Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Very accurate sideslip behavior in the AS-K21 now...

On modern plastic gliders we usually pull on the stick, in order not to gain speed during the descent, something that took me some time to understand (mechanically/mathematically) as not entitling me to get into a spin.....

Doubt I could get used to that! I'm glad to hear the flight model is doing what it should for you. I've yet to purchase XP10, as I just can't spare the cash or time at this juncture. Money%20Eyes.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Ok, Zach, thanks. I was curious if it was a real life physics thing that there was something I wasn't seeing that a sideslip and forward slip were in fact different or if it's just how simulators behave. Control surface-wise they are the same but their end-effects are quite different so I could see either case being true.

The Scout loses ASI during a forward slip, too, but I couldn't tell if this was just due to attitude change or modeling the change of pressure.

@Jcomm That doesn't surprise me with the DiscusX. I haven't been impressed with the Aerosoft plane I've tried.

BTW, thanks for a fun discussion both of you. Great for learning and getting me more excited about starting my training!

Doubt I could get used to that! I'm glad to hear the flight model is doing what it should for you. I've yet to purchase XP10, as I just can't spare the cash or time at this juncture.

I can perfectly understand...

It took me months to finally decide to buy x-plane10, with the great MS FLIGHT experience in between (the one that ended up bringing me back to the simulators hobby, and even get a joystick back, and planing to get back something in the line of my CH RCS I gave away in 2007...). I tested the demo to make sure it would run in my i5-2500, and it does, a lot smoother than FSX Gold (where I ended up spending an additional €29 :-( trying to get back to the MSFS World and re-use my previous investment in the ReaIair sf-260, leveld767, flight1 pc-12 and atr-72, and aerosoft discusX + CumulusX!)

Unfortunately I couldn't make it run properly on my system, and, I missed the weather effects in FLIGHT, the fluidity, etc... X-plane10 is providing me all of it, and when I think I was about to buy a lot of enhancements for FSX that would have cost a little fortune, and I have most of it by default in Xplane10, and with little work and using OSM2XP can get it even better, then the €69 were not a bad investment :-)

It's a small and dedicated team behind x-plane, and I also decided to support them (well, in my way, not really a great support...) - after all during all this years I have exchanged many email messages with Austin, asking for this or that for version9 and before that version8, and I always get an answer directly from him ASAP, sometimes explaining the how's and why's of this and that.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks for your reply JComm. Interested in your views on all things gliding and how x-plane stacks up, aircraft and enviroment.

TIM