Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

Oops...

Too late.

No worries, fully my fault.  :blush:  I think it may not even impact that many folks since, most of the time, the key press is very much needed and FCOM-like except for one phase. And if one had set ALT SEL too much, there would always be a manual disable feature.

Well, if complains would arise, you know what to change. :mellow:

If you add option "NoScan=1" to the [OPTIONS] section in "mce.ini", MCE won't scan for aircraft.cfg files.

Woohoo. Lets see how that goes. Big thanks for adding it though. Means that no aircraft.cfg at all will get scanned or just none outside of the standard Simobjects folder? Well, I may test it soon, the change log looks neat.

Means that no aircraft.cfg at all will get scanned

Affirmative, no scan at all.

This will work with the assumption a "cfgPaths.dat" file has already been generated earlier

The simulator folder has not been moved since

No new aircraft has been installed since the file was last generated.

If MCE complains about not being able to detect a particular aircraft, first thing to do is re-enable the scan on next run.

Just a minor report about Jim, not sure if it is possible to correct it without some re-recording.

When Jim first introduces himself, he says ' Hi guys, I'm Jim, Jim will provide you with your gorund services'.

I assume he was supposed to say 'I will provide ...etc'.

Just a minor one, but it sounds wrong.

But as always, great job with the updates, thank you for this :)

If MCE complains about not being able to detect a particular aircraft, first thing to do is re-enable the scan on next run.

Will do. I've just got the latest version, so it'll do the initial scan and then go to off. Thanks again.

I think a good idea would be to always show the change log on the website or when announcing a new version.

Just a short feedback on the latest version (2.5.7.2). The noscan option rendered the startup super fast. B)

On the Q400, the now revised altitude selection is a treat and caused no harm on the approach. Very nice and even closer to FCOM procedures.

I have two items left to complain (duh), the first one still being the baro setting. The FO confirms the command and even asks for a cross check of the new setting but it doesn't get changed. Custom coding?

The doors now work fine, but the mechanic doesn't have full control over the GPU. I can command it to be connected and the model shows up, but it won't (electrically) connect. Seems like it's in some intermediate state as the Majestic FMC offers the 'request GPU' option whereas it would show 'cancel' if it was really there. The solution currently is to toggle the GPU only via the FMC. Means it then connects a few seconds after the external model showed up.

Nonetheless. Big applause for the efforts and swift customer to dev feedback with your soft. Pretty cool to report stuff and get it fixed or at least explained within a few days. :smile:

Just a short feedback on the latest version (2.5.7.2). The noscan option rendered the startup super fast. B)

On the Q400, the now revised altitude selection is a treat and caused no harm on the approach. Very nice and even closer to FCOM procedures.

I have two items left to complain (duh), the first one still being the baro setting. The FO confirms the command and even asks for a cross check of the new setting but it doesn't get changed. Custom coding?

The doors now work fine, but the mechanic doesn't have full control over the GPU. I can command it to be connected and the model shows up, but it won't (electrically) connect. Seems like it's in some intermediate state as the Majestic FMC offers the 'request GPU' option whereas it would show 'cancel' if it was really there. The solution currently is to toggle the GPU only via the FMC. Means it then connects a few seconds after the external model showed up.

Nonetheless. Big applause for the efforts and swift customer to dev feedback with your soft. Pretty cool to report stuff and get it fixed or at least explained within a few days. :smile:

You're welcome CoolP

And thanks for reporting these.

With 20+ complex supported aircraft, three quarters of which without SDK, it's almost impossible to perform full flights on each aircraft and discover the odd thing not working as expected, every time a few changes are made to the software.

So, keep them coming.

• Upvote 1

Good point. All those planes at one price plus the frequent updates. Much info and stuff to handle.

