm assuming I caught my buddy's vortex in the turn to final

IT WAS WAKE TURB!!!

I had a group of three friends and we were all like 5nm apart on this approach together, and I'm assuming I caught my buddy's vortex in the turn to final

Thought it was. I would turn the effect off if I were you. It is hopeless if honest and frankly causes more frustration than pleasure. For me one of those crap fsx limits.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Wow, Sunday I also flew to Tocomen. You fly to the runway perpendicularly and need to start perfectly the last turn. I hit the runway and slid along... I have to practice a little bit more.

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Thought it was. I would turn the effect off if I were you. It is hopeless if honest and frankly causes more frustration than pleasure. For me one of those crap fsx limits.

If it was wake turb which we assume, then yeah what a bad effect. It's not like when I fly a 152 after a CRJ in rw that's for sure.

Wow, Sunday I also flew to Tocomen. You fly to the runway perpendicularly and need to start perfectly the last turn. I hit the runway and slid along... I have to practice a little bit more.

Yeah I landed great my third time, but was still off centre. Fourth time, crashed again. Fifth landed nice. It's one you gotta practice for. You MUST GET the Latin VFR MHTG scenery or your visual cues for the turn are absent.

You MUST GET the Latin VFR MHTG scenery or your visual cues for the turn are absent.

Hi Craig,

have you checked the following scenaries?

Toncontin MHTG

library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=134801

library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=156136

Andreas Berg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

I just did. Looking at the jpegs they look decent, terminal runway and gate wise. The payware is really good visually. Burger King, Pizza Hut signs all there like in the RW. Do you know if these freeware airports have the visual aids needed for final?

With Latin VFR for MHTG, do you get FSX freeze after a missed approach ? It usually occurs after selecting the RNAV RW02 approach again, dont know why.

I find that I have to follow the purple flight path line closely to make a good landing, but true, an approach and landing thats super cool to do.

You have to follow till point 11 (if I recall) then go visual, following the highway bend that goes to the highway off and on ramp "flower" then do the turn to final. No I haven't had any fsx crash when flying a missed approach.

I tried some freeware MHTG scenery, but none seemed right, and didn't have the

visual cues. Also, they didn't give you the feeling of descending down into the "bowl"

like the Latin VFR scenery does.

To me, the Latin VFR scenery is the only way to go unless something better comes out.

I only one issue I have with the Latin VFR scenery, and I could fix it if I got off my differential..

The textures look too brown for how that area looks most of the time. Should look quite

a bit greener. But I imagine they were using photo images, and that were probably a little

off color. I could fix those and make em greener, and I might do it one of these days..

I'll have to look and see how many textures would be involved..

I'd also like to do a total rework of all the FSX nighttime textures, as I think the default

night look is pretty lame. But.. It would be a huge undertaking.. :( Lots of textures..

I did that for FS98 and released it as "lightbulbs", but not near as many night textures

with FS98 as there are now with FSX.

but none seemed right, and didn't have the

visual cues

The harder the landing is... w/o visual cues. You have to turn by gut feeling...

Andreas Berg