Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

5 hours ago, OrionGuy said:

I've downloaded the demo and I hope to use MCE for the Flight Factor 757 in X-plane 11.  However, whenever I ask the copilot to set COM1 or ADF or the Transponder he sets the incorrect frequency.  I monitor the caption of what I am saying and it is correct, and he also reads it back correctly.  But the interface seems to be off when he tries to set the radio frequencies.

This seems to be Flight Factor 757v2 specific.  I looked at the 737 and it works ok.  Of course, I don't want to restart too many times on the demo!

I searched and searched for an answer to this before posting.  Sorry if it has already been covered elsewhere!

Matt

If it's just that item you're having an issue with, I am afraid you would need to live with it.

It's something to do with changes made from FF 757 V1 to V2

Initial interfacing was done for V1.

Will try to contact FF 757 dev. 

But don't hold your breath.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

If it's just that item you're having an issue with, I am afraid you would need to live with it.

It's something to do with changes made from FF 757 V1 to V2

Initial interfacing was done for V1.

Will try to contact FF 757 dev. 

But don't hold your breath.

Thanks!  I'll make sure to check back and see if it gets fixed.  Unfortunately, changing the radios by voice is the one thing that I really need, and I fly the FF 757 a majority of the time.  

Thanks again for your quick reply and support!

Matt

Hi. I am using MCE 1.3.7.5 with X-plane in VR. I have an issue when using VATSIM. Randomly, the X-plane ATC window will open when I use my yoke PTT, annoyingly in the default location in front of my view.

I have tried to deselect the interact with ATC option but MCE crashes every time I do that. Any suggestions?

Regards, Craig.

10 hours ago, CD4000 said:

Hi. I am using MCE 1.3.7.5 with X-plane in VR. I have an issue when using VATSIM. Randomly, the X-plane ATC window will open when I use my yoke PTT, annoyingly in the default location in front of my view.

I have tried to deselect the interact with ATC option but MCE crashes every time I do that. Any suggestions?n

Regards, Craig.

Not sure why this is happening, but there is another way to disable the ATC feature.

Go to C:\Users\your_user_name\AppDtata\Roaming\Multi Crew X-Plane\ folder.

Open "xpmce.ioni" config file and change "PilotSpeaksToAtc=1" to "PilotSpeaksToAtc=0"

\Restart MCE and the feature should remain OFF.

On 4/14/2018 at 3:58 PM, skytrain said:

I have the same problem but worse. Native P3D V4 ATC works well form clearance delivery to tower. After being handed over to Departure, communication becomes very problematic. 90% of the time, there is no response at all till I use "ATC option X". This was never a problem before upgrading from P3D V3. Everything worked perfectly in that version.  I have done voice training more that 20 times (literally) and the ATC will respond sometimes to the 6th call of exactly the same words same voice and same talking speed and tone. Once back to tower on the landing airport, the problem reduces or goes away. Problems are with Departure Approach, and Centre. No problem with Clearance, Ground and Tower. Any suggestions please.

I never really got a solution to this problem, All suggestions made made little impact. ATC still only works with Clearance, Ground and Tower. As soon as tower hands me over to departure or approach, ATC does not work. I say the exact same words that native ATC says. MCE even displays them on the message line correctly  but ATC just does not respond.  I even open the ATC manual and try all the different phrase options to contact departure and it just doesn't work.  It happens with all planes, IFR or VFR and in all Airports. I have downloaded and installed from scratch the latest P3D (4..4) and the latest MCE  and still have the same problem.  I manually click ATC  the option and contact Departure, then I try again to respond to their instructions. Nothing happens again until I click manually. As soon as I am handed to tower for final approach, everything works well again!

Seetella Makhetha

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:28 PM, skytrain said:

I never really got a solution to this problem, All suggestions made made little impact. ATC still only works with Clearance, Ground and Tower. As soon as tower hands me over to departure or approach, ATC does not work. I say the exact same words that native ATC says. MCE even displays them on the message line correctly  but ATC just does not respond.  I even open the ATC manual and try all the different phrase options to contact departure and it just doesn't work.  It happens with all planes, IFR or VFR and in all Airports. I have downloaded and installed from scratch the latest P3D (4..4) and the latest MCE  and still have the same problem.  I manually click ATC  the option and contact Departure, then I try again to respond to their instructions. Nothing happens again until I click manually. As soon as I am handed to tower for final approach, everything works well again!

