Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

So I installed the old version again. But even now it seems to be much more unstable than before and I can no longer talk to ATC.

This alone suggests the issue isn't with the latest update.

In fact we urge everyone to move to version 2.5.5.1

What you need to know is that MCE runs the speech engine inside mce.exe process.

Therefore, even a super stable MCE source code could be brought down by a temporary malfunction of the audio system. Example, instant disruption of the USB headset connection. MCE would loose all references to that device, and behaviour is unpredictable.

If using a USB headset, suggest you unplug it, restart your machine, then re-plug to another USB port straight to ther back of the PC and not a USB hub or the front USB connectors. I also assume the headset connection is reliable.

Regarding the NGX...

Should work with all variants. Only requirements as per PMDG guidance, always start with the Trike before loading any PMDG aircraft and make sure you installed SP1c for the 800-900 variants followed by SP1C for the 600-700

Although MCE FO is designed to switch over when you switch aircraft in the sim (you can check that by switching from one default aircraft to another), in practice moving from one complex aircraft to another usually doesn't go well without restarting FSX (and MCE).

There is no need to re-install the sim.

Just install version 2.5.5.1

Follow that with a restore to factory settings

Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings

This alone suggests the issue isn't with the latest update.

In fact we urge everyone to move to version 2.5.5.1

What you need to know is that MCE runs the speech engine inside mce.exe process.

Therefore, even a super stable MCE source code could be brought down by a temporary malfunction of the audio system. Example, instant disruption of the USB headset connection. MCE would loose all references to that device, and behaviour is unpredictable.

If using a USB headset, suggest you unplug it, restart your machine, then re-plug to another USB port straight to ther back of the PC and not a USB hub or the front USB connectors. I also assume the headset connection is reliable.

Regarding the NGX...

Should work with all variants. Only requirements as per PMDG guidance, always start with the Trike before loading any PMDG aircraft and make sure you installed SP1c for the 800-900 variants followed by SP1C for the 600-700

Although MCE FO is designed to switch over when you switch aircraft in the sim (you can check that by switching from one default aircraft to another), in practice moving from one complex aircraft to another usually doesn't go well without restarting FSX (and MCE).

There is no need to re-install the sim.

Just install version 2.5.5.1

Follow that with a restore to factory settings

Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings

Hi, FS++.

Thanks for a very quick reply!  ^_^

Well all the things you mentioned seems to be things I've already tried or things I always do. But you never know when it comes to this complex FSX with all its addons. Seems like things sometimes just shut down for no reason at all.

Anyway, I will do as you recommend and install the new version again and see if it works better this time.

Regards, Ompakar

Hi, FS++.

Thanks for a very quick reply!  ^_^

Well all the things you mentioned seems to be things I've already tried or things I always do. But you never know when it comes to this complex FSX with all its addons. Seems like things sometimes just shut down for no reason at all.

Anyway, I will do as you recommend and install the new version again and see if it works better this time.

Regards, Ompakar

You're welcome

Forgot to mention.

One major thing that changed about 2 months ago.

We no longer prompt users to disable Windows UAC.

As a result of this, users must absolutely make sure FSX, P3D or FS9 are run as administrator. Otherwise, with UAC enabled, Windows won't let MCE communicate with the sim properly.

But your issue seems to be related to your audio devices. Sometimes just unplugging a replugging a USB audio device will get it sorted.

I think the Majestic Q400 doesn't allow for Travis to set standard baro. He reports it's already set while it isn't. Other than that, thanks for supporting that plane. Works great and helps a lot. :smile:

Small item. Perhaps it would help when commanding altitude changes ('set FL90' and so on) can be performed with always pressing ALT SEL at the end. That's a rw requirement in that plane. The background. It avoids descending through the warning alt because the AP, unlike on a Boeing, doesn't stop at the commanded altitude without anyone pressing ALT SEL. It just beeps and flies you into the ground at a certain VS. Yikes.

To add, one can press ATL SEL every time, it doesn't cancel other modes so that script to always use it after a new altitude was commanded should be safe.

And would there be a way to toggle both engine bleeds? I can only make that command work separately, so engine one bleed on/off and then engine two. A 'both' command doesn't work for me.

And.. can we add a general command (not just on the Q400) like continue or landing where the FO just confirms that the Captain indeed plans to land. That callout might happen at the approach minimums and would nicely reflect the last check before deciding to land and then announcing the decision.

