Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

Hi,

A couple of things with the Majestic Q400 not working with latest Majestic patch 1012 and Prepar3d 2.4:

1. After MCE has touched the flaps, the state of the flaps is not recognised by addons anymore:

a) I couldn't request MCE to retract them on climb

b) RAAS didn't recognise my flaps config and gave warnings

c) My VA ACARs system didn't record flaps retraction on takeoff when it usually does without MCE

d) MCE refuse to put flaps down in approach flow and refuse to put them up after landing. It's like it couldn't access them anymore.

2. I can command SEATBELTS OFF by voice, various combinations work. However the VoxScript fails to execute this command. I tried various combinations, all using the GUI and the test never executed these.

3. Voice test button doesn't work in the GUI when configuring copilot etc. Not a big deal. Could be related to Win 8.1 64bit.

Unfortunately this is all a fresh install so I can't say any particular thing causes these (windows, prepar3d or whatever). I have been flying without MCE prior to this and only just started using it again recently.

Other than the above, all Q400 flows and commands I have working well and have built my custom flows it works great.

Thanks!

Hi,

A couple of things with the Majestic Q400 not working with latest Majestic patch 1012 and Prepar3d 2.4:

1. After MCE has touched the flaps, the state of the flaps is not recognised by addons anymore:

a) I couldn't request MCE to retract them on climb

B) RAAS didn't recognise my flaps config and gave warnings

c) My VA ACARs system didn't record flaps retraction on takeoff when it usually does without MCE

d) MCE refuse to put flaps down in approach flow and refuse to put them up after landing. It's like it couldn't access them anymore.

2. I can command SEATBELTS OFF by voice, various combinations work. However the VoxScript fails to execute this command. I tried various combinations, all using the GUI and the test never executed these.

3. Voice test button doesn't work in the GUI when configuring copilot etc. Not a big deal. Could be related to Win 8.1 64bit.

Unfortunately this is all a fresh install so I can't say any particular thing causes these (windows, prepar3d or whatever). I have been flying without MCE prior to this and only just started using it again recently.

Other than the above, all Q400 flows and commands I have working well and have built my custom flows it works great.

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads-up.

Never tested with V012. Will be done over the coming couple of weeks.

At least a few things are expected to be broken.

Transponder mode

Vspeeds call-outs.

And one more item I can't recall.

Not sure why flaps are going funny though.

Since there s no SDK, every time the aircraft dev makes changes, we have to adjust things accordingly.

Interesting because transponder mode works for me. He pops up the 2d. I'll have to double check it worked through next flight.

V speed callouts work but I set them myself in MCE window. Are you saying it will update automatically?

Are you saying it will update automatically?

Affirmative, once the Q400 specific dll in <MCE dlls> folder is updated, FO will be able to read Vspeeds automatically. You don't need a trip to MCE panel for many aircraft now. It can take up to 10 seconds for MCE Vspeed to be in synch with whatever new values you input in aircraft, be it via FMC CDU or in case of Q400 using Push and dial.

Battery ON/OFF command just move the switch in the cockpit but the action is not executed

Download this file.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/mcrzbmet.zip

Unzip and replace file in \Simulator installation folder\MCE dlls\

That will get the gattery switch working as expected.

Regarding "nose wheel steering"...

It has been already implemented in current build. Won't be released before FEB 25.

If you want latest updated files, please get in touch with support

Thanks

I can't get the commands "minimum decision height" and "minimum decision altitude" to work correctly.  I've only tried it with the NGX, and then, only a few times.  I specified a decision height of 50 feet and the FO confirmed it, but when passing 200 ft he called out "minimums".  He still seems to be falling back on the default value every time.

Download this file.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/mcrzbmet.zip

Unzip and replace file in \Simulator installation folder\MCE dlls\

That will get the gattery switch working as expected.

Regarding "nose wheel steering"...

It has been already implemented in current build. Won't be released before FEB 25.

If you want latest updated files, please get in touch with support

Thanks

Thank you Gerald

I did it but the battery command did not change: switches move but no action...

I did re start FSX twice without success...

Regarding "nose wheel steering", I can wait until next release except if you want me to test it before...

Thanks again for your great support

Pascal

si.php?id=1

Thank you Gerald

I did it but the battery command did not change: switches move but no action...

I did re start FSX twice without success...

Regarding "nose wheel steering", I can wait until next release except if you want me to test it before...

Thanks again for your great support

Pascal

Unless they released a new service pack which we aren't aware of, and possibly modified the way they implemented the battery switch, it should work.

Please go to \Flight Simulator X\MCE dlls\ folder.

Report the file mcrzbmet.dll, "modified date" and version.

