Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

7 minutes ago, keats_1980 said:

[ ] master Fire warning Lights -- check

This line doesn't work. The FO doens't undestand me but the recognition is good, as I said. Now I know that there must be a problem with the first part....

Solved using 

[ ] Master Fire Warn -- check

but of course, this do not check anything....I think we need more information on what are the words that trigger a check and what check it does.

"Lights" is a word he can definitely understand and read at the very least. Unless it's written as "LIghts" (2 consecutive Ls) in which case he wouldn't be able to utter it

Barring that, I wonder whether using a non English keyboard caused the text to include some invisible character that renders the whole line un-intelligible.

Edit only using Windows Notepad (Notepad++ is known for injecting some invisible formatting characters that may cause weird things to happen).

You can switch keyboard to English US (via the Windows system tray), that will ensure text file is purely in ANSCII format. It's not normally necessary, but you never know.

Ok, avoiding the word lights ([ ] three green -- checked)...it's working but again we don't have the check.

Can we get all the words that trigger a check and what is checking?

For example, If I need to check the three green landing gear lights, what should I write? 

(It's very hard to do a complete checklist without using the words "light" or "lights"....xD

Edited by keats_1980

9 minutes ago, keats_1980 said:

For example, If I need to check the three green landing gear lights, what should I write? 

Gear is only checked for up and down state. The gear itself, not the lever.

In theory, it would be possible to check the lights as well on some aircraft at the very least.

The main issue is having to retro-actively apply that to all supported aircraft, where sometimes checking those lights isn't possible.

Ups, I just realized that I have the UGCX signature, and maybe that confuse you...xD

Sorry about that. I have no relation with FS2Crew team. I'm going to remove the signature so we can talk "in peace"...xD

Edited by keats_1980

OOOOOk, another word that is forbiden: "Altimeter"....xD...Now I'm using "Lie" instead of "Light". What word do I need to use instead of altimeter??

Can you say to the community wich words are used to trigger a check and what is that check in the planes you say that are fully supported?

Maybe a list like:

If you want to use the words "light" or "lights" in your coustom checklist be sure to use them as follows: 

[ ]Landing lights -- On/Off/Middle -->This checks the retractable landing ligtht position

[ ]Wing light -- On/Off

If you want to use the word "Altimeter" in your coustom checklist be sure to use them as follows: 

[ ] ........

..........etc

We must have some reference documentation in order to avoid trial and error.

Edited by keats_1980

3 hours ago, keats_1980 said:

[ ]Landing lights -- On/Off/Middle -->This checks the retractable landing ligtht position

In real world operation, you'll never see a checklist with item "[ ] Landing lights -- Middle". It's either on (with all 4 switches completely forward) or OFF, with all of them retracted and off.

For unusual cases, we don't mind assisting directly, including sending us checklist for testing.

In real world, the retractable lights are turned off about 400-1000 feets and the fixed landing lights are turned off above 10000 feet. But this is not the question.

So, can I send you a checklist in order to find what's wrong? 

But it's clear to me, when the checklist line has the word "light" or "altimeter" or other keywords, the FO do not understand the answer.

This is an abnormal functionality that push me to use "Lie" instead of "Light"...it's some kind of humorouand not much serius for an addon like yours.

Edited by keats_1980

19 hours ago, keats_1980 said:

[ ] master Fire warning Lights -- check

This line doesn't work. The FO doens't undestand me but the recognition is good, as I said. Now I know that there must be a problem with the first part....

Now I know that the problem is the word "Light" but I don't know why this check is not a valid one, the FO stucks saying that he doesn't understand instead of "Are you sure" or something like that.

I "solved" (workaround) using 

but of course, this do not check anything....I think we need more information on what are the words that trigger a check and what check it does.