And would there be a way to toggle both engine bleeds? I can only make that command work separately, so engine one bleed on/off and then engine two. A 'both' command doesn't work for me.

Try using the word "all".

Two relevant examples that work for me (1st for the NGX, 2nd for the simcheck A300):

"All fuel pumps on."

"Deactivate all packs."

• Upvote 1

Just to report back, the 'all' command unfortunately didn't work. Still having to command each fuel pump and bleed valve separately.

But I did find that one can say 'land' to make use of this planning.

And.. can we add a general command (not just on the Q400) like continue or landing where the FO just confirms that the Captain indeed plans to land.

Still, if 'continue' and 'landing' could be added, we would be set.

Adding a flaw on the Q400. Travis can turn the yaw damper on, but not off. Also, the NAV mode doesn't engage. He confirms it but it doesn't come alive like e.g. the HDG mode would.

Small item. Perhaps it would help when commanding altitude changes ('set FL90' and so on) can be performed with always pressing ALT SEL at the end

OK, will add it next week.

Will check the Baro issue too.

• Upvote 1

Adding another Q400 item. The beacon and strobe light sw is special. Three positions.

up - beacon

off

down - strobe and beacon

When I command beacon on or strobe light on, Travis does fine. He puts the switch either up or down. But if you turn in from the runway and command 'strobe lights off', he sets the switch in the middle position, so the beacons are off too. Would be better if strobe lights off always leads to the 'beacon on' position (up) since most folks will still have their engines running.

Later, when turning them off, beacon off leads to the middle position, which is ok. So it's just that strobe lights off command which might need a tweak.

Q400 (you knew that, didn't you?). I can't cancel the master WARNING. He always understands master caution, which by the way works fine. And I think the mechanic can't really get a grip on the cargo doors. They don't move when he says they should.

I have to correct myself on something. I wrote.

Small item. Perhaps it would help when commanding altitude changes ('set FL90' and so on) can be performed with always pressing ALT SEL at the end. That's a rw requirement in that plane. The background. It avoids descending through the warning alt because the AP, unlike on a Boeing, doesn't stop at the commanded altitude without anyone pressing ALT SEL. It just beeps and flies you into the ground at a certain VS. Yikes.

To add, one can press ATL SEL every time, it doesn't cancel other modes so that script to always use it after a new altitude was commanded should be safe.

I've just found out that, if you would fly an ILS or VNAV approach and commanded to set the go-around altitude, the ALT SEL press mixes up the vertical guidance. So I have to revert back on my suggestion to automatically add the ALT SEL keypress. :blush:

Shame on me I guess. While it would prove useful (and FCOM conformal) for all other flight phases, that approach is vital and might send people away from the runway.

The rw doc states.

If for some reason ALT SEL still is presented on PFD, this must be disengaged before capture of VNAV Glideslope because it has priority over VNAV.

Hmpf. Apologies.

I have to correct myself on something. I wrote.

I've just found out that, if you would fly an ILS or VNAV approach and commanded to set the go-around altitude, the ALT SEL press mixes up the vertical guidance. So I have to revert back on my suggestion to automatically add the ALT SEL keypress. :blush:

Shame on me I guess. While it would prove useful (and FCOM conformal) for all other flight phases, that approach is vital and might send people away from the runway.

The rw doc states.

Hmpf. Apologies.

Oops...

Too late.

Update just been released and it has the feature to auto-select "altitude select" evey time FO dials altitude.

Q400 now fully working under GSX & AES. I mean flight attendants know their way to the doors. And ground mechanic can handle the cargo door as expected.

If you add option "NoScan=1" to the [OPTIONS] section in "mce.ini", MCE won't scan for aircraft.cfg files.

• Upvote 1

Can you give us a list of fixes for the latest update?

Sure...

In addition to what was mentioned above regarding Majestic Q400.

- Fixed some glitches with 3 man crew aircraft checklist handling (A300 B4).

- Improved Aerosoft A320/A321 interfacing slightly

- Reduced FO chatter slightly. He won't mind if you request his attention with the wrong name.

- Improved ATC PTT handling

- Improved QW 146 MCP altitude dialling

- Added ramp agent "Jim" for US airports

• Upvote 1