Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

Sorry...I don't think I have made myself clear as to what is happening.  Let me try to clarify:

"Normally, with FSX & FS9, MCE should automatically pick-up the flight plan you loaded within FSX (assuming it's default FSX (or FS9) format"

That is exactly what happens, with no problem, when I start a fight.  The flight plan is loaded in FSX, AS16 and MCE...and it is in default FSX format.

"Eventually, try reloading flight plan while MCE is running"

This is where the issue is.  Somewhere, during the flight, while MCE is running, I will get a notice in the MCE UI that it does not have a flight plan.  At the top of the menu bar I will see "KMEM to ????" (KMEM as an example only) and then when I click on the "ATC" tab on the menu of the UI it shows "Destination:" as "????" with additional "????" for "Cruise Alt:" and "Alternate".  I then click on the "Get Flight Plan" button and it opens up a window showing the "E:" drive...where-as the flight plans are contained in the FSX default location on my "C:" drive.  I then have to navigate to my "C:" drive where the flight plans are actually located, in the default FSX location.

So my question is, "How do I get MCE to open a window where my flight plans are actually located, instead of opening a window for the "E:" drive?".

I did not have this issue with my old PC, but it only had one drive, and MCE always opened a window at the default FSX location for the flight plans.

I guess the other part of my question is why does MCE suddenly loose the flight plan when it has it at the start and through some time during the flight?

Thanks,

Garry Lundberg

Hello, 

I tried to use MCE with the A2A Skylane just to be able to use voice with ATC. I got a dialog box from MCE after I launched it that the aircraft was not recognized and that I should contact the developer, after which MCE just exited. This is on P3D v4. Will MCE no longer work with A2A and P3Dv4?. I tried the same setup with the RealAir Legacy V2 and it worked just fine. The Lancair was installed using the P3D v3 installer. The A2A has a version 4 installer. Please help.   

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Hi,

First let me say I've been using this product now for about 3 months now and I have to say I love this product!!!. Brings the immersion in the cockpit to a whole new level. I even find myself cursing at Clive when he gets on me about gear and flap speeds, of course he doesn't tolerate that kind of talk. !!!! :biggrin:. With that said, I do have a couple of minor bugs I'd like to point out.

(1.) I fly GA aircraft, primarily the Baron-58. My problem is when I request taxi to the fuel pit, via the ATC menu, I can never get the ground control to recognize the option. I can say for example "option 3" and the request will be carried out, however when I say "Ground (with or without the facility name), (my call sign), request taxi to fuel" it selects the next option which happens to be taxi to takeoff options. Then you have to either taxi to the runway or end up ignoring  ATC altogether.

(2.) When requesting climbs or descents, again I cannot seem to get ATC to acknowledge the request except by saying option 1,2,3, etc. For example I'm at 9000 ft and I want to climb to 14000 ft. If I say "Center (with or without the facility name), (my call sign), request climb to 14000 ft", I get no response from ATC. I can say option 5 for increase altitude by 5000 ft, and I get a response. I've tried all different combinations of call signs long and short form, facility name combinations etc.  

(3.) It seems my buddy Clive:biggrin: has a hard time understanding the word "ON". I'll ask for the landing lights to be turned on, and he'll say roger the item is already off, or something to that effect. He'll get it sometimes, but I guess he can be a bit contrary at times. I've tried the tutorials, and learning modules, and different tonal inflections but it seems hit or miss.

(4.) When entering some different words in the checklist, it appears that the speech recognition will not recognize some words. For example when saying "PFD" it understands no problem, but if I say "MFD" it will not say it. I can get it to say MFD by spacing out the letters (M F D) but then it sounds very robotic. A few other word that I can't seem to get it to understand are "sweep" as in (sweep radar) and "leaving" as in (leaving the aircraft checklist) 

(5.) When ATC says "report traffic in sight" and I read back "(call sign) traffic NOT in sight" the ATC menu always selects the traffic IN sight option.

I've read all the tutorials and manuals on how to say call signs, commands and facility names, and have a background in aviation and experience talking with ATC. I'm using MCE ver 2.7.34

These are all minor issues, but they do have a tendency to detract from the overall fluidity of the experience.

I also have X-Plane 10 and 11, does that require a separate purchase and licence?

