Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

On 3/25/2019 at 12:26 PM, droobloo said:

Could I get a headcount for everyone using FFA320U 0.9.6 Beta (yes, 9.6), and MCE together?

It crashes X-plane after the update

I've returned to using MCE in the PMDG NGX, for full gate-to-gate flights on VATSIM, and I've found a few minor bugs: a couple specific to the NGX, and one general.  (This is all in FSX-A.)

1.  The copilot does not understand the "flaps twenty five" command the first time it is given.  He responds,  "ok, flaps?" to which I must repeat "twenty five", and then he thanks me and does it.  This only happens on that flap setting, no others.  And it happens every single time.  He obviously understands that I'm saying "twenty five" because he always does it after I repeat "twenty five".  But we always have to play this confirmation game. It's weird. 

2.  The copilot does not correctly set altitudes in the single digit thousands.  For instance, if I say "set altitude two thousand" he sets two HUNDRED.  If I say "set altitude two thousand one hundred" he does that fine.  If I say "set altitude twenty thousand" that works too.  But the only way I've found to get him to set 2,000 is to say "set altitude two thousand zero hundred".  That works but is obviously very unnatural.  This seems to be a problem for 1000, 2000, 3000, and so on through 9000.  "Ten thousand" works.

3.  The copilot doesn't seem to understand that TA/RA is the proper transponder mode.  He always resets it to XPNDR when running the checklist, and then I have to put it back. 

4.  This is the general one: occasionally, my copilot will just go out to lunch on me.  The program doesn't freeze up - when I speak commands, they still appear in text at the top of the screen, I can interact with the control panel etc. He just stops doing them, or talking, or reading checklists, or doing anything.  The only fix I've found is to close MCE and restart it. 

I'm guessing this may have something to do with resources available?  When I lose him, it's typically near the end of a flight, when I'm already hand flying, being vectored for an approach, or configuring for landing etc... in other words, when I need him most. 

So I was wondering, is there a way to set the program up where a key command could force a soft reset and clear out whatever is locked up, without requiring a shutdown / restart?  That's just too darn disruptive in a busy phase of flight. 

Thanks! 

Andrew Crowley

11 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

I've returned to using MCE in the PMDG NGX, for full gate-to-gate flights on VATSIM, and I've found a few minor bugs: a couple specific to the NGX, and one general.  (This is all in FSX-A.)

1.  The copilot does not understand the "flaps twenty five" command the first time it is given.  He responds,  "ok, flaps?" to which I must repeat "twenty five", and then he thanks me and does it.  This only happens on that flap setting, no others.  And it happens every single time.  He obviously understands that I'm saying "twenty five" because he always does it after I repeat "twenty five".  But we always have to play this confirmation game. It's weird. 

2.  The copilot does not correctly set altitudes in the single digit thousands.  For instance, if I say "set altitude two thousand" he sets two HUNDRED.  If I say "set altitude two thousand one hundred" he does that fine.  If I say "set altitude twenty thousand" that works too.  But the only way I've found to get him to set 2,000 is to say "set altitude two thousand zero hundred".  That works but is obviously very unnatural.  This seems to be a problem for 1000, 2000, 3000, and so on through 9000.  "Ten thousand" works.

3.  The copilot doesn't seem to understand that TA/RA is the proper transponder mode.  He always resets it to XPNDR when running the checklist, and then I have to put it back. 

4.  This is the general one: occasionally, my copilot will just go out to lunch on me.  The program doesn't freeze up - when I speak commands, they still appear in text at the top of the screen, I can interact with the control panel etc. He just stops doing them, or talking, or reading checklists, or doing anything.  The only fix I've found is to close MCE and restart it. 

I'm guessing this may have something to do with resources available?  When I lose him, it's typically near the end of a flight, when I'm already hand flying, being vectored for an approach, or configuring for landing etc... in other words, when I need him most. 

So I was wondering, is there a way to set the program up where a key command could force a soft reset and clear out whatever is locked up, without requiring a shutdown / restart?  That's just too darn disruptive in a busy phase of flight. 

Thanks! 

Thanks for the report.

First, make sure you're using the very latest version.

Some things you reported were there years ago but not any more.

It's possible to completely suspend all MCE speech reco using the <Numlock> keyboard key.

But you need to explicitly enable it.

Go to "General" tab in MCE user interface and click <More options> button.

In "Advanced Options" panel, enable option "Numlock mutes reco".

It works as a toggle, press and release once to mute, press and release again to resume speech reco.

When keyboard light for NumLOck is ON, assume MCE is muted.

Grab latest MCE from this link

Thanks, I will double check the version.  When I came back to airline simming after being focused on other things for a while, I did update MCE, but I wonder if I inadvertently reinstalled the old version instead of the newer download... I'll check. 

I use and enjoy the MCE muting feature; this failure to respond that I mentioned is not that.  I see the text of my voice commands appear on screen, so I know the program is hearing and understanding me.  It just doesn't do anything.

Andrew Crowley

On 4/14/2019 at 11:38 AM, FS++ said:

Thanks for the report.

First, make sure you're using the very latest version.

Some things you reported were there years ago but not any more.

It's possible to completely suspend all MCE speech reco using the <Numlock> keyboard key.

