Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

Explanation of Aerocaches from MSG

https://news.microsoftflight.com/blogs/news/archive/2012/08/10/aerocaches-of-the-day.aspx

This explains what's going on with the daily aerocaches. Thank you Loki for keeping us informed.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

+1

And fair play to them for keeping it going for the right reasons put forward in that blog post. Big-up to Loki and Solicest

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Yep! One more reason to never leave FLIGHT, if it wasn't for the simple fact that it is THE BEST GA SIMULATOR EVER!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

This statement however frightens me: "...we are going to be maintaining the multiplayer servers, marketplace content, as well as maintaining the content that has been released so that in adition to getting new content from the Marketplace, users can still use content they have purchased..."

So, if they don't "maintain the content that has been released" (whatever that means), we may loose the content that we already purchased? Great, esp. after what Mathijs Kok had to say about MS being so "reliable"!

This statement however frightens me: "...we are going to be maintaining the multiplayer servers, marketplace content, as well as maintaining the content that has been released so that in adition to getting new content from the Marketplace, users can still use content they have purchased..."

So, if they don't "maintain the content that has been released" (whatever that means), we may loose the content that we already purchased? Great, esp. after what Mathijs Kok had to say about MS being so "reliable"!

You might have misread the statement. It clearly says that they intend to maintain released content. So by that, I wouldn't worry about your purchased content being unusable.

Here is the paragraph that addresses this issue.

Wait, there may be new Aerocaches of the Day coming? I thought you shut down Flight?

While production on future content for Microsoft Flight has been discontinued, we are going to be maintaining the multiplayer servers, marketplace content, as well as maintaining the content that has been released so that in adition to getting new content from the Marketplace, users can still use content they have purchased... Also, while I admit to a bit of the laziness, I am also kinda stubborn, so I am working with Solicest, and other people on trying to finish what we can finish and get content that we *can* get released, released.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I am also kinda stubborn, so I am working with Solicest, and other people on trying to finish what we can finish and get content that we *can* get released, released.

Might this part of Loki's statement reinforce the idea that new content (additional DLC aircraft) will be made available?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Might this part of Loki's statement reinforce the idea that new content (additional DLC aircraft) will be made available?

You might have misread the statement. It clearly says that they intend to maintain released content. So by that, I wouldn't worry about your purchased content being unusable.

Well, I do not for one minute doubt the good intentions of Loki and Solicest, but as they keep re-iterating at STEAM, they have little say (in fact none) over what will happen to Flight in the future, and they appear to operate in constant uncertainty themselves. To me, their post confirms that

1) once top brass decide to discontinue the servers, we might end up with a "game" we can no longer play. OK, I do not expect this to happen any time soon (depending on how succesful Flight remains), but I'm having such a great time that I want to continue playing Flight forever so to speak (even without the Live connection)

2) there is definitely some unreleased content, but again, Loki and Solicest have at this moment no clue what so ever that they will ever be allowed to release it.

To give you an idea of the uncertainty they are dealing with, here is what Loki had to say on STEAM:

"To reiterate, production of future content on Flight has been discontinued. As we have stated we are unsure what work we can do code side, but we would like to fix bugs if possible. We are not providing specifics as we do not know ourselves. We are continuing to maintain content, servers and marketplace content, we just do not know what code changes we can make"