Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

but when passing 200 ft he called out "minimums"

Issue now understood.

What was happening is that the stated minimum decision height in feet (should have been converted) was compared to radio altitude which is read in meters from the sim. And since 1 meter = 3.28... feet :-)

Should be OK in next update.

Hi,

I found one issue regarding using "ReduceAtcFlicker=1" in P3Dv2.5 (build43 and 44). I had not this before v2.5.

I have three moniters connected with Nvidia surround and forth smaller moniter for gauges placed just below those three monitors.

With "ReduceAtcFlicker=1" I get a white bar on the top of the forth monitor in flight mode in P3D. When I try to start MCE from desktop shortcut, the forth monitor becomes from blackscreen to desktop background (like windows flag) and it never goes back to blackscreen.  With "ReduceAtcFlicker=0", the problem has gone. I can reproduce this. 

My hardware configuration may be not so common, so this may be a small issue. But I would like to report this anyway as a side effect of "ReduceAtcFlicker=1". 

Regards,

Yuji

Hi,

I found one issue regarding using "ReduceAtcFlicker=1" in P3Dv2.5 (build43 and 44). I had not this before v2.5.

I have three moniters connected with Nvidia surround and forth smaller moniter for gauges placed just below those three monitors.

With "ReduceAtcFlicker=1" I get a white bar on the top of the forth monitor in flight mode in P3D. When I try to start MCE from desktop shortcut, the forth monitor becomes from blackscreen to desktop background (like windows flag) and it never goes back to blackscreen.  With "ReduceAtcFlicker=0", the problem has gone. I can reproduce this. 

My hardware configuration may be not so common, so this may be a small issue. But I would like to report this anyway as a side effect of "ReduceAtcFlicker=1". 

Regards,

Yuji

Thanks for reporting this. That's why it's not enabled by default.

We made a few changes in latest release.

Before, it would be confined to left top corner of the left Monitor. Now you can decide where it will show-up.

Please edit your "fsInsider.ini" and replace the whole [PREPAR3D] section.

Should look as follows

[Prepar3D]

GBordinal=24

ReduceAtcFlicker=1

AtcWinLeft=0

AtcWinTop=60

AtcWinWidth=220

AtcWinHeight=60

It is now possible to confine the invasive P3D ATC to a very narrow rectangle.

By default it will show-up as a 260x60 pixels 60 pixels below the top left corner of the monitor.

This is how it would look by default. When you touch the window, it will display as normal.

P3D-Atc-Window-Small.jpg

And here it is with extreme setting

P3D-Atc-Window-Very-Small.jpg

If it worked with V2.4 for you, then should equally work with V2.5

Please confirm the outcome.

Thank you.

Thanks very much for your kind advice. I will check that after coming back from the cottage.

/Yuji

Should look as follows

[Prepar3D]
GBordinal=24
ReduceAtcFlicker=1
AtcWinLeft=0
AtcWinTop=60
AtcWinWidth=220
AtcWinHeight=60

I have tested above by changing values related to AtcWin. Still I have the issue as far as I put ReduceAtcFlicker=1.

I will describe the issue again using pictures for the sake of clarification. I have 3 monitors connected with Nvidia surround, plus one more monitor used for mainly 2D pop-up gauges. These four monitors are connected to one videcard GTX760. P3Dv2 recognizes them as two displays (5260x1050 and 1280x1024).

When I have  ReduceAtcFlicker=1, I get while bar on top of the forth monitor (see the first picture below). When I access to desktop to start some pragram, MCE for instance, the forth monitor shows the desktop background and it never goes back to black (see the second picture). I do not have this problem as far as I set ReduceAtcFlicker=0.

mce1.md.jpg

MCI2.md.jpg

I can live with ReduceAtcFlicker=0. I just report this for your awareness.

Regards,

Yuji

I can live with ReduceAtcFlicker=0. I just report this for your awareness.

Thanks for the informative screenshots.

Will try to do something about it, even though it's not a priority thingy.

Regarding 4 th monitor...

Are these the PMDG PFD and ND 777 pop-up only, or do you have other instruments? 

Are they docked or undocked panels?

Will try to do something about it, even though it's not a priority thingy.

Regarding 4 th monitor...

Are these the PMDG PFD and ND 777 pop-up only, or do you have other instruments? 

Are they docked or undocked panels?

Thanks for great support as allways.  :happy:

They are only 2D pop-ups from PMDG 777. I click on PFD and ND in VC, undock them and move to 4th monitor.

/Yuji

They are only 2D pop-ups from PMDG 777. I click on PFD and ND in VC, undock them and move to 4th monitor.

