Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

Now fixed in latest uploaded package

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

If you mean MCE UI doesn't display Dep and Arr airports, suggest you reload the flight plan while MCE is running so it can detect the path to selected flight plan.

This applies to any aircraft.

Thanks. I found out that it was because I had it set on RC4 mode so it wasn't reading the flight plan when I loaded it normaly. When I loaded the .pln into RC4 all was fine.

I also found that when lowering the landing gear in the q400, the FO always says something is wrong with the middle landing gear.

Also, how do I tell the FO what the active runway is? When he asks and I reply, he seems to continue asking.

I also found that when lowering the landing gear in the q400, the FO always says something is wrong with the middle landing gear.

This is probably a case of the software trying to be too clever. As part of realism, when you command Gear up (or down), FO will start monitoring the process. He will typically read the amount of seconds it normally takes the gear to go up (or down) from the "aircraft.cfg" file. And when the timeout expires he checks gear position. Nose gear is probably taking longer in this case.

Easy to fix though. Rather than get you to edit the "aircraft.cfg" file to increase the value, will just do that ourselves in the software

Also, how do I tell the FO what the active runway is? When he asks and I reply, he seems to continue asking.

There are two ways you can make FO aware of the runway in use.

FO would typically prompt you "what is the runway in use?" You reply with just the runway QFU, example "two five left".

If he doesn't get it, or gets the wrong runway following your reply, you can assert it any time you want like this

"runway in use two five left"

This is probably a case of the software trying to be too clever. As part of realism, when you command Gear up (or down), FO will start monitoring the process. He will typically read the amount of seconds it normally takes the gear to go up (or down) from the "aircraft.cfg" file. And when the timeout expires he checks gear position. Nose gear is probably taking longer in this case.

Easy to fix though. Rather than get you to edit the "aircraft.cfg" file to increase the value, will just do that ourselves in the software

There are two ways you can make FO aware of the runway in use.

FO would typically prompt you "what is the runway in use?" You reply with just the runway QFU, example "two five left".

If he doesn't get it, or gets the wrong runway following your reply, you can assert it any time you want like this

"runway in use two five left"

Thanks a lot for the help. Good to know about the gear down thing in case I need to change it for another aircraft.

There are actually about 20 variations (one is picked-up at random) of those prompts for confirmation, ranging from the short "sorry say again" or "please confirm" to the more verbose variant you mentioned above.

Will add a new option to bypass those variants and FO will just say "confirm" + whatever, for those who want it that way.

I have the 2.5.9.7 update.  I noticed that Lorna was still flapping her gob more than necessary on the items that need to be confirmed.  Was this option to bypass some of the chatter added in to the current version, and if so, where/what is it?

Also, while looking through the mce.ini, I noticed "V1CalloutisGO", and "AllowActionOnEvent".  What do these do?

Is there anyway to make it so that I can ask for taxi lights off while still taxiing? Right before I turn into the stand I turn my taxi lights off in order not to blind the marshaller but the FO will not do it. I don't see an instance where we ask to turn taxi lights off by mistake while taxiing. I think it should be this way for all aircraft not just the Q400 which I am currently flying.

Is there anyway to make it so that I can ask for taxi lights off while still taxiing? Right before I turn into the stand I turn my taxi lights off in order not to blind the marshaller but the FO will not do it. I don't see an instance where we ask to turn taxi lights off by mistake while taxiing. I think it should be this way for all aircraft not just the Q400 which I am currently flying.

In addition to being able to edit FO actions to match what you think are the correct procedures for a particular scenario, you always have the authority to give a simple direct verbal command such as "taxi lights off" or "taxi lights on"

You aren't the hostage of FO doing his bits and you following behind without a say.

You are the captain. You dictate what and when something should happen, not the other way around.

You can even create a custom voice command such as "Let's not blind the marshaller", then as part of what actions FO should perform, add command "taxi light off".

I have the 2.5.9.7 update.  I noticed that Lorna was still flapping her gob more than necessary on the items that need to be confirmed.  Was this option to bypass some of the chatter added in to the current version, and if so, where/what is it?

Also, while looking through the mce.ini, I noticed "V1CalloutisGO", and "AllowActionOnEvent".  What do these do?

V1CalloutisGO=1  Only to be used by people following Lufthansa airline procedures.

When set to 1, the PNF calls out "Go" instead of "V1" as per Lufthansa procedures.

AllowActionOnEvent=1  (only a few peole use this option)

When set to 1, it is possible to trigger some of the scripts via some events in the sim.

For example, you could trigger the after landing flow by disarming or retracting the spoiler lever after landing with Airbus AXA.

Documentation is lagging behind as new stuff gets added all the time.

The new option that gets the FO to use just "confirm" instead of the more verbose variations is this one

[OPTIONS]

ReduceChatter=1

I realise now it's missing in the mce.ini, therefore manually add it anywhere in the [OPTIONS] section.

In addition to being able to edit FO actions to match what you think are the correct procedures for a particular scenario, you always have the authority to give a simple direct verbal command such as "taxi lights off" or "taxi lights on"

You aren't the hostage of FO doing his bits and you following behind without a say.

You are the captain. You dictate what and when something should happen, not the other way around.

You can even create a custom voice command such as "Let's not blind the marshaller", then as part of what actions FO should perform, add command "taxi light off".

It's strange because when I tell the FO to turn off the taxi lights he says something like "'I don't think now is the time for that cap". He seems to be refusing to do it.

It's strange because when I tell the FO to turn off the taxi lights he says something like "'I don't think now is the time for that cap". He seems to be refusing to do it.

Aha, that's a different issue. Possibly not detecting the correct flight phase.

When you asked for that, what power levers and propeller levers settings did you have?

What exact Q400 version are you using?

The latest MCE dll that supports Q400 (mcmjq400.dll in \FSX installation folder\MCE dlls\ is adapted to 1008 + Hotfix1, excluding the specific hotfix that addresses a particular issue introduced by Fs2Crew.

When you asked for that, what power levers and propeller levers settings did you have?

The latest MCE dll that supports Q400 (mcmjq400.dll in \FSX installation folder\MCE dlls\ is adapted to 1008 + Hotfix1, excluding the specific hotfix that addresses a particular issue introduced by Fs2Crew.

I am using the latest version of the Q400. When I ask for the taxi lights to be turned off I usually have the #1 condition lever at start & feather and the #2 at max. #2 throttle setting may be at 20 or so to make up for the #1 engine being feathered. I will test and see what happens with max condition levers and a low torque.

Thanks Gerald, I'll put that option in to cut down on the confirmation mumbojumbo.

Event triggered scripts:  Now that's something that I definitely have been thinking would be useful for a long time.  Please do elaborate on what kind of events are recognized and for what planes.

Thanks Gerald, I'll put that option in to cut down on the confirmation mumbojumbo.

Event triggered scripts:  Now that's something that I definitely have been thinking would be useful for a long time.  Please do elaborate on what kind of events are recognized and for what planes.

At the moment it is experimental and only applies to Aerosoft AXA.

Disarming or retracting the spoiler lever be it in VC or via hardware triggers the after landing flow

Switching the Start master to normal triggers the after start flow.

That's about it for now.

May take the feature further. Only downside is getting it to work with 27+ (list groing every couple of months) supported complex aircraft.

It could also cause some frustration when FO embarks on a flow because some event was triggered by accident.

Nevertheless, state what you had in mind.

It seems to be working. I am not sure why a couple of times the FO didn't want to do it but I will make sure that one throttle isn't too high when I ask for taxi lights off.

I confirm that too.

I have a custom checklist for the Q400 and one item always gives me problems:

[ ] Caution Warning Lights        --    OFF

The FO never accepts my answer here. If I repeat it maybe four times he asks me if I can confirm and when I confirm he goes to the next item.

I also have a problem with [ ] External Lights    --    ON

Same deal mostly. He keeps asking me if I am sure. I really don't care if I don't have them the way he wants me to have them, as the checklist is just so I remember to do certain things.

I have a custom checklist for the Q400 and one item always gives me problems:

The FO never accepts my answer here. If I repeat it maybe four times he asks me if I can confirm and when I confirm he goes to the next item.

I also have a problem with [ ] External Lights    --    ON

Same deal mostly. He keeps asking me if I am sure. I really don't care if I don't have them the way he wants me to have them, as the checklist is just so I remember to do certain things.

Try changing

to

[ ] Caution Warning        --    OFF  (without the "Lights" keyword)

And

[ ] External Lights    --    ON

to

[ ] External Lights    --    As required

If you open "mce.ini" and change "NoStateCheck=0" to "NoStateCheck=1" and save, checklist will flow as butter.

FO reads item, waits for answer (any answer) and moves on to next item without challenging on anything.

It's mainly used by people who run simpits (hardware switches), where FO is sometimes unable to read the state.