Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

Sierra and Eaglet, which type of autopilot?

Hi guys I'd like to purchase one of this two fabolous aircraft, but I do not know which one to choose between Sierra and Eaglet by Ant's Airplane.

I would like to know one thing: I see that both have autopilot, but are there differences between the two types of autopilot, or are identical?

Many thanks in advance,

Riccardo

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I only have the Sierra, it has the Trutrak autopilot.

Also if you have reality xp the Sierra has a panel that supports that for guiding the aircraft.

Looking at the eaglet page I can see a Trutrak in the panel so I would say they are the same:

http://www.antsairplanes.com/eaglet.html

The choice is do you like high wing or low wing? I like low wing

Thank you Dan, yes the a/p is the same. Anthony, from Ant's support, kindly told me they are the same :-)

Many thanks

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Cool, don't overlook the drifter either for hand flying low and slow. Really good visibility to watch ORBX scenery.

For a relatively simple aircraft it's very well modeled indeed.

I have both, and just really like the Eaglet a whole lot better. He nailed that one. Very good flight dynamics. Incredible VC. Perhaps I like it in part because it reminds me of the CTLS I flew a lot in RL, but it's really a very well done aircraft for FSX. I like the Sierra as well, and also the Drifter. I buy all of Anthony's aircraft just to keep him making 'em!

Thank you guy, Anthony told me that is available v1.3 for Sierra! Great news!

Riccardo

Have to concur with Griphos.

Eaglet was nailed right on. Not to mention the landing light effect of the eaglet. Absolute brilliant.

Still wish Anthony will go back and add the same landing light effect to the Siera.

- but for the price you surely need to get both.!

DanW. You got that one right regarding the Drifter. Next to the BayTower RV7, the Drifter is one of my very favorite planes. Ditto on the field of vision for Orbx scenery.