Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

Awesome, thanks! 🙂

Also there are some other things on the ZIBO Mod I found confusing / annoying:

- "bug up" call makes FO set speed 150. That makes almost no sense, as this is often even below V2+15 and definitely nowhere near flaps up speed. Best would be of course for "bug up" to go to flaps up speed, but I realise this is probably complicated. I found out that "speed up" makes FO set speed 200, which is more like it. I tried to make a voxscript for it, but that revealed the second problem to me:

- when entering a "set speed xy" command inside a vox script it doesn't work. "set speed two two five" works when spelled out aloud, but in a vox script it just never does. Looks like a bug to me?!

- having the FO control the stab trim is almost impossible. It never sets the correct value and what's worse, he sometimes trims all the way up or down and you can't stop him doing it. Only solution is to restart MCE and just never to command him a trim value ever again... this one seems to be problematic with other aircraft, too.

- BIG COMPLAINT: when doing an ILS approach sometimes he calls "localizer alive", "glideslope alive", "glideslope captured" like ten times (without any of them being captured at all, they just came alive). I'd like to just turn the "localizer" and "glideslope" calls off altogether, but I don't quite know how. I believe "FMC callouts" is Airbus only?! And besides, I'd like all those other callouts, just not those, cause they just won't stop sometimes. A solution could be that after the first call this callout is muted for 5 minutes. That way he won't go crazy and in case of a go-around he'll be ready for the second approach...

- Speed callout: Yes, they work. But I find them to be a little off... sometimes (probably on light weight takeoffs) the "80 knots" callout comes way too late (like at 90 or even 100 knots). Also the "70 knots" callout on landing comes at 50 or 45 knots sometimes. I would solve this myself if it was possible to set up speed-related callouts. Like I would make the "80 knots" call trigger at 70 knots or something. But as this isn't possible at the time I wonder if there's anything else I can do to make it more spot on? 

Those are just a few things that I discovered to be a bit annoying. I don't even want to bother you so much with those little things... I'd appreaciate it if you looked into it nevertheless.

Thank you.

Regards 

Edited by CaptainPrecious

On 1/23/2020 at 3:20 PM, CaptainPrecious said:

Awesome, thanks! 🙂

Also there are some other things on the ZIBO Mod I found confusing / annoying:

- "bug up" call makes FO set speed 150. That makes almost no sense, as this is often even below V2+15 and definitely nowhere near flaps up speed. Best would be of course for "bug up" to go to flaps up speed, but I realise this is probably complicated. I found out that "speed up" makes FO set speed 200, which is more like it. I tried to make a voxscript for it, but that revealed the second problem to me:

Bug up command should now work as expected.

- when entering a "set speed xy" command inside a vox script it doesn't work. "set speed two two five" works when spelled out aloud, but in a vox script it just never does. Looks like a bug to me?!

Because of the extreme flexibility in spelling numbers )speech grammar design), it's currently not possible to script commands with values, such as com one one one eight decimal seven.

- having the FO control the stab trim is almost impossible. It never sets the correct value and what's worse, he sometimes trims all the way up or down and you can't stop him doing it. Only solution is to restart MCE and just never to command him a trim value ever again... this one seems to be problematic with other aircraft, too.

Fo was reading (always getting zero) and setting stab trim via the Default X-Plane interface. He's now fully aware at which position the stab is at any given time with Zibo and can set it with precision.

Be aware, dialing commands usually time out after a set amount of time in order to prevent the thing running for ever.

If somehow Fo keeps trimming up or down way beyond what is expected, simply say "cancel that".

- BIG COMPLAINT: when doing an ILS approach sometimes he calls "localizer alive", "glideslope alive", "glideslope captured" like ten times (without any of them being captured at all, they just came alive). I'd like to just turn the "localizer" and "glideslope" calls off altogether, but I don't quite know how. I believe "FMC callouts" is Airbus only?! And besides, I'd like all those other callouts, just not those, cause they just won't stop sometimes. A solution could be that after the first call this callout is muted for 5 minutes. That way he won't go crazy and in case of a go-around he'll be ready for the second approach...

Specific callout is suspended for now until a better implementation is available.

- Speed callout: Yes, they work. But I find them to be a little off... sometimes (probably on light weight takeoffs) the "80 knots" callout comes way too late (like at 90 or even 100 knots). Also the "70 knots" callout on landing comes at 50 or 45 knots sometimes. I would solve this myself if it was possible to set up speed-related callouts. Like I would make the "80 knots" call trigger at 70 knots or something. But as this isn't possible at the time I wonder if there's anything else I can do to make it more spot on? 

In general, MCE tries to be very mean and lean with system resources. It does query variable flight parameters every 1.5 seconds roughly. If it wasn't for the speed, even once every 3 seconds would do. Now a bit more aggressive, polling data every second.

Sure, you can bombard the sim with requests 10 times a second in order to get FO to announce speed within a couple of knots, but we won't do that.

I am guessing this also has a slight performance cost with Zibo, if they check speed on every frame, possibly causing MCE not to get data within the 1.5 time frame as the main sim loop is busy. For now, Fo should get speed, ALT, VS, HDG and about 40 other parameters (That change often) once every second.

Those are just a few things that I discovered to be a bit annoying. I don't even want to bother you so much with those little things... I'd appreaciate it if you looked into it nevertheless.

Thank you.

