Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

Update T7 to latest service pack released last January

Update MCE to latest V2.6.6.7

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Hi Gerald - just so that I don't screw it up installing the new update. Do I uninstall using control panel and reinstall the software, its been awhile since I did it, forgot the process.

Thanks

Some anomalies with PMDG 747x.

Commanding altitude fl 360 co pilot correctly reads back command and then proceeds to dial random altitudes such as 41000 feet or 32100ft for example.

This does not happen all the time but annoying all the same.

Co pilot also has problems with selecting correct altitude when asked for a specific altitude using the words "altitude twenty one thousand two hundred" will dial 6000ft for example.

When co pilot is asked to cancel dialling the incorrect altitude he then sets the altitude bug back to some random altitude as if he has forgotten the original setting.

Thanks.

Hi Gerald - just so that I don't screw it up installing the new update. Do I uninstall using control panel and reinstall the software, its been awhile since I did it, forgot the process.

Thanks

yes. uninstall via windows control panel, then install new version

John Cramer

yes. uninstall via windows control panel, then install new version

Thanks John..

Bsmfinegan,

Can I just ask if your PMDG 747 co-pilot calls "Localiser Alive/Captured" and "Glideslope Alive/Captured" correctly on ILS approach?

(Please see my Post 276 in this thread.)

I've always had this problem since first installing MCE.

Many thanks,

TG.

Bsmfinegan,

Can I just ask if your PMDG 747 co-pilot calls "Localiser Alive/Captured" and "Glideslope Alive/Captured" correctly on ILS approach?

(Please see my Post 276 in this thread.)

I've always had this problem since first installing MCE.

Many thanks,

TG.

Will test when I get a chance.

Bryan.

Hello,

I have a Problem with the install Routine with Windows 10 - i had Change the speech from German to us-english... I see now my win 10 is in english, but if mce.exe comes the error..."please install english speech..."

What is my mistake?

Thanks for u help

Greets Andre

P.s. Sorry for my Little english

Hello,

I have a Problem with the install Routine with Windows 10 - i had Change the speech from German to us-english... I see now my win 10 is in english, but if mce.exe comes the error..."please install english speech..."

What is my mistake?

Thanks for u help

Greets Andre

P.s. Sorry for my Little english

Make sure Windows 10 update isn't disabled.

It may appear as if English US language pack is installed, but could actually be in "Pending" status. At some point Windows will need to download and install files.

Also, look under "English US" language options for "speech input".

Suggest you restore to factory settings

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings.

Run MCE once again, and the wizard should run instead. It should automatically open the "Add language" panel, so you can check it's installed.

Alternatively, try this offline language pack installer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win7

One thing is sure, with Windows 10, MCE will run on any localized Windows version, Korean, Spanish, Dutch, whatever. It's just a matter of correctly installing the free English US language pack.

thanks  that was my problem :-)

if I succes installed - could I install German Speech again, or must US-English stay for MCE

Greets

Andre

thanks  that was my problem :-)

if I succes installed - could I install German Speech again, or must US-English stay for MCE

Greets

Andre

You can always easily return to German setup. The only thing that may not work is speech training (using the tool) as it would detect another language.

Another way is to create a new PC user on your machine, name it something like "EnglishUser", then set that user account up the way you did with previous one. You'll have to do speech training again as the speech profile is tied to a specific account. 

Once you have "EnglishUser" account working as expected, revert your previous user account to German language, then decide at login time which one you need.

That is Perfect - Thank you ...

By the way: i Need a step by step Tutorial for the Pmdg 737 ngx with MCE ...

That is Perfect - Thank you ...

By the way: i Need a step by step Tutorial for the Pmdg 737 ngx with MCE ...

There is one available via the Windows 10 menu

Click Start->All apps->Multi Crew Experience->Paper Tutorials->PMDG NGX MCE

As said in other thread, you could even teach your co-pilot to understand some German (even non-academic German :smile: )

If you'd like to follow Lufthansa SOPs, there's one more thing you need to do.

Go to MCE user interface, "General tab".

Click <More options> button

In "Advanced options" panel, click <View config> button

The "mce.ini" config file will open in Notepad

Change "V1calloutIsGo=0" to "V1calloutIsGo=1" aand save.

From then on, on takeoff  co-pilot will say "Go" instead of "V1"

And if you want to train as co-pilot instead of Captain, add this line to the [OPTIONS] section

FlyingAsCopilot=1

Just a small one, if you get the chance:

When taxiing to the runway in the PMDG747 (FSX), the FO calls "70 knots" if I go a bit fast.

I admit to being impatient to get airborne, but not that much! :smile:

Just a small one, if you get the chance:

When taxiing to the runway in the PMDG747 (FSX), the FO calls "70 knots" if I go a bit fast.

I admit to being impatient to get airborne, but not that much! :smile:

:LMAO:  :LMAO:  :LMAO:

Somehow triggered landing phase. Can only happen if you put throttles to idle and speed is decreasing from higher than 70 knots.

I don't think it's worth tinkering with that part, as it would eventually just create other side effects. :smile: Try to stay under 60 knots on taxi and you should be fine

At least FO isn't arguing with you. My favourite, see the poor chap here who decides to enlist a co-pilot on a Cessna aircraft. Better not do that, as Travis thinks handling flaps is part of his duties, and will get upset if you touch the lever yourself.

Yes, very good. :smile: 

I can't imagine I ever exceed 20 kts on taxi when FO calls 70, but not to worry if it's going to cause problems to fix it.

All the best.