Can't test PMDG 777 under P3D, as I only have the FSX package, but this file might solve it.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/fsInsider26391.zip

Waiting for feedback.

Hi Gerald,

I tested it. Humm... it went somthing wrong  :wacko: .  I did the following,

1) backed up fsinsider.dll 26381.

2) replace to 26391.  Set ReduceAtcFlicker=1

3) Start p3d v25 build 44. 

4) Error message pops up showing  "This feature requires that (smartassembly) is available on this computer". Back to desktop. (So I could not start the sim!! ) 

5) I could not start p3d anymore showing the same message. Setting ReduceAtcFlicker=0, repalcing back to 26381....still I can not star the sim. I can start the sim only when I delete fsinsider.dll.

Did I currupted somthing?? I hope I could recover by reinstalling MCE and not by installing the sim,,, :( .

/Yuji

I hope I could recover by reinstalling MCE and not by installing the sim

There is absolutely no need to re-install the sim due to a MCE related issue.

Simply temporarily rename "fsInsider.dll" to "disabled-fsInsider.dll" and P3D won't load it.

If fsInsider.dll doesn't load in the sim, none of the dlls in <MCE dlls> will either. You are effectively operating with P3D minus MCE.

Now, of course you won't be able to use MCE until fsInsider.dll loads.

Here is what I suggest...

Un-install MCE.

Download and install latest version 2.6.3.9

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Replace fsInsider.ini (config file) in P3D installation folder with the file found in unzipped installation package

The installer doesn't overwrite it in case user has custom settings.

Try running P3D with default dll that ships with V2.6.3.9

Once you are up and running with default "fsInsider.ini" settings, backup that dll and replace it with the one I sent you today (V2.6.3.91).

Set "ReduceAtcFlicker=1" and see if you can run without adverse effects.

If not working as expected, revert to using dll that ships with latest version.

Thanks

Once you are up and running with default "fsInsider.ini" settings, backup that dll and replace it with the one I sent you today (V2.6.3.91).

Set "ReduceAtcFlicker=1" and see if you can run without adverse effects.

If not working as expected, revert to using dll that ships with latest version.

Thanks

Yes, 2639 works fine without the error message. However, 26391 did not help the adverse effects to go away. I see them in the same way as before, no matter which aircraft I choose. 

It is really ok for me leaving the flicker reduction off (I found another quirk using 777+MCE+ GSX+P3Dv2 that I will ask in another thread). Thanks very much for your try anyway!!

/Yuji 

Hi, I've just started using MCE for X-Plane, and am finding issues with the Q400 checklists. I am having to skip certain items because the FO is incorrectly reading the datarefs. In addition he is not performing certain actions during the flows (again probably because of a dataref setting issue). An example is the APU bleed. Should I list them here? Is there a way I can correct this without having to hassle you?

Many thanks.

Hello,

I have some (new) issues with the following configuration:

• P3D v2.4
  • Majestic Q400 v 1.014
  • MCE 2.6.3.9

Some commands operated by my FO do not work anymore in the Q400, for example the APU start.

FO says the correct sequence, but the buttons and knobs are not moved on the panel.

The issue came since I've updated the Q400 from 1.012 to a full 1.014 installation.

I have first seen the issue with a previous version of MCE, so I thaught I needed an MCE update, but it's the same with the v 2.6.3.9.

Am I alone?

Thanks

Roland

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Hi, I've just started using MCE for X-Plane, and am finding issues with the Q400 checklists. I am having to skip certain items because the FO is incorrectly reading the datarefs. In addition he is not performing certain actions during the flows (again probably because of a dataref setting issue). An example is the APU bleed. Should I list them here? Is there a way I can correct this without having to hassle you?

Many thanks.

You can always create your own checklist based on existing one, modify the new one and make it the default to use with Q400.

For items FO understands, he would check item status. For unknown items, he/she will just make sure you give the right answer.

feel free to post your checklist here.

Here is one video with Q400, where user has created own checklist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJONKFk5b5s

For instance, you'll notice when FO gets to "Pitot", he claims he can't read item (a TTS voice would read anything) and begins spelling it. User would just need to replace "Pitot" with "Pitot-heat" as expected and the pre-recorded voice pack will read it.

If you find co-pilot being too chatty when asked to read the checklist, go to <General> tab of MCE user interface and click <More options..> button.

Under <FO behaviour> tick item "Strict checklist". You will notice a different behaviour from what you have seen in video above.

Yes, there will always be a few imperfections, and we would be mre than happy to address them.

Datarefs isn't an issue for us. We can get all of them for any aircraft, without having to beg or pester aircraft developers.