Again kudos to to you for a very well thought out and invaluable program.

Tony J

23 hours ago, Fighter Guy said:

Hi,

First let me say I've been using this product now for about 3 months now and I have to say I love this product!!!. Brings the immersion in the cockpit to a whole new level. I even find myself cursing at Clive when he gets on me about gear and flap speeds, of course he doesn't tolerate that kind of talk. !!!! :biggrin:. With that said, I do have a couple of minor bugs I'd like to point out.

(1.) I fly GA aircraft, primarily the Baron-58. My problem is when I request taxi to the fuel pit, via the ATC menu, I can never get the ground control to recognize the option. I can say for example "option 3" and the request will be carried out, however when I say "Ground (with or without the facility name), (my call sign), request taxi to fuel" it selects the next option which happens to be taxi to takeoff options. Then you have to either taxi to the runway or end up ignoring  ATC altogether.

(2.) When requesting climbs or descents, again I cannot seem to get ATC to acknowledge the request except by saying option 1,2,3, etc. For example I'm at 9000 ft and I want to climb to 14000 ft. If I say "Center (with or without the facility name), (my call sign), request climb to 14000 ft", I get no response from ATC. I can say option 5 for increase altitude by 5000 ft, and I get a response. I've tried all different combinations of call signs long and short form, facility name combinations etc.  

(3.) It seems my buddy Clive:biggrin: has a hard time understanding the word "ON". I'll ask for the landing lights to be turned on, and he'll say roger the item is already off, or something to that effect. He'll get it sometimes, but I guess he can be a bit contrary at times. I've tried the tutorials, and learning modules, and different tonal inflections but it seems hit or miss.

(4.) When entering some different words in the checklist, it appears that the speech recognition will not recognize some words. For example when saying "PFD" it understands no problem, but if I say "MFD" it will not say it. I can get it to say MFD by spacing out the letters (M F D) but then it sounds very robotic. A few other word that I can't seem to get it to understand are "sweep" as in (sweep radar) and "leaving" as in (leaving the aircraft checklist) 

(5.) When ATC says "report traffic in sight" and I read back "(call sign) traffic NOT in sight" the ATC menu always selects the traffic IN sight option.

I've read all the tutorials and manuals on how to say call signs, commands and facility names, and have a background in aviation and experience talking with ATC. I'm using MCE ver 2.7.34

These are all minor issues, but they do have a tendency to detract from the overall fluidity of the experience.

I also have X-Plane 10 and 11, does that require a separate purchase and licence?

Again kudos to to you for a very well thought out and invaluable program.

Tony J

Hi Toby.

Thanks for the accolade and feedback on your usage scenario.

(1) There aren't ATC messages you can speak to request permission to go to the refueling area. In general items between brackets like [Taxi for takeoff options..]  or [NEAREST airport list..] ]aren't considered part of the ATC experience. You can just speak the line, without pressing PTT and it should be selected.

(2) Probably speech grammar that needs to be tweaked to ensure your particular speech variation is covered. For now, try

Center Call_Sign requesting permission to climb 14 thousand feet

Center Call_Sign request further climb to fourteen thousand

There are also many other variations.

(3) May want to create a new speech profile, make it active and train it using our speech training too.

(4) occasionally, there could be a word that isn't covered. Sometimes you can use alternative words that mean the same. But cannot find one that would replace "Sweep". "Scan" would be a good fit. Unfortunately it isn't there either.If you have a quality TTS voice, assign it, and you can write anything you want in the checklist.

(5) Maybe a bug there.

MCE for X-Plane is a completely separate package.

You'll get the same commitment to support as many complex aircraft as possible via free updates (so far 18 aircraft supported), even though we don't even have a competitor on the X-Plane platform. One installation will cover all your voice control needs for both X_Plane 11 & 10

Hi, Gerald,

Thanks for the response. In regards to the previous post item 1

On 10/26/2017 at 1:13 PM, FS++ said:

(1) There aren't ATC messages you can speak to request permission to go to the refueling area. In general items between brackets like [Taxi for takeoff options..]  or [NEAREST airport list..] ]aren't considered part of the ATC experience. You can just speak the line, without pressing PTT and it should be selected.

