Sign in to follow this  
Cruentus

low frames per second

Hello everybody,

i run fsx at high settings, which always gave me good fps-rate (above 25). Yesterday I bought and installed the pmdg 737 ngx. The exterior view is no problem for my pc, still good fps-rate. But if I change to the interior view, my fps go down to circa 5 pfs...unplayable.

If I set settings to low I get 30 fps for the pmdg (by comparison: if I take at this settings the standard boeing, I got over 100 fps^^). Problem is, sooner or later, this setting will hurt my eyes. I only can accept medium settings at least, but then I've only 15 fps with pmdg interior view...it stutters...

I already installed SP1c. Has anybody an idea to improve the fps without taking lower environment settings? Or knows settings, which cost performance without having big effects on graphics? (Already deactivated DX10).

My system:

Intel Core Quad 2,4GHz

3GB RAM

Windows 7 32bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Thank you.

It is a very complex add on and such is the nature of the beast I am afraid.

From looking at your pc specs I don't see you getting much more out of it than that. Consider overclocking your cpu. 2.4 GHz is not really enough in my view to run fsx with such aircraft and scenery. Also a 64bit OS more RAM and a better card would not go a miss though I used to run on a gtx 260 and that card did ok I have to say.

Overall though if you overclock your cpu you will see massive improvements. There are also a number of tweaks that may help if you have not applied them.

Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Your system is a bit on the low end for it, a overclock will help as FSX is very CPU dependant. A couple things you can try now would be to open the PMDG performance manager and lower the textures/model/displays of virtual cockpit and this tweak tool might help a bit:

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

okay, thanks for your help, guys. In the next days I will try overclocking my system. But the performance manager and the website already helped a lot. My eyes are still happy with the settings and my frames are about 18 up to 25 now...enough for me.

Thank you

okay, thanks for your help, guys. In the next days I will try overclocking my system. But the performance manager and the website already helped a lot. My eyes are still happy with the settings and my frames are about 18 up to 25 now...enough for me.

Thank you

Don't try overclocking it without some decent cooling on your CPU fella or you will cook it.

Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

And don't try overclocking without doing some research. Learn how to overclock your CPU, don't guess.