Sign in to follow this  
Ralgh

My Baron drifts off course with Reality XP GNS430W

When I start my flight and turn the autopilot on and select NAV it tracks the route right on with NAV annunciated on the upper left corner of the autopilot. After a while the plane very slowly starts to drift left of course. Next I see the ARM annunciation on the autopilot. As the flight progresses it drifts further left of course. Eventually the NAV annunciation moves from the upper left corner of the autopilot to the lower left corner. The CDI on the HSI also show the plane left of course. If I deselect then reselect NAV the plane banks a little right but then goes right back to where it was. Each time I do a new flight it starts all over again. If I just do a turn (do another leg without exiting FSX) it picks up right where it was left of course. I don't know if this is a Baron problem or a RXP problem or how the two interect becaue I haven't flown the Baron without RXP and haven't really used RXP with any other plane. Any ideas on what's happening?

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Problem solved. It was happening because the gyro was drifting even though I have that disabled in the realism menu. I never thought of that becaue the Baron I used to fly had a slaved gyro and I assumed the Carenado Baron did too.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

On that point... is there a way to turn gyro drift off in the aircraft.cfg? The switch in the cockpit does have it slaved, so it shouldn't happen. There is more than just the Baron in their fleet that has that issue, but I keep forgetting to ask here.

Cheers

Mike

In the aircraft config file there is a spot where you can change the gyro type. there is a line that expalins what each number means. I changed it from 1 to 3.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Try:

direction_indicator.0=3,0

From the SDK:

[direction_indicators]

This section is used to define the characteristics of the direction indicators on the instrument panels, but does not include the magnetic compass (which has a separate section). The list of indicators should be listed in order: 0,1,2,…n.

Property

Description

Examples

direction_indicator.0

to

direction_indicator.n One or two codes. If the indicator is type 4, then there must be two entries here (the indicator, and the indicator to which this one is slaved). The indicator codes are:

0 = None

1 = Vacuum gyro

2 = Electric gyro

3 = Electro-mag slaved compass

4 = Slaved to another indicator Airbus A321( direction_indicator.0=3,0 )

Aircreation582SL( direction_indicator.0 = 0 )

Cessna Skyhawk 172SP( direction_indicator.0=1,0 )

DG808S( direction_indicator.0=0,0 )

Douglas DC-3( direction_indicator.1=2,0 ) induction_compass.0

to

induction_compass.n If there is an induction compass, one of:

1 = Electric

2 = Anemometer driven (From Flight Simulator 2004)

Ryan NYP( induction_compass.0=2 )

Bert