Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

Loaded PMDG NGX then RC, then MCE. Everything working fine for 5 or 6 minutes then I get a message that "MCE has encountered a problem and is shutting down". No further explanation. Happens repeatedly but so far only with NGX. Any similar difficulties?

Thanks,

Eric

Can you check if the Windows event log has logged something on the case? A faulty module or so? Another one would be the MCE log, but I'm no pro on that one.

Loaded PMDG NGX then RC, then MCE. Everything working fine for 5 or 6 minutes then I get a message that "MCE has encountered a problem and is shutting down". No further explanation. Happens repeatedly but so far only with NGX. Any similar difficulties?

Thanks,

Eric

Please confirm the following…

MCE version used. Latest is V2.4.9.4

Which MCE features are enabled?

Confirm FsInsider.dll version in \FSX\ folder or \FS9\Modules\ folder

Exact Windows edition used (also state if it’s 32 or 64 Bit)

Is it English Windows edition?

Are you using Vistalizator?

Is Windows 7 or Vista Disabled or not?

Are you using a USB headset or a conventional one?

Did you update the sound drivers recently?

Are you using a custom checklist?

Are you running RC4 on a networked machine? In this case you must make sure RC4 is running (Start RC4 button pressed), aircraft ready to fly before you fire up MCE.

Thanks

Hi

Just one thing on checklists. If I try to cancel a checklist when the checklist is paused, it doesn't cancel it.

It looks like it cancel, then it won't let me start the next checklist.

I can get around it by "resume checklist" first, just a small thing but thought I'd let you know.

Multi Crew/MCE conflict

Most current version

All enabled

Insiderdll OK

Windows 7 64 bit

English

Vistalizator? Never heard of it.

USB

Sound Drivers up to date-no recent changes

No custom checklist

Networked - No Ready to go before MCE

Just flew VNY 9 departure from KBUR, everything fine until 12 min. into flight when computer froze. Same flight with Citation-no problem...Same flight with just RC4...no problem. Common variable MCE.

Eric

Multi Crew/MCE conflict

Most current version

All enabled

Insiderdll OK

Windows 7 64 bit

English

Vistalizator? Never heard of it.

USB

Sound Drivers up to date-no recent changes

No custom checklist

Networked - No Ready to go before MCE

Just flew VNY 9 departure from KBUR, everything fine until 12 min. into flight when computer froze. Same flight with Citation-no problem...Same flight with just RC4...no problem. Common variable MCE.

Eric

Hi Eric,

MCE itself runs outside the simulator process. It can go down, but is very unlikely to take the simulator down with it.

Because we consider the integrity of the flight as more important than running voice control, we didn’t want to run the speech engine inside “fsInsider.dll” which runs inside the simulator.

Even a buggy FSX or any add-on dll can only trigger a CTD under XP or above.

The computer freezing, points to some hardware issue. Either the graphics card or the processor is overheating.

It explains why it only happens after a specific amount of time.

The NGX is the one likely to push your hardware to the max.

Are you over clocking your system?

What’s your CPU?

Have you contacted support about the issue?

Thanks

Re-flew KBUR.KLAS with full Instument departure and approach with no difficulties. Raised card temp about 6 degrees Cel. when aircraft systems pushed hard but no issues otherwise. I don't know about you but I'm at a loss. If anything else develops I will be back in touch.

Eric

The answer to 'what's our GW?' only comes in lbs. Asking for the fuel offers metric and imperial values.

When I've deboarded my passengers with GSX, the ground coordinator guy speaks about 'boarded passengers' and says good-bye. Now when I then ask for fuel, he rejects me because I 'already have passengers on board'.

debxb.jpg

GSX shows that the deboarding is finished and has no problem with my fuel wish though.

To continue the above quoted issue and hopefully get an updated response, as a newly registered MCE user, I am now new to the GSX trial program and have noticed a few apparent problems marked in bold italics, some of which have been noted before:

First, tested GSX without MCE, using default 738 at gate. Results as follows:

Opened by Ctrl + F12, then clicking onscreen GSX menu. All five menu items working well, some minor difficulty getting Shift + E then 2 and Shift + E then 3 to work doors properly. Results: overall no problems. Also, noticed that all five listed items can be sequentially selected and they will be "queued" to continue auto one after the other, but I have to operate the doors.

Next, modified MCE.ini file as suggested: GroundServicesMode=GSX and PushWithGSXandAES=1 as noted elsewhere in this forum.

Tested GSX with MCE, using default 738. Results as follows:

Could not start/open GSX by voice. Forced to use Ctrl + F20 after which Simon introduced himself. Operated jetway by manual Ctrl + J.

1. Requested Deboarding and this worked well. Doors auto by cabin crew and ground crew. Simon said good-by. Why?

2. Requested Refueling. Reply: No refueling after passengers boarded: but no passengers had boarded yet. Obvious error. Forced to use GSX menu: Refueling completed, worked fine, no problem.

3. Requested Catering in many variations. Reply: No reply at all at all, just silence. Broken command? Forced to use GSX menu: Catering completed, worked fine, no problem. Doors auto by cabin crew.

4. Requested Cabin Cleaning. Reply: Not available here. Perhaps, in the future? Found this in the MCE/GSX command guide document.