I have to beg to differ. I just completed a flight to KSFO. I was on tower frequency, once clear of the runway ATC says " Contact Ground on 121.80. Once I dial in 121.80 The ATC Menu opens and shows:

Choose an option for San Francisco Ground on 121.800.

1 - Request Taxi to Gates 

2 - Request Taxi to Parking 

3 - Request Taxi to Fueling 

4 - [Taxi for Takeoff Options...]

This is an exact representation of the ATC Menu page. I have a screenshot of the menu, but can't find a way to attach it to this message.

So when I use PTT and say <"Ground <call sign> request taxi to gates" ATC gives me a gate assignment. If I use PTT and say <"Ground <call sign> request taxi to parking" ATC directs me to GA parking. When I use PTT and say <"Ground <call sign> request taxi to fueling" instead of responding "<call sign> taxi to fueling" MCE selects option 4 which opens the taxi to takeoff options, however if I say option 3, then ATC says "<call sign> taxi to fueling" which then gives me the option to [Turn on Progressive Taxi] which I speak directly into the mic . If I understand correctly anything that are not in brackets has to be requested by using PTT and anything in brackets would be spoken directly into the mic. I guess my chief complaint is I shouldn't have to say option 3.

As for

On 10/26/2017 at 1:13 PM, FS++ said:

(2) Probably speech grammar that needs to be tweaked to ensure your particular speech variation is covered. For now, try

Center Call_Sign requesting permission to climb 14 thousand feet

Center Call_Sign request further climb to fourteen thousand

There are also many other variations.

I tried every variation under <Task: Request Altitude Change> in the Complete ATC manual pdf, and also tried all of the examples in the <IFR ATC> guide. Maybe 1 out of ten times ATC will respond properly without having to say option 1,2, etc, but I'll try again.

When creating a new speech profile is that located under the speech recognition program? or do I build it again through MCE?

Sorry for the long post. Again thanks for the support and a great product. (BTW the name is Tony not Toby) 

12 hours ago, Fighter Guy said:

Hi, Gerald,

Thanks for the response. In regards to the previous post item 1

I have to beg to differ. I just completed a flight to KSFO. I was on tower frequency, once clear of the runway ATC says " Contact Ground on 121.80. Once I dial in 121.80 The ATC Menu opens and shows:

Choose an option for San Francisco Ground on 121.800.

1 - Request Taxi to Gates 

2 - Request Taxi to Parking 

3 - Request Taxi to Fueling 

4 - [Taxi for Takeoff Options...]

This is an exact representation of the ATC Menu page. I have a screenshot of the menu, but can't find a way to attach it to this message.

So when I use PTT and say <"Ground <call sign> request taxi to gates" ATC gives me a gate assignment. If I use PTT and say <"Ground <call sign> request taxi to parking" ATC directs me to GA parking. When I use PTT and say <"Ground <call sign> request taxi to fueling" instead of responding "<call sign> taxi to fueling" MCE selects option 4 which opens the taxi to takeoff options, however if I say option 3, then ATC says "<call sign> taxi to fueling" which then gives me the option to [Turn on Progressive Taxi] which I speak directly into the mic . If I understand correctly anything that are not in brackets has to be requested by using PTT and anything in brackets would be spoken directly into the mic. I guess my chief complaint is I shouldn't have to say option 3.

As for

I tried every variation under <Task: Request Altitude Change> in the Complete ATC manual pdf, and also tried all of the examples in the <IFR ATC> guide. Maybe 1 out of ten times ATC will respond properly without having to say option 1,2, etc, but I'll try again.

When creating a new speech profile is that located under the speech recognition program? or do I build it again through MCE?

Sorry for the long post. Again thanks for the support and a great product. (BTW the name is Tony not Toby) 

Ah, OK, it appears it was an oversight not handling those relocations to fuel station. We'll be adding a set of commands and you';ll have to request it using PTT.

To create a new speech profile...

Go to Windows Control Panel

Start <Speech recognition> applet

On the left pane, click "Advanced speech options"

In "speech properties" window click <NEW> to create a new speech profile.

Suggest you name it after your curent headset in case you need to swap headsets later.

Speech profile will be listed. Click it to make it the active one.

That's it, you now have a virgin speech profile that knows nothing about your voice and needs to be trained.

