Sign in to follow this  
onlinegamesz

Fatal error. sigh...

Hello,

I have a new computer with Windows 7 32bit, first i had Vista 32bit and everything worked fine. Now if im going to fly after 10-15min my game is freezing and i get a fatal error, i tried already to run as admin and compatibility mode ( Windows XP SP 2 or SP3) and it is still not working. Can someone please help me i want to fly :(

Greets,

Chris

I'll move this to a better forum for you.

<strong class='bbc'>This is an automatic message.</strong><br /><br /><br />This topic has been moved from "Help Using the AVSIM Forums" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.<br /><ul class='bbc'><br /><li>The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.<br /></li><li>The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.<br /></li><li>The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.<br /></li><li>The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.<br /></li></ul><br /><br />Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.<br /><br />Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Guest firehawk44

Now if im going to fly after 10-15min my game is freezing and i get a fatal error,

32 bit systems don't handle memory very well. You are probably running out of memory. To fix this you need to employ the /3GB switch so that FSX can 'see' more than 2GB of memory. For Windows 7, open the command prompt as an Administrator (Click on the Start Button, then All Programs>Accessories>then right click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator. At the command prompt type: bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560 (Note: There is a space after bcdedit) then click on Enter. Shutdown the command prompt and restart your computer.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Hey Jim it's your buddy Scott,everything going ok till now I can't get X going?? Work fine last nite?? Here is my event viewer see what you think...Thanks a lot...Scott :Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 8/17/2012 6:04:05 PM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: KScott-PC

Description:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: ui.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb59

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0003c963

Faulting process id: 0xc90

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd7ccc8a464d28

Faulting application path: C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ui.dll

Report Id: d71ffb4b-e8bf-11e1-95d1-f04da2dbd310

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-08-17T23:04:05.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>3559</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>KScott-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>fsx.exe</Data>

<Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>

<Data>46fadb14</Data>

<Data>ui.dll</Data>

<Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>

<Data>46fadb59</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>0003c963</Data>

<Data>c90</Data>

<Data>01cd7ccc8a464d28</Data>

<Data>C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ui.dll</Data>

<Data>d71ffb4b-e8bf-11e1-95d1-f04da2dbd310</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

Guest firehawk44

Hi Scott!

Sorry to hear you're having more problems. According to my investigation, this problem with the ui.dll (believe this is the dll that handles User Inputs for FSX) could be related with you saving a default flight that contains a flight plan. Try going into your FSX.cfg and removing the default flight (Situation=XX). Do you have FSCoPilot/FSInn installed? If that doesn't work, try renaming or deleting your FSX.cfg and restart FSX and let the config rebuild.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Hello Everyone, Hello Jim,

I am completely in misery.

Sdenton, i have the same matter "Ui.dll" crash when FSX start.

It happened suddenly this crash.

Jim, I changed the line in Status Situation= in FSX.CFG. ... Done.

I rebuild one FSX.CFG brand new ... Done also.

And I have No FSCoPilot/FSInn installed ...

I'm completely spoiled now very strong.

I continue to find the solution Jim, but I can not find a time I write these lines.

It becomes "stressful"

Glad to write here and hope to read you soon.

Best Regards,

--

Pierre-Jean -Done .

Guest firehawk44

Glad to write here and hope to read you soon.

Okay Jean Pierre! Sorry none of the 'fixes' worked. I have no more recommendations for fixing this problem. If you have more questions, please use your other post so we won't have two posts running at the same time.

Bon Jean-Pierre! Désolé aucun des «solutions» a fonctionné. Je n'ai plus de recommandations pour la résolution de ce problème. Si vous avez des questions, s'il vous plaît utilisez votre autre poste afin que nous n'aurons pas deux messages en cours d'exécution en même temps.

Best regards,

Jim

Ok Jim ! glad to read you fine.

I just say : my first name is Pierre-Jean :lol: :lol:

Je continue donc le fil dans l'autre post du forum pour ne pas perturber ici.

So I continue the thread in the other forum post not to disturb here.

Je ferme donc le fil ici.

Friendly,

--

Pierre-Jean

Guest firehawk44

just say : my first name is Pierre-Jean

Apologize for that Pierre-Jean!

Best regards,

Jim