Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

....as you expected it to whilst using MCE, then please use this thread to let us know.

These will be passed on to the FS++ team for investigation and fixing.

'We need more people to report these kind of things, because right now there are so many aircraft we support that honestly we don't have the man power to test every single button under every single aircraft every time some change is introduced.

Users who fly a lot, are more likely to spot these.'

Any questions then please let me know.

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

When I've deboarded my passengers with GSX, the ground coordinator guy speaks about 'boarded passengers' and says good-bye. Now when I then ask for fuel, he rejects me because I 'already have passengers on board'.

debxb.jpg

GSX shows that the deboarding is finished and has no problem with my fuel wish though.

FS++ Team currently looking into this issue...standy :P

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

On the operation with AES (not ASE, speaking about the ground service from Aerosoft). Has anyone tried the pushback so far? All I receive is the AES menu or the activation of the deboarding after 'mechanic start pushback'. :huh: For the actual pushback, I have to operate the menu myself.

I've tried it at WSSS and with some MCE restarts, but I never really succeeded. :mellow: Any tips?

If you want to try, AES runs for free at certain airports.

Is Singa supported by AES??? I thought it was Aerosoft airports only??

When I've deboarded my passengers with GSX, the ground coordinator guy speaks about 'boarded passengers' and says good-bye. Now when I then ask for fuel, he rejects me because I 'already have passengers on board'.

debxb.jpg

GSX shows that the deboarding is finished and has no problem with my fuel wish though.

In fact I had a similar issue on a flight last night. Simon 'deboarded PAX OK. Then when I asked for Fuel truck, he said 'no can do, with passengers still on board'! B)

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Is Singa supported by AES??? I thought it was Aerosoft airports only??

With AES, the installed credits are the limiting factor. To be honest, that's why I prefer GSX since this is a one time payment. -_- On the WSSS case, that's from Imagine Sim and cost me 5 AES credits. I mean it works good, but it gets very expensive for just receiving some addon for the addon, so to speak.

But for testing and fun, there are some free ones where you don't need a single credit to run AES. Here's the list plus credit cost. http://www.aerosoft....esairports.html Note the ones with 0 credits needed.

Simon 'deboarded PAX OK. Then when I asked for Fuel truck, he said 'no can do, with passengers still on board'! B)

Yes, that's exactly my point. Edited. Not an urgent issue, just a thing to note.

FS++ Team are currently still looking into this.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I am really only using the Cessna 172sp at the moment, so I don't know if it's related to all aircraft, but I thought I would mention this one very small point-

If Travis is acting as co-pilot (yes I usually fly solo, but sometimes he comes along for the ride!), he very often says my name twice.

For example, 'you want me to start the engine? ok relax cap captain'.

Not sure if you're aware of this, it really is very minor but maybe a simple adjustment is possible?

I am really only using the Cessna 172sp at the moment, so I don't know if it's related to all aircraft, but I thought I would mention this one very small point-

If Travis is acting as co-pilot (yes I usually fly solo, but sometimes he comes along for the ride!), he very often says my name twice.

For example, 'you want me to start the engine? ok relax cap captain'.

Not sure if you're aware of this, it really is very minor but maybe a simple adjustment is possible?

'Users who don't want a Co-pilot are expected to disable features "Real crew coordination", "Interactive checklist" as well as "Callouts and monitoring".

In fact in the early days we wouldn't even allow these when a single engine aircraft is detected.

We later bowed to users demands.

If someone is allergic to FO, a silver bullet is to add "DickIsHere=1" to the [OPTIONS] section in mce.ini (anywhere within that section)

The option was inspired by "DickB". For those who share his passion for kicking-out first officers, make sure you say thank you. :-))

When the option is there, you can be sure the FO will run away. No reply, no nagging, no nothing :-))

The FS++ team

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Good afternoon, everyone - the Ol' Blackbird has just landed (for only a moment....)

Alpha 117, first of all, thanks for all you do to help everyone enjoy this great FSX Add-on. It is truly a wonder, and has changed FSX for me in a very positive way (thanks Folks at MCE!!)

Anyway - a point of clarification, if I may......... I don't mean to step on any toes here - just want to make sure everyone understands. When one adds "DickIsHere=1" to the [OPTIONS] section in mce.ini, this action does NOT get rid of Trav - it just silences his voice. "He" is still fully functional. This is what I do, and (for me) it makes the flight more "pleasant". (ie. - I already have RC4 and all of its "chattering" going on, as well as FS Cabin Crew, as well as radio chatter that I have recorded off of Live ATC - I run that kind of in the background, softly..... so the flight deck is very "alive", thank you very much. I just want Trav to do what I say, not tell me that he's doing it. I know, it's just me......a curmudgeonly old man. Ha haa!!

Don't get me wrong - FS++ did an AMAZING job with Trav's voice.......and I can't wait to see (read hear) what the upcoming new voices sound like.

Ok - enough of my "rambling on and on" and Zzzzzzzzz..........

Have a great day everyone!

All best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

Hi Ray,

Great to see you here again and thanks for that extra insight into "DickIsHere=1"

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

'Users who don't want a Co-pilot are expected to disable features "Real crew coordination", "Interactive checklist" as well as "Callouts and monitoring".

In fact in the early days we wouldn't even allow these when a single engine aircraft is detected.

We later bowed to users demands.

If someone is allergic to FO, a silver bullet is to add "DickIsHere=1" to the [OPTIONS] section in mce.ini (anywhere within that section)

The option was inspired by "DickB". For those who share his passion for kicking-out first officers, make sure you say thank you. :-))

When the option is there, you can be sure the FO will run away. No reply, no nagging, no nothing :-))

The FS++ team

Thanks for the reply, but I DO want Travis along for the ride. All I was reporting was the fact that he often says my name twice in succession at the end of a sentence (Cap Captain), and wondered if you were aware of this.

As initially stated it is an extremely minor point in a brilliant program, but the thread did ask for things we had found.

Thanks again :)

Thanks for the reply, but I DO want Travis along for the ride. All I was reporting was the fact that he often says my name twice in succession at the end of a sentence (Cap Captain), and wondered if you were aware of this.

As initially stated it is an extremely minor point in a brilliant program, but the thread did ask for things we had found.

Thanks again :)

No problem, it was just that this 'extreme fix' just in case you don't want any interaction with Travis.

To be honest the only option I turn of when in a GA aircraft is 'callouts and monitoring' and then Travis can enjoy the ride, but has to do some work when I want him to. Like set heading, altitude and tune radios. He's quiet happy with that.

Still looking into the 'cap; cap' issue so hang in there.

Yep, this thread is for ANY issue no matter how big or small.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hello All

Being a paid up user now of MCE i'm in early stages of testing things whilst using and i am still getting the issue of F/O not telling me his name when asked and giving me the 'My name is i'm pleased to be flying with you today' sort of answer. Think i read that it should have been solved in later updates. I'm running 2.4.9.4.

Thanks.

Kind Regards

Simon.