Now I'm stucked in three lines below:

(None of the next lines understands the FO)

[ ] green extinguisher test lights -- Check

[ ] extinguisher test lights -- Check

[ ] test lights -- Check

[ ] extinguisher test -- Check

[ ] three lights -- Check

(very frustrating)

After 4 hours this is what I have acomplished:

[ ] battery switch -- on and guard down
[ ] electric hydraulic pump switches -- off
[ ] landing gear lever -- down and six lights on 
[ ] ground power switch    --    on
[ ] go to fault inop detection, overheat detector switches -- normal
[ ] test switch hold fault inop -- ok
[ ] master caution, annunciator fault and auxiliar power unit light -- illuminated
[ ] fire overheat warning -- check
[ ] test switch to overheat fire -- ok
[ ] fire warning bell -- check
[ ] mastercaution lights and OverHeat annunciator  -- check

I just want to check something...

With Zibo loaded, please go to "Command" tab in MCE user interface and click <Voxscript> button.

Do you see a list of flows (triggered by a voice command that matches flow's name" with Fo doing all sorts of things when tested or spoken?

Yes, they are there. And I have done some self produced scripts and they work fine.

Edited by keats_1980

18 minutes ago, keats_1980 said:

Yes, they are there. And I have done some self produced scripts and they work fine.

The reason I asked, your custom checklists are way too elaborate.

It's mostly what's in the Flight Crew Operating Manual, and you're expected to perform these from memory by scanning various panels.

It's what those pre-made flows are about and you may want to customize them so you can perform what your airline deems as your area of responsibility (remove some actions from flows) and let Fo do the other bits as you see fit (specific airline SOPs)

Checklists usually only have the most vital items, not such things

[ ] test switch to overheat fire -- ok

[ ] extinguisher switch position 1 -- ok add command "check fire extinguishers" or "test squibs" to the flow instead

You typically either perform the test yourself, or get the Fo to do it either via a direct speech command or as part of a flow.

In real life, checklists may vary slightly from one airline to the other, including checklist section titles, (say "after start" instead of "before taxi") but they aren't massively different.

No problem making necessary adjustments to adapt to your "specific checklist needs", just need to know whether you still want to proceed that way.

34 minutes ago, keats_1980 said:

You may want to watch David's video. Forget the aircraft. He'll show you how to add tasks for Fo to perform, so that you have the perfect task sharing for any virtual or real world airline.

You can create any task for him to perform, using any trigger sentence of your choice.

[media] 

[/media]

I saw that video yesterday and I did some scripts. It's a cool feature.

But what I want from this software is to perform the flow by memory and after that read the checklist only to check that I not forgotten anything.

I'm doing both, the PF and PM flows...maybe it's to complicated but...it can be done, right?

I want a tool to train and learn and if I'm not mistaken, your software is good for it. 

3 hours ago, keats_1980 said:

I saw that video yesterday and I did some scripts. It's a cool feature.

But what I want from this software is to perform the flow by memory and after that read the checklist only to check that I not forgotten anything.

I'm doing both, the PF and PM flows...maybe it's to complicated but...it can be done, right?

I want a tool to train and learn and if I'm not mistaken, your software is good for it. 

If you're aspiring to become an airline pilot, then performing the flow from memory, then reading the checklist to ensure vital items are set is really the way to go.

If on the other hand don't care about aviation career and such and just want to fly your way, and check everything yoursef, we'll do our best to extend checklist item checking to as many items as you have in your "special checklist" 😛.

I suggest you write everything and send the whole checklist to support via e-mail.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

If you're aspiring to become an airline pilot, then performing the flow from memory, then reading the checklist to ensure vital items are set is really the way to go.

That's what I want to do. Maybe it's better do the things as you are saying, and simulate to be, first the PF and in another flight, the PM. Yeah, maybe I was focus on the wrong direction.

I will try this way and make voxscripts to the FO do his flows. Thanks for the support and sorry, I know sometimes I can be a little bit annoying...xD

Ok, the first question: The retractable lights commands works great "Landing lights On/Off" but I cant find how to order the fixed lights to On/off. Am I missing something?