But you need to explicitly enable it.

Go to "General" tab in MCE user interface and click <More options> button.

In "Advanced Options" panel, enable option "Numlock mutes reco".

It works as a toggle, press and release once to mute, press and release again to resume speech reco.

When keyboard light for NumLOck is ON, assume MCE is muted.

Grab latest MCE from this link

Well, still have some problems.

I was using v2.7.9.1, but have now updated to v2.7.9.2.  (Update procedure: used the Windows 7 control panel "add/remove programs" to remove MCE, then installed the new version as administrator.)

This is on FSX-A, PMDG 737 NGX.

The problem setting single-digit thousands of feet (ie, "set altitude three thousand") is still there.  The copilot repeats the altitude correctly ("setting altitude three thousand") and the red text at top of screens shows what I said correctly ("set altitude 3000"), but what gets set is three HUNDRED feet.  I tested this about 20 times in a row, and it happened about 85% of the time.  Occasionally he got one right, but it was definitely a large minority of the time.

The flaps 25 bug is still there.  The red text at screen top seems to indicate he hears "flaps 20 clive" the first time, but when  he asks "ok, flaps?" and I say "twenty five" with the exact same speech pattern and inflection, he always understands it the second time.  He has never once understood it correctly the FIRST time.

Haven't had a chance for a long flight yet so I don't know if the problem of him sometimes checking out and just ceasing to respond is still present... but these other problems definitely are.

Thanks...

Andrew Crowley

Could the pitot-heat bug get fixed please? When doing the checklists the copilot can't read pitot-heat, pitot heat, pitotheat or any variation except probeheat. I love the checklist edit function, so easy and intuitive. Small irritation because he reactes to the order pitotheat on or off.

Edited by Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

20 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Well, still have some problems.

I was using v2.7.9.1, but have now updated to v2.7.9.2.  (Update procedure: used the Windows 7 control panel "add/remove programs" to remove MCE, then installed the new version as administrator.)

This is on FSX-A, PMDG 737 NGX.

The problem setting single-digit thousands of feet (ie, "set altitude three thousand") is still there.  The copilot repeats the altitude correctly ("setting altitude three thousand") and the red text at top of screens shows what I said correctly ("set altitude 3000"), but what gets set is three HUNDRED feet.  I tested this about 20 times in a row, and it happened about 85% of the time.  Occasionally he got one right, but it was definitely a large minority of the time.

The flaps 25 bug is still there.  The red text at screen top seems to indicate he hears "flaps 20 clive" the first time, but when  he asks "ok, flaps?" and I say "twenty five" with the exact same speech pattern and inflection, he always understands it the second time.  He has never once understood it correctly the FIRST time.

Haven't had a chance for a long flight yet so I don't know if the problem of him sometimes checking out and just ceasing to respond is still present... but these other problems definitely are.

Thanks...

Will be looked at next week.

Regarding flaps...

maybe the speech grammar for that particular request is too flexible. For instance it allows things like "set flaps twenty five Clive" or "flaps twenty five first officer", etcc

Download this zip file, unzip and replace "vCmdCtrl.cfg" in \Multi Crew Experience\CandC\folder.

The new grammar is less flexible and will only allow "set flaps XX" or "flaps XX"

20 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

The problem setting single-digit thousands of feet (ie, "set altitude three thousand") is still there

andrew

I've had the same issue ..... but now for altitude / flight level / heading / speed I don't say "set" ie just say "altitude three thousand"

for now, cheers

john martin

On 4/18/2019 at 9:02 AM, Rasterfahnder said:

Could the pitot-heat bug get fixed please? When doing the checklists the copilot can't read pitot-heat, pitot heat, pitotheat or any variation except probeheat. I love the checklist edit function, so easy and intuitive. Small irritation because he reactes to the order pitotheat on or off.

Fixed in latest V2.7.9.4 which is also fully compatible with P3D V4.5

Write "Pitot-heat" in your checklist (with dash in the middle).

• Like 1

@FS++ Thank you Sir. I appreciate your work every single flight I take. Amazing and there is not one addon I can think of that is used by me that often with so much awe and enjoyment.

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

9 hours ago, Rasterfahnder said:

@FS++ Thank you Sir. I appreciate your work every single flight I take. Amazing and there is not one addon I can think of that is used by me that often with so much awe and enjoyment.

You're welcome.

And thanks for reporting all those little imperfections here and there.

On 8/12/2012 at 10:13 PM, alpha117 said:

....as you expected it to whilst using MCE, then please use this thread to let us know.

These will be passed on to the FS++ team for investigation and fixing.

'We need more people to report these kind of things, because right now there are so many aircraft we support that honestly we don't have the man power to test every single button under every single aircraft every time some change is introduced.

Users who fly a lot, are more likely to spot these.'

Any questions then please let me know.

Thanks

ABSOLUTELY NOTHIN WORKS WITH MCE VERY DISAPPOINTED

WASTE OF 90 BUCKS 

Some commands on Zibo 737 didn't work correctly:

right forward fuel pump - switched right aft pump, check fire detection, apu start ,wing lights off, wheel well lights, flaps up, position lights, autobrakes

Xplane 11.36

Zibo 737 3.36.17

MCE 1.4.2.4