Sign in to follow this  
Guest Len

Ariane Releases Boeing BBJ

Guest Len

Has anyone bought this product yet? I'm a bit wary of jumping into buying products on release, now that I've been burn't by Wilco with their very poor and premature release of the PICA320. I tried to get my money back but they never responded. Now I'm waiting for a promised patch. Anyway, the BBJ looks good but who knows. Opinions?

Guest mikehaska

Well, you could by it, but FFX will be releasing their BBJ in a few weeks. I think that you might want to wait until then, and then decide if you want to shell out the money or not. I bought the 737-300, and seeing the new FFX jets on the way, I wish I had held on to the credit card a little harder!

Guest Len

It's ok. You've probably read the warning issued by AVSIM regarding this spurious company "Ariane" and it's founder. I was rather surprised yesterday I had see the message about the Ariane release posted in the news area and then just as quickly saw it removed. I was wondering what was up until today (April 8) and the Caveat emptor warning by Avsim. Thanks to Avsim for their information.(Wilco maybe should be scrutinized in this respect particularly with respect to them releasing the PICA320 which was a mess and using the unwitting purchasers, as, in effect, purchasing beta-testers. I sent two emails to them requesting a refund and they gave me no response. Now I'm waiting for the patch which I'm being forced to accept given their unresponsiveness. If nothing has been improved I may go after them with a complaint to the appropriate agency. Unfortunately I'm in Canada which makes my dealing with them very difficult).

Wilco may have pisspoor customer support, but they don't steal from other developers and they're not under a court order that tells they can't do business either.

Guest Len

>Wilco may have pisspoor customer support, but they don't steal from other developers and they're not under a court order that tells they can't do business either. No, they steal from customers. You steal from customers when you sell a product so flawed and so unuseable that it's sale amounts to at least false advertising and then have the audacity to ignore the purchasers' valid complaints. A difference in degree but not in kind.