Sign in to follow this  
zmak

click click click driving me nuts

Im wearing a headset and that continuous clicking clicking sound needs to go. I dont know what the sound is so I cant disable it in sounds folder.

Can anybody help to detect this sound in sounds folder ?

ZORAN

The JS41 is probably trying to send sounds outside of FS's built in sound engine to the primary sound device. If using windows 7/Vista, ensure you have your speakers set as your default sound device, with your USB headset set as your "Default communications device" or something along those lines.In the FSX sound options, select the default/primary sound device as your sound one, and your default communications device as the voice. That way you'll get FS atc over your headset with all other sounds coming through your speaker.Let us know if it works. this should solve your probelm as it did to another user with the same problem as you have

Did a search on this took a minute to come up with this solution there are others if you do a search of it yourself

If i remember right the clicking sounds is part of some guage in the js4100 cant remember which one though

After another search found the answer

The continous clicking sound you hear is the standby altimeter vibrator. It is standard on mechanical altimeters in airliners. It's there to keep the altimeter needles from geting stuck. When we had them in our 737s it was not uncommon to see the circuit breaker for the vibrator pulled when you arrive at the plane because the previous crew pulled it to get rid of the clicking noise. Real world pilots get annoyed by it too. Fortunately we have converted all our 737s to the ISFD so it is not an issue any more.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hello Zoran,

The file you're looking for is called pmdgj41_altimeter_vibrometer and can be found in the \FSX\Sound\PMDG\J41 folder.

If you've got sound editing software do a search for it and lower the volume.

It's been quite a while but I think I had to reduce it by 30db for it not to be annoying.

Good luck and I hope this helps..

Richie

Thanks for the replies, Richard that was exactly what I was looking for, I added (.bak) to disable it for now , and you say I need sound editing software? I will have a google and see what I come up with. I can now enter the cockpit without ear plugs!

Hi Pete thanks, I have the sound configured as you say but clicking was coming through the headset. The engines etc all directed to the speakers okay.

It never occurred to me to google it , just assumed it was a rare question and this of course is why we should never assume... :-)

ZORAN

Just any software you can open up the file in and lower the volume. I've got an old copy of Adobe Audition whuch I used to use.

If you're happy with not having the sound at all then you're set.

Regards,

Richie

Yep I will run without the sound, I dont usually modify anything as I like realism as much as the next guy but this was really effecting my enjoyment of the js41

ZORAN

The clicking sound should stop after you apply the gpu i think

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just to add to my earlier post just loaded the js4100 and i was wrong, the clicking sound doesnt go away when you apply the gpu, didnt take much notice of the clicking sound as it didnt bother me. When you start the engines than you cant hear the clicking sounds. Maybe pmdg can incorporate a cct breaker for the clicking sound in the next patch :)

Peter kelberg

I was going to reply that it doesn't but was a tad unsure. Sorry to point it out,now you know its there it WILL bug you to lol

A patch would be a good move

ZORAN

and you say I need sound editing software? I will have a google and see what I come up with. I can now enter the cockpit without ear plugs!

Wavepad is free, powerful and easy to use.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg