Sign in to follow this  
737guy

New to FSX - Scenery Add-On Suggestions

Folks,

I'm new to FSX, and currently have it and FS Global Ultimate for North America and Europe/Africa installed. Much of my flying will be with the PMDG 737NGX, and would appreciate some advice on what other scenery packages and weather packages I should get for the best visual experience.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-Will

Welcome to FSX. Suggest browsing this and other forums for the information you seek. I'm sure you will find good recommendations based on the type of flying you prefer.

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Well for starters, try FTX.... those guys are the creators of Orbx. They did a fantastic job with the Pacific Northwest Scenery and the Colorado Rockies. Then take a look at FSdreamteam, Flightbeam Studios, Drzewiecki Design, and Aerosoft for the airports and surrounding cities.

.....and be prepared to fill your harddrive.

Rodney E. Jacobs

Strange... Noone yet mentioned FlyTampa. They've done some great sceneries (St.Marteen and Kai Tak are my favorites).

Thanks guys. Is Ultimate Terrain and GEX worth getting?

Not essential at all if you only fly in areas where there is good quality scenery. For e.g. - I have Orbx - OZ, NA and NZ. Avsim members have posted before that UTX and GEX would not add anything where you have Orbx installed.