Latest MCE V2.7.8.4 should address the issue with native P3D ATC.

Minor I know, but with Captain Sim B737-200, the "secure aircraft procedure" has a completed reply of "aircraft secure, lets go home".  The FO can't say "lets" nor "home" so all I hear is "aircraft secure, go".

Garry Lundberg

Thank you for this great peace of software.

Just one thing that I found to maybe be broken. The function line in the mce.ini for failure reports by the co pilot when set from 1 to 0 disables the hole monitoring function. Would it be possible to just disable failure reports and to keep all the nice and helpful notifications from my trusty co pilot?

When flying in FS10 or P3D I like to do so with randome failures. I would like to find out by myself if something is broken or fails. MCE is just too reliable and spoted every malefunction so far. Also because of the way A2A programs their airplanes I would like to disable this very good working feature, because when failure reports are active in my case Trav gets very nervous in an A2A aircraft because of all the not working and frozen systems.

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

When in MD11 PMDG, FO inserts ALT, HDG and SPD as per ATC instructions (PF3) regardless who handles ATC thus turning the pilot flying into spectator.

[ATC]
FoAlwaysDialsAfs=0        // will prevent FO dial in HDG, SPD and ALT at least when airborne
FoAlwaysDialsVHF=0        // will prevent FO to dial in VHF freq

These do not have any influence on FO at least in the MD11 PMDG.

1 hour ago, rvm33 said:

When in MD11 PMDG, FO inserts ALT, HDG and SPD as per ATC instructions (PF3) regardless who handles ATC thus turning the pilot flying into spectator.

[ATC]
FoAlwaysDialsAfs=0        // will prevent FO dial in HDG, SPD and ALT at least when airborne
FoAlwaysDialsVHF=0        // will prevent FO to dial in VHF freq

These do not have any influence on FO at least in the MD11 PMDG.

Which option do you use for the virtual Co-Pilot mode in PF3? CP mode 0, CP mode 1, CP mode 2, CP mode 3?

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Copilot in PF3 is off by my default settings. I made sure of that at least once by circling through all modes with ctrl+V until I got message stating so in the captions window. Also, in MCE, option to "answer to ATC if busy " is off.

The problem is specific to this AC only. In all others FO behaves properly and stays away from autopilot when he is not in charge of ATC.

Aircraft Majestic Dash8 q400:

In FSX boxed, the following commands worked under 2.7.82 but stopped working after loading the latest release 2.7.88:  

Aux Fuel Pump 1  & 2 on/off,

Auto Feather on/off ,

Stby Hydr Pump on/off  ,

Hydr PTU on/off ,

AC Mode Selector to  Min/Norm/Max,  

Windshield Heat on/off 

The release of 2.7.88 has no action to the following commands:  

Transponder On = no action

Transponder ALT = toggles to either Stby or ALT

Transponder Stby  toggles to either Stby or ALT

Transponder Off =  toggles to either Stby or ALT

IBOMiles

|Intel® Core i7-4770K @3.5 GHz, 8GB Ram,  |NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 DDR3|Windows 10 64 |FSX SP2 l|P3Dv4.4|

Correction:  The release of 2.7.82, 84, 86  has no action or is confused with the following commands:  

Transponder On = no action

Transponder ALT = toggles to either Stby or ALT

Transponder Stby = toggles to either Stby or ALT

Transponder Off =  toggles to either Stby or ALT

IBOMiles

|Intel® Core i7-4770K @3.5 GHz, 8GB Ram,  |NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 DDR3|Windows 10 64 |FSX SP2 l|P3Dv4.4|

On 12/6/2018 at 4:07 PM, OrionGuy said:

Thanks!  I'll make sure to check back and see if it gets fixed.  Unfortunately, changing the radios by voice is the one thing that I really need, and I fly the FF 757 a majority of the time.  

Thanks again for your quick reply and support!

Matt

I know it has only been a few months, but I was hoping there might be a little progress on the compatibility with FF 757v2.  I went ahead a bought the full version of MCE because I really do like the functionality of it.  Now I have noticed the engine start sequence does not execute correctly and the command to turn the fuel control start lever off doesn't work either.

Still hopeful,

Matt