Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

Are Altitudes sometimes wrong in the SIDS

Nice to know, thanks. Never tried it before, I just got used to specific speeds only as format definition allows.

I often get the message "UNABLE 220KTS AT ABCDE", for example, at least flying in Europe. That usually happens when there's a restriction like "220/ABCDE" when the SID says "max. IAS 220". Changing the restriction to "220B/ABCDE" does the trick (of course, it's PMDG after all ;-) )

On the legs page it should show 2500 A and not 4000 ft if what the chart is telling you. If the numbers are in capital then the route has either been modified by the FMC or by yourself. If it shows 4000 in non captials then there are no altitude restrictions and the aircraft is climbing according to your econ performance climb settings.

As already mentioned you can modify this according to what the plate is asking you to do, so just line select /2500A on the right side of the leg in question. The legs are modifiable and you can easily create a SID by hand from what the chart is telling you.

Thanks some, interesting learns there.

In real life you ALWAYS check the FMC procedure against the chart - the chart has supremacy and you want to make sure what's in the FMC matches it. (I mention this in both tutorial flights).

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

In real life you ALWAYS check the FMC procedure against the chart - the chart has supremacy and you want to make sure what's in the FMC matches it. (I mention this in both tutorial flights).

Affirm on that one. ;-)

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

Dear Julian,

This is perfectly normal, PMDG has simulated the FMC functionality correctly as in the real Boeing 737 NG. The FMC doesn't have all altitudes correct on SIDS and STARS set correctly in the legs page and you have to set the altitude and speed constraints specified on the charts.