I have two Simcheck A300 items. The command 'engine one/two gen on' via voxscript causes the opposite and turns off the generator.  :O  If I use another wording like 'turn on generator one/two', it works correctly though. :Whew:

And 'transponder on' or 'transponder ta/ra' doesn't reach the TA/RA setting since the popup closes too soon or there's one mouse click missing. It ends up being at TA only.

On the PMDG MD11. No door control (mech and purser, cargo and passenger doors). Both confirm, but nothing happens. I've tried with 'armed' and 'disarmed' doors.

A PMDG 747 (FSX) item. 'Autobrake off' sets the knob to disarm instead of off. And the engine anti-ice commands don't affect the engine 2 and 3 switches.

And there's a very strange one. Seems like an offset develops on the altitude setting. Like I can command FL340 but Travis sets 250. Very strange, can't figure out what caused it in the first place. :wacko:

And if I just repeat the command, he goes even further down. Note. The red text always shows that the actual command, FL340, was properly understood.

Adding to the PMDG 747 items. Seems like those higher FL commands cause some offset. I came from takeoff to FL170 wihtout a hiccup (had some steps in between) but then commanding 'FL350' gave me FL440.

Autothrottle NGX: When I try to disconnect autothottle using MCE by saying "autothrottle disconnect" or "disconnect autothrottle" my copilot read back my request correctly, but does nothing with the switch (autothrottle stays armed). "autothrottle arm" works perfectly. As do most other things I have tried out in MCE.

Kai-Inge

Autothrottle NGX: When I try to disconnect autothottle using MCE by saying "autothrottle disconnect" or "disconnect autothrottle" my copilot read back my request correctly, but does nothing with the switch (autothrottle stays armed). "autothrottle arm" works perfectly. As do most other things I have tried out in MCE.

Kai-Inge

I havent flown the NGX for nearly a year, but have you tried autothrottle off?

Sent from my Mobile thing

Yes I have. I have tried all expressions that I could think of. I have done "extensive" voice training on the  "autothrottle disconnect" as I thought that MCE didnt understand my english.

Embarrased to say: I just now came to think of the possibilty that my co-pilot actually is asking for confirmation of my request in a way that I dont get. I will have to try "Yes please" as a follow-up next time I am flying.

Yes I have. I have tried all expressions that I could think of. I have done "extensive" voice training on the  "autothrottle disconnect" as I thought that MCE didnt understand my english.

Embarrased to say: I just now came to think of the possibilty that my co-pilot actually is asking for confirmation of my request in a way that I dont get. I will have to try "Yes please" as a follow-up next time I am flying.

That's correct, he is requesting confirmation.  He also will ask for confirmation on AutoPilot disconnect too.

Hello,

There are two bugs regarding PMDG 737 ngx.

1: If you tell your copilot to set your virticle speed to a  negative number, (eg on descend) he will set it to +6000 no matter what you say.

me: Set virticle speed minus two thousand.

co-pilot: setting virticle speed minus two thousand.

(sets it up to +6000)

I have to  do the command for the second or third time for him to do the action and bring it back to negative. sometimes, he will set Vspeed, but forgets to push the  Vspeed button.

bug 2: the buttons like, (speed hold, altitude hold, approach hold, track hold)

If you tell your co-pilot to turn them off, he always says that they are already off, while they can be either on or off. (it's like that he always considers them as off)

but if you command him to turn them on, he will press the button. if you command him to turn it on again, he presses the button and it will turn off.

so, in theory, the turn off commands does not work at all, and you have to use the engage/set on/turn on commands to switch them on and off..

me: track hold on

co-pilot: roger, track hold, activated now. (he turns it on.)

me: track hold off.

co-pilot: "track hold, it's already  off captain" or "track hold, already disengaged"  (he does not do anything and the switch remains armed)

me: track hold on

co-pilot: roger captain, track hold, engaged  (he turns off the switch)

IS there any possibilities for this bug to be fixed? or  it's because the way that pmdg switches work. I'm a blind pilot, and  it's very annoying because I have no idea that if either these switches are on right now, or off.

Thank you.