Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

Why would you buy FS 11?

If through some miracle FS 11 was announced, what SINGLE improvement would influance your decision to buy it over staying with FSX/FS9?

I am pretty satisfied with FSX so I am curious what others think

Jay

If it had a lot more realistic flight dynamics, that surely would.

Or if it was graphically totally superior to FSX that too.

Something less CPU intensive so it would run close to 60 FPS under full graphics load, thus, smoothing out the visual experience. That would entice me.

Danny

Would have to make proper usage of current hardware.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

better graphics are always welcome. however, better API support for doing combat related addons would be a really worthwhile upgrade!

better graphics are always welcome. however, better API support for doing combat related addons would be a really worthwhile upgrade!

'Combat related' addons is the last thing I would be interested in for a civilian sim. There are already lots of options for combat flight sims.

Better performance, light and shadowing and a more advanced flight model would be enough for me to upgrade.

The sad thing is they were already 25% of the way there with 'Flight'.....somebody at MS just needed the balls to complete the job properly.

Realistic ATC for me.

This.

Plus more realistic simulation of weather. Real volumetric clouds, weather systems, radar support, a feeling of actually being IMC when in a cloud. Weather is one of the the single most important factors when making a go/no go decision in real world flying. FSX doesn't do the best job in this area.

'Combat related' addons is the last thing I would be interested in for a civilian sim. There are already lots of options for combat flight sims.

Agreed. I'll leave the combat to the combat sims.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

PMDG support

Proper coding

Realistic graphics and effects

Proper coding

Proper coding

Proper coding

Proper coding

Proper coding

I just can't say it enough

Proper coding!

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

I'd buy a new sim for realistic weather... ie real IMC, clouds that don't suddenly appear out of nowhere when you flying along VFR, rain/snow effects on the planes.

Other than that I'm pretty content with FSX. XP10 has nice weather rendition but that's about all imho.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ability to use all the new graphics technology in the new video cards/SLI and better use of the processor/multi core and more efficient code.

Otherwise, I am fairly ok with FSX.

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

New graphic engine. Provided everything else is also there. So you could say: FSX content and possibilities with MS Flight graphics.