Use our speech training tool, as it trains you on aviation specific topics.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Speech training

A speech profile is tied to 3 things.

1 - A user voice

2- A specific headset

3 - Specific ambient noise conditions prevailing at your PC location.

Change any of the above, and in theory, shouldn't rely on the existing speech profile anymore and must create an ad-hoc one for the new conditions.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, jalbino59 said:

Hello, 

I tried to use MCE with the A2A Skylane just to be able to use voice with ATC. I got a dialog box from MCE after I launched it that the aircraft was not recognized and that I should contact the developer, after which MCE just exited. This is on P3D v4. Will MCE no longer work with A2A and P3Dv4?. I tried the same setup with the RealAir Legacy V2 and it worked just fine. The Lancair was installed using the P3D v3 installer. The A2A has a version 4 installer. Please help.   

Having the same issue with the new Flight Replicas C-54/DC-4 in FSX.  I see that there has not been any post replying to this Skylane issue either.

Thanks for any help. 

Garry Lundberg

8 minutes ago, flytriman said:

Having the same issue with the new Flight Replicas C-54/DC-4 in FSX.  I see that there has not been any post replying to this Skylane issue either.

Thanks for any help. 

Yes, the issue was resolved for me in P3d v4. had to do with the new way A2A installs addons to conform to LM specs. Shouldn't be the same in FSX though. I'm sure Gerald will try to help you out though. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

38 minutes ago, flytriman said:

Thanks for any help. 

Where is your Flight Replicas C-54/DC-4 installed to? <SimObjects>? \My Documents\ folder?

2 hours ago, flytriman said:

Installed in SimObjects/Airplanes.

Thanks,

In that case, send "aircraft.cfg" (for each aircraft) file to support .

Hey Gerald,

I'm having another issue with when a statement is in brackets. When at an uncontrolled airfield and I tune to the traffic frequency, I cannot get the menu to advance to the next page when selecting a runway. For example my home airport KVCB

1 - [Tune KVCB Automated Weather on 134.75]

2 - Announce Clear of Runway

3 - [Select a Runway for Takeoff]

I speak "Select a runway for takeoff" and the ATC menu advances to the next screen 

Select a Runway from the List

1 - [Runway 2]

2 - [Runway 20] 

3 - [-- Back-- ]

Here's the problem. When I say "runway 2 or runway 20" nothing happens. If I say "option 1 or 2" it advances to the next menu. When I say "back" it advances back to the previous menu. I have a buddy that has MCE also and he's not having this problem. I'm assuming it's a problem on my machine. I've installed 2.7.4.0 but the problem continues. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tony

I'm having a weird problem with MCE radio tuning.  I'm using PF3 and flying VFR with the A2A Comanche.  I have only the ATC option enabled in MCE.  When on the ground, I tune the radio to the clearance frequency and request VFR clearance.  I receive the clearance, read it back, and get a "Readback Correct" from PF3.  When I then try to change to the Unicom frequency, MCE automatically tunes my comm 1 radio back to the clearance frequency.  I've unchecked the option to allow the FO to handle radios, but that didn't help.  I thought I could just disregard the Unicom frequency, and dial departure after takeoff, but it did the same thing.  As soon as I changed the frequency, MCE changed it back to clearance.  I also looked in the ini file to see if there was an option I could set, but didn't find anything.

1 hour ago, tomarduini said:

I'm having a weird problem with MCE radio tuning.  I'm using PF3 and flying VFR with the A2A Comanche.  I have only the ATC option enabled in MCE.  When on the ground, I tune the radio to the clearance frequency and request VFR clearance.  I receive the clearance, read it back, and get a "Readback Correct" from PF3.  When I then try to change to the Unicom frequency, MCE automatically tunes my comm 1 radio back to the clearance frequency.  I've unchecked the option to allow the FO to handle radios, but that didn't help.  I thought I could just disregard the Unicom frequency, and dial departure after takeoff, but it did the same thing.  As soon as I changed the frequency, MCE changed it back to clearance.  I also looked in the ini file to see if there was an option I could set, but didn't find anything.

By default, when using PF3, co-pilot is set to handle ATC.

Therefore, as soon as you are up and running, tell FO

My radio

I have the radio

.. And he shouldn't interfere.