Thanks

Argh....

I did put the file mcrzbmet.dll at the wrong place... I:\Multi Crew Experience\Support\Files\FSX\MCE dlls\

Now that I put it where it should be, it works like a charme :BigGrin:

Thank tou so much!

Still regarding the metroliner, the engines incorporate a factory‐installed alcohol‐water injection system (AWI). The TPE‐331 is dry‐rated at 1,000 shp for takeoff and continuous operation. For short TO, It is wet‐rated at 1,100 shp for a maximum of five minutes from the start of takeoff roll.

For this purpose there are 2 switches which are very useful the AWI On/Off Switch and the AWI Pump Selector Switch (on the pedestral right of the throttles). Would it be possible to create  MCE commands therefore?

Of course this is a nice to have kind of feature but :wink:

si.php?id=1

Sorry, forgot to mention Airframe anti-ice Auto/OFF for the metroliner which does not work also

All other anti-ice switches works fine

Cheers

Pascal

si.php?id=1

I can't get the commands "minimum decision height" and "minimum decision altitude" to work correctly.  I've only tried it with the NGX, and then, only a few times.  I specified a decision height of 50 feet and the FO confirmed it, but when passing 200 ft he called out "minimums".  He still seems to be falling back on the default value every time.

Implementation appears to be correct, so not sure what went wrong.

Maybe FO understood 150 or 250 feet.

For values lower than 200, once you have confirmed, you should also hear him say "category two" or "category three" approach.

Gerald, I just reconfirmed this on my latest flight.  I specified 50 and he came back with something like "decision height five zero for category three..."  I'm sure he said "Five Zero" and not anything else.  Again though, he called out minimums at 200.  I have tried it now with both the radio altimeter set to 50 and also not set, and it is the same.  This is NGX and I don't know how this command behaves on other planes, but if I fly another, I'll be sure to report back if it worked.  Also, I've only tried Decision Height, not Decision Altitude, since I was only doing Cat II's and III's.

There is a completely different thing that I forgot to relay earlier.  Again on NGX.  After the landing gear goes up (and lights extinguish) and also when the gear comes down (three greens), there is a delay of at least a minute before the FO comes back and confirms that gear is up with no lights, or that gear is down and locked.   It doesn't interfere with anything, but maybe the delay shouldn't be so long after the action has completed, because a minute or two after you've raised or lowered the gear is long enough that you have already confirmed the gear status yourself, and then mentally moved on to something else and forgotten all about the gear.

It doesn't interfere with anything, but maybe the delay shouldn't be so long after the action has completed, because a minute or two after you've raised or lowered the gear is long enough that you have already confirmed the gear status yourself

Understood.

This is actually the result of recent adjustment to gear up/or down monitoring. Earlier co-pilot  was too picky, looking up the extension and retraction time in "aircraft.cfg", and if by the time it elapses if gear isn't fully up or down, he'd start complaining. Decided to play it safe by giving it a solid 50 seconds before checking status.

Will be set to a lower value. I would think anywher between 30 and 40 seconds would cover all aircraft.

Oh, I think I know why you've done it that way.  This was the issue where on the Dash 8, he would say "we've got a problem" just before the gear went green?  You certainly don't need my advice, but if it worked looking up the gear transit time in the config file for all but the Dash 8, then maybe you can have that check in there just as you originally had it, but if it comes back negative, like it does with the Dash, then have him check again in 10 or 20 seconds or so, and only then report a problem?  That way maybe we don't have to have an artificial delay in there for planes other than the Dash 8, and it helps with the pilot's task continuity at these crucial times of takeoff and landing.  Don't mind me, I'm just thinking aloud, and I'm sure whatever you do will be satisfactory to me! :lol:  It isn't as if Trav ruins the believability of my flight by coming back 30 seconds late to report the gear is up, so this is no big deal!!

Back to the DH.  To give you more specifics I've observed, when I say "Minimum Decision Height is 50" he confirmed "five zero for category three" but he still called it out at 200 ft.  I tried a variation where I commanded "Decision height is fifty feet".  He confirmed it again, but in this case he didn't call out anything.  I believe I've tried that particular command twice.  Can you give me specific phrasings to use for Decision Height, Minimum Decision Altitude, Minimum Decision Height, etc, that you know to be good, and I will go ahead and try those the next time I fly?  Also, is he actually reading the radio altimeter to know where I have bugged it, or is he only responding to what I've specified it is to him?

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, but does anyone have a problem with Trav responding during  a "before start checklist" on PMDG 737-800 to

fuel levers. IDLE FLIGHT"? He keeps saying recheck that.

sry "before taxi checklist"