Sign in to follow this  
lateagain

"...well let's just take a look...."

Canadian Bush pilots say "there's only three things that kill a pilot. 1st is the weather. 2nd is the weather. 3rd is the weather"#

But what real pilot hasn't just once played down the forcast and said "Well lets just take a look? It might be clearing by now?"

This doesn't look so bad?

Hmm looking pretty grotty ahead.

Did you see lightning?

Wow that's a pretty active storm front.....

Think we'll turn back

Woah where did that front spring from?

Guess I just wasted fuel and engine hours...

Well Stratford was there yesterday ......and it'll be there tomorrow too.

Better to be down wishing I was up there rather than up there wishing I was down!

Geoff Brown

Lovely cockpit textures. :lol: :Just Kidding:

Great shots by the way!

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Lovely cockpit textures. :lol: :Just Kidding:

Great shots by the way!

The model might not be to the standards of the best current FSX payware but as you'll see the cockpit in these simple vintage aircraft was for real pilots <_< http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffsphotos/3528621827/. The only "glass" being in the dial fronts and the "GPS" being a printed paper folded variety!

The instruments all work well and the flight model is excellent, as is the throaty growl of the engine.

More images and download here http://simviation.com/1/browse-Props-62-53 or at Classic Wings site.

BTW thanks to researching that I just found an FSX model of the plane I first solo'd in! Off to download that one now :good:

If it's any good I'll post some more shots of that too.

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Hi Brian, Hi Jimmy,

It's the latest from ORBX. New Zealand North Island.

The field is Paraparaumu (my Brother-in-Law recently visited an old colleague from the UK there) and I planned a flight for Stratford to look over the scenery. I set the departure time about an hour before Sunset/Autumn and I think the weather is the the last of the ORBX choices ...a sort of "pot luck". I have my weather change slider set to change rapidly. Here in the UK that's what we deal with 90% of the time :lol: .

I recently purchased REX but have had so little time on the Sim that I've not yet got round to exploring it. The excellent screenshots using it on here inspire me to "get to that" ...just as soon as real life gives me more spare time :unsure: .

Being a Cessna fan (why? well why would anyone build an aircraft where the wing spoils the view?! Answers on a post card from all the manufacturers who missed that point ^_^ ) I like High Winged aircraft and having learnt to fly within the London Area regard anything above 2500' as requiring oxygen Just%20Kidding.gif . It was twenty minutes flying time from my home base at Denham before we could reach anywhere near where "leaning the mixture" was advantageous and only then on days when the cloud base allowed.

So that's why I'm an ORBX fan. If it's "Low and Slow" it can still be interesting and challenging with decent scenery.

Geoff

Geoff Brown

The model might not be to the standards of the best current FSX payware but as you'll see the cockpit in these simple vintage aircraft was for real pilots http://www.flickr.co...tos/3528621827/. The only "glass" being in the dial fronts and the "GPS" being a printed paper folded variety!

That does look very simple, yet fun to fly.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg