Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

Hello,

On the Majestic Q400:

If I request the electrical power unit from ground, the unit appears and connect to the aircraft, but its engine is off.

It does not supply power to aircraft. (no engine sound either)

Thanks

Roland

Can someone confirm this issue?

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Speed Intervention on NGX.

When in VNAV, you can press the Speed Intervention button in order to dial in an MCP speed and override the FMS Speed, even though VNAV is still active.  The MCE FO however, can not dial in the requested speed when encountering this situation, and asks for confirmation, and gets confused.  In order for him to be able to dial in the MCP speed, VNAV must be completely disabled, so this is a bug.  Since the MCP speed window is active, he ought to be able to turn the knob just as if the plane were in any other mode.

On the PMDG 777

Some commands work some do not.  For example flaps up works however setting any of the MCDU inputs appear not to work.  For example set altitude FL370 is repeated back correctly but altitude is not set.  Same for heading.  Frequencies set fine for the radios.

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

On the PMDG 777

Some commands work some do not.  For example flaps up works however setting any of the MCDU inputs appear not to work.  For example set altitude FL370 is repeated back correctly but altitude is not set.  Same for heading.  Frequencies set fine for the radios.

Because MCE interfaces the 777 using the PMDG SDK, just like with the NGX it is crucial you don't start MCE until the PMDG aircraft is fully ready, countdown to zero in green bar.

These 2 aircraft are the only ones where MCE auto-start with FSX is not recommended.

EDIT: There is another possibility...

Maybe the result of incomplete installation.

I assume you ran "setup" and not "xPack.msi" when installing the latest.

Go to \Flight Simulator X\MCE dlls\ folder and check you have "mcpmd77X.dll" there.

If that file is missing, another file called "mcgeneric.dll" will load instead. That's the one used by default aircraft and could explain why only radios and flaps worked.

Edited by FS++

In order for him to be able to dial in the MCP speed, VNAV must be completely disabled, so this is a bug. Since the MCP speed window is active

Not a bug. Just not ideal implementation.

Before asking him to dial speed, give him a "Manual Speed", "speed hold on" or "Level change" command.

Before editing, I had previously written a pretty lengthy counterargument, having originally misunderstood your post to say that it was an ideal implementation, not that is was not an ideal implementation! :lol:  So I had made a response with the mindset of "What in the Fluff is FS++ thinking, saying it works ideally??"

I really do think it is something that should be fixed, because the whole point of the SPD INTV button is so that you can remain in VNAV mode, and not have to go to Speed Hold or LVL Change mode.  My thoughts are that if the IAS/MACH window is unblanked, and the human pilot can twist the dial to select a speed, then the MCE FO ought to be able to do exactly the same, just like he can in every other situation or mode in which the speed is visible in the window.  While I understand you don't want to call it a bug, it's bug-ish..

Now this is a bit of a déjà-vu for me but could we remove the need for confirmation when asking to turn on the taxi lights at the approach?

As for the conditions, when the landing gear is extended and, therefore, the nose wheel mounted lights are available, it's not uncommon to turn on the taxi lights in conjunction with the other ones already being in use.

I think I've once even posted some videos as to how the rw flyers perform that step. I can look them up again if needed. Let there be light! ^_^

I do understand the confirmation need for elements like turning off engines or other vital systems.

could we remove the need for confirmation

You can actually bypass any need for confirmation with any protected command as follows.

Create your own unique command in Voxscript.

Examples

"I want taxi light on" 

"The boss wants taxi light on"

"hey taxi light on"

"get me taxi light on"

or, if you fancy.... :P

"get that bloody switch on"

"press that light switch buddy"

No need to add custom replies.

Just add the existing "taxi light on" command to the script command list.

Scripted commands are assumed intentional unless you tick the option "require confirmation".

Can do the same for "autopilot off", "ats off" and anything else that annoys you.

In general, the longer the trigger sentence, the less likely it will fire by accident.

Thanks, Gerald. It was just that I don't think that the taxi light switch needs any confirmation. Why is it set like that btw?

I always respond "Geez, just put the taxi light on, it's not like something will blow up or harm the plane when you do". Know what I mean? :rolleyes: If I would have asked to start the fuel jettison process or to turn off engine 3, I would not complain about Travis asking "are you sure?"

Why is it set like that btw?

It was just to prevent FO switching taxi light on when gear is stowed.

Never mind, will remove the need for confirmation for that specific item.

I use MCE under P3Dv2.4. 

I often use the sims native ATC when I practice touch and go or VFR. I use 3 monitors.

Each time I press push and talk button, the ATC window shows up very shortly on one place (on a moniter) then move to and stay on the place where I placed before (on another monitor). Sometimes after I talk to ATC and I close the ATC window, the window pops up again. 

Is there any way to avoid this strange behavior of the ATC window when using MCE?

Many thanks for the great support.

It was just to prevent FO switching taxi light on when gear is stowed.

The idea makes sense, some planes (first 737 even) did not check if the gear was extended or not. So one could burn the bulb while it resides in its storage place. On other planes, like the Learjet, the taxi lights are not bound to a nose gear strut while the planes with the non retractable gears might use their taxi light as recog light and avoid the high temps and power from running their landing light for too long.

Seeing that MCE already runs smart checks on max extension speeds for planes with retractable gear (where the FO says that one is above VGE), maybe one could run a check for the extended/not extended status of the gear and then ask for confirmation or not.

But

Never mind, will remove the need for confirmation for that specific item.

seems much easier to implement in that regard and I have to applaud to you once again for being open to discuss all kinds of features for MCE. I don't think I can recall any other dev a) offering such a flexible software and b ) treating it like that. Thumbs up, Gerald! :smile:

Double bug report:

PMDG 777X and MCE Ultimate Edition

Version: 2.6.2.1

(haven't tested it with 2.6.2.2 but I assume it should still exist since both bugs exist since the beggining of PMDG 777X support (since July 2014))

Voice command issued:

"Cabin Crew, close all doors".

Pursuer reply:

"Doors closed, slides armed."

Bug A: (tested only on the left side doors)

On any PMDG 777X doors ONLY close, but do NOT arm.

Bug B: (tested only on the left side doors)

On the PMDG 777-300ER, only the FIRST FOUR doors close.

The FIFTH door does NOT close at all.

Steps to reproduce (both bugs):

- Load PMDG 777-300ER.

- Load MCE.

- From the FMC, disarm and open doors (on the left) 1,2, and 5.

- Issue voice command "Cabin Crew, close all doors".

- The Pursuer will reply "Doors closed, slides armed."

Behavior:

- Doors 1 and 2 will only close, but not arm.

- Door 5 will not even close.

Expected behavior:

- Doors 1, 2 and 5 should close and arm.

Expected behavior:
- Doors 1, 2 and 5 should close and arm

Correct.

Update to V2.6.2.2 and behaviour should be as expected. Earlier some liveries weren't properly identified as 300ER.

As for the slides arming, the SDK doesn't allow for it. Neither read, nor set.

Having said that, we have recently added the ability for users to interface either FMC-CDU 1 or 2 via voice.

It doesn't mean you have to talk to FO to hit each button, as that wouldn't be realistic, but it allows you for instance to create your own voice command in Voxscript, say "time to arm the slides" (or whatever trigger sentence you wish) and then make that script go like this

cdu two press menu

cdu two press rsk six (this will select FS Actions)

cdu two press lsk three (this selects DOORS)

Assuming all doors are closed and not armed....the following to arm all left side doors

cdu two press lsk one

cdu two press lsk two

cdu two press lsk three

cdu two press lsk four

cdu two press lsk five

...and right side doors

cdu two press rsk one

cdu two press rsk two

cdu two press rsk three

cdu two press rsk four

cdu two press rsk five

The assumption is that you have visually checked the doors are all already closed in Eicas before triggering the script, otherwise, the clicks would be selecting Open/Close instead of arm/disarm

You can achieve a few more personal things using the new feature.

V2.6.2.2

Transponder standby on the Majestic Q400 doesn't work. On the transponder ta/ra command the FO correctly uses the radio panel popup and performs the necessary long key press. For the standby command, he doesn't do this anymore.

Current workaround: Command ta/ra again.

Forgot to add: Plane version reads 1.011 PILOT (should be the latest)