Sign in to follow this  

Fair enough :drinks:

I agree that Word Not Allowed's guide is excellent, and well worth following.

I guess I have just read too many posts that blame FSX when the actual

problems are elsewhere..

Bert

Thank you very much for all your advices!

At the moment, FSX is running perfectly fine at 30fps at most of the airports (100% Traffic, REX, GEX, UTX and so on..). Only on big airports I get "only" about 24 to 27fps. I'm pretty happy now :)

As I'm not already really familiar with FSX (been using FS9 for 8 years) I have another question about the graphics:

When approaching a detailed add-on airport (such as Bari), my screen rarely gets black for about 1 frame (1/30 second). Possibly it's just when the graphics get loaded, but back in FS9 I noticed this as a fex tiles that were reloading and not the whole screen. It's not really annoying, I am just wondering if this is a normal FSX behaviour.

I checked the temperature of my GTX680 which is always around 65°C. Maybe it could also be the driver.

Best regards

Note, that if you want to squeeze out a bit more of it, in the autogen folder is a spb file like autogendescriptions_min.spb.

Backup the autogendescriptions.spb and rename the _min to the normal autogendescriptions.spb.

You will have still have the same ammount of autogen, but a little less variation. I didnt see it, but its better to draw some objects more than a lot of object just some times..

The LOD means bigger radius to display, so more cpu power.. may induce blurries.. but looks better.

Ok I would like to try to OC the CPU to about 4.4. GHz, stepwise of course. Is there a easy step by step guidance for a newbie like me. I've never done something like this.

CPU is the i7 3770k.

Note, that if you want to squeeze out a bit more of it, in the autogen folder is a spb file like autogendescriptions_min.spb.

Backup the autogendescriptions.spb and rename the _min to the normal autogendescriptions.spb.

You will have still have the same ammount of autogen, but a little less variation. I didnt see it, but its better to draw some objects more than a lot of object just some times..

Johan, very interesting. Did you notice any increase in FPS or smoothness etc? Somehow I've missed this topic. Please post a link to the discussion if it's something recent.

Thanks,

Dirk.

When approaching a detailed add-on airport (such as Bari), my screen rarely gets black for about 1 frame (1/30 second). Possibly it's just when the graphics get loaded, but back in FS9 I noticed this as a fex tiles that were reloading and not the whole screen. It's not really annoying, I am just wondering if this is a normal FSX behaviour.

Make sure then to try out dxtfixer here:

http://forum.avsim.n...tfixer-utility/

You may very well get rid of your reloading screens approaching some sceneries. DxtfixerX helped me both with FSP and smoothness (and I thought there was no life err tweaks after Word Not Allowed's guide).

Cheers,

Dirk.

Dirk, well actually I dont know for sure yet, but it must help, since it draws less DIFFERENT objects.

Just try, costs nothing.