5. Requested Boarding. Reply by FO: Passengers already on board: but no passengers had boarded. Obvious errors. Forced to use GSX menu: Boarding completed, worked fine, no problem. Boarding Door auto close failed, had to request cabin crew close boarding door. Obvious error. Operated jetway by manual Ctrl + J.

6. Contacted ground crew first, then asked if ready for pushback, and was transferred to GSX crew: very nicely done. Pushback, start engines, disconnect by GSX, and release of MCE ground crew worked fine and is a really excellent integration. Gives a great impression that my airline ground crew Chief Mech is supervising the airport's local ground crew. Well done!

NOTE: It would be a true stroke of genius to queue these items via MCE and have them follow on each other on auto with the crew operating the doors as now done.

:rolleyes: Hopefully, some/all of this can be resolved/improved for including in the coming update. Thanks for all your great efforts and excellent work!

To continue the above quoted issue and hopefully get an updated response, as a newly registered MCE user, I am now new to the GSX trial program and have noticed a few apparent problems marked in bold italics, some of which have been noted before:

First, tested GSX without MCE, using default 738 at gate. Results as follows:

Opened by Ctrl + F12, then clicking onscreen GSX menu. All five menu items working well, some minor difficulty getting Shift + E then 2 and Shift + E then 3 to work doors properly. Results: overall no problems. Also, noticed that all five listed items can be sequentially selected and they will be "queued" to continue auto one after the other, but I have to operate the doors.

Next, modified MCE.ini file as suggested: GroundServicesMode=GSX and PushWithGSXandAES=1 as noted elsewhere in this forum.

Tested GSX with MCE, using default 738. Results as follows:

Could not start/open GSX by voice. Forced to use Ctrl + F20 after which Simon introduced himself. Operated jetway by manual Ctrl + J.

1. Requested Deboarding and this worked well. Doors auto by cabin crew and ground crew. Simon said good-by. Why?

2. Requested Refueling. Reply: No refueling after passengers boarded: but no passengers had boarded yet. Obvious error. Forced to use GSX menu: Refueling completed, worked fine, no problem.

3. Requested Catering in many variations. Reply: No reply at all at all, just silence. Broken command? Forced to use GSX menu: Catering completed, worked fine, no problem. Doors auto by cabin crew.

4. Requested Cabin Cleaning. Reply: Not available here. Perhaps, in the future? Found this in the MCE/GSX command guide document.

5. Requested Boarding. Reply by FO: Passengers already on board: but no passengers had boarded. Obvious errors. Forced to use GSX menu: Boarding completed, worked fine, no problem. Boarding Door auto close failed, had to request cabin crew close boarding door. Obvious error. Operated jetway by manual Ctrl + J.

6. Contacted ground crew first, then asked if ready for pushback, and was transferred to GSX crew: very nicely done. Pushback, start engines, disconnect by GSX, and release of MCE ground crew worked fine and is a really excellent integration. Gives a great impression that my airline ground crew Chief Mech is supervising the airport's local ground crew. Well done!

NOTE: It would be a true stroke of genius to queue these items via MCE and have them follow on each other on auto with the crew operating the doors as now done.

:rolleyes: Hopefully, some/all of this can be resolved/improved for including in the coming update. Thanks for all your great efforts and excellent work!

Thanks for feedback.

These issues have already been fixed and you will see the result in the next update.

The jetway operation isn't implemented. Usually people create their own voice command in VoxKey which will trigger the key combo (CTRL + J).

Can add it of course if most users want that.

Further to the above, I conducted another test, skipping the deboarding menu item #1.

Voila! Thereafter, everything else worked perfectly by voice through Simon, including catering, refueling, boarding, and with auto door operation throughout. It seems that there is an overlap or shared files problem regarding deboarding and boarding. In fact, it appears that the program is considering them both to be "boarding" which explains the odd good-bye from Simon after deboarding.

Can we please get this fixed in the upcoming update? :rolleyes:

By the way...when I ask for Roberto or Marko, Simon always answers instead. Will this be fixed/expanded later?

NOTE: We crossed messages here. Thanks for the quick attention and speedy fix!

P. S. - I do think it would be immersive to ask the ground crew to attach or detach the jetway. ^_^

In fact, it appears that the program is considering them both to be "boarding"

Spot on. That was in fact the bug.

Because there is no SDK, MCE listens to GSX messages showing in Green bar.

GSX says open door X, MCE will do it

GSX says close door Y, MCE will do it

GSX says "Boarding requested", MCE knows about it.

Unfortunately while parsing the GSX text for the keyword "boarding", we forgot that the same string is part of the word "Deboarding", hence the confusion.

Also, fsInsider.dll will keep track of what services have been requested, and which are complete. Therefore if you already performed that, Simon (or Roberto) will deny it.

Will need to double-check, I believe if you don't call the ramp agent with his correct name, he will politely remind you "I am XXX", or "My name is YYY".

Ramp agent selected based on ICAO departure airport name. Hopefully will have many more agents with local accents wherever you happen to be.

Ramp agent selected based on ICAO departure airport name. Hopefully will have many more agents with local accents wherever you happen to be.

Fantastic...this just gets better and better! Thanks for your clarification reply and for the super support service!

Absolutely, well done!