Regards 

You're welcome

Latest version uploaded today should address most issues. See embedded replies

You're working so fast... I'm impressed every time!

I did a test flight. The "bug up" feature works! Only for some strange reason the actual bug didn't go up to 214 knots but down to 150. But on the autopilot 214 was set and the plane accelerated, so it works besides a cosmetic part.

The speed callout on takeoff was fine but on landing it was missing altogether. Actually I don't mind that, but I think that wasn't what you wanted?!

I managed to uncheck "talks a lot"! 

And the trim works fine too!

So all in all very happy with the changes!

Thanks so very much!

edit: I presume I'm not supposed to switch the files with the zip file above? That would be covered in the updated version, right?

9 hours ago, CaptainPrecious said:

edit: I presume I'm not supposed to switch the files with the zip file above? That would be covered in the updated version, right?

Ignore the patch. You need to do a full un-install via Windows Control Panel and re-install V1.5.0.6

You should have "xmxZibo737.dll" version 1.0.3.2 in \X-Plane 11\MCE dlls\64 Bit\ folder

Thanks.

Another question: Is it normal that even after disabling "talks a lot" he wants me to confirm checklists?

Like:

- after takeoff checklist

-confirm after takeoff checklist

Thought this would be smoother with "talks a lot" disabled?!

edit: also it seems the checklist reading is strangely slower now... any clues why that could be?

2 hours ago, CaptainPrecious said:

Thanks.

Another question: Is it normal that even after disabling "talks a lot" he wants me to confirm checklists?

Like:

- after takeoff checklist

-confirm after takeoff checklist

Thought this would be smoother with "talks a lot" disabled?!

edit: also it seems the checklist reading is strangely slower now... any clues why that could be?

Other users have very recently expressed the desire to have a couple of seconds delay between 2 lines so that they don't have to feel like "rushed up".

Will probably make it optional from next update, as you can't please everyone.

Use "strict checklist" option to prevent Fo checking whether the requested checklist section is in tune with flight phase.

Sometimes, it can be a good indicator that MCE may not be getting data from the sim with a specific aircraft in order to work out flight phase properly.

For example if you request "before start checklist" and FO sees engines are already running, he's expected to challenge that request

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

Other users have very recently expressed the desire to have a couple of seconds delay between 2 lines so that they don't have to feel like "rushed up".

Will probably make it optional from next update, as you can't please everyone.

Please do so! I liked it very much to get through the checklists quickly and smoothly!

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

Sometimes, it can be a good indicator that MCE may not be getting data from the sim with a specific aircraft in order to work out flight phase properly.

For example if you request "before start checklist" and FO sees engines are already running, he's expected to challenge that request

That makes sense! I was just sitting on apron and wanted to test the after takeoff checklist. So then of course it's no problem, I just didn't know MCE was checking the flight phase.

On 1/26/2020 at 9:22 PM, CaptainPrecious said:

Please do so! I liked it very much to get through the checklists quickly and smoothly!

Download patch and just replace "xpmce.exe" to get rid of the checklist delay between lines.

Now MCE is completely useless after the patch, because when he reads the checklist he tells me to be quiet even though I didn't say anything. Then he reads something from the checklist and says "this is below standarts I cant believe it". Now he acts so funny, please fix this xD

P.S Can you make it possible that we can update MCE without removing it first? Evey time before I can install the latest version I have to remove the old one first... Thanks

Edited by Alex Walker

On 2/2/2020 at 1:21 AM, Alex Walker said:

Now MCE is completely useless after the patch, because when he reads the checklist he tells me to be quiet even though I didn't say anything. Then he reads something from the checklist and says "this is below standarts I cant believe it". Now he acts so funny, please fix this xD

P.S Can you make it possible that we can update MCE without removing it first? Evey time before I can install the latest version I have to remove the old one first... Thanks

For checklist, use the "strict checklist" option to reduce banter.

Could also be an indication that your mike sensitivity level is so high that Fo is hearing replies to checklist coming so fast that he thinks you're not checking anything.

Calibrate your mike.

No potentially breaking changes have been introduced recently as far as checklist is concerned.

It is possible to manually patch installation.

You can download this zip file

Unzip file and replace files as per folder structure.

21 hours ago, FS++ said:

For checklist, use the "strict checklist" option to reduce banter.

Could also be an indication that your mike sensitivity level is so high that Fo is hearing replies to checklist coming so fast that he thinks you're not checking anything.

Calibrate your mike.

No potentially breaking changes have been introduced recently as far as checklist is concerned.

It is possible to manually patch installation.

You can download this zip file

Unzip file and replace files as per folder structure.

I need a patch for the X Plane version, please.

3 hours ago, Alex Walker said:

I need a patch for the X Plane version, please.

Patch for X-Plane version here

No need to patch if already on V1.5.0.8

Hi, I'm experiencing a more and more annoying theme: 

It's a great feature to have the "Scroll lock" button mute the FO. But often it just doesn't work, or more specifically, it stops working.

When I hit my scroll lock button a light goes on on the keyboard. When that light is on, I want the FO to be deaf to anything I say.

Unfortunately there seems to be some way to at least partly override this, as sometimes after a while he starts answering or even doing stuff in the cockpit when I'm talking to someone in the room or over discord.

It may have to do with switching between windows, as I found out I have to go back into the X-Plane Application window undo scroll lock and engage it again. Then he shuts up for a while, but its not how it should be right?

3 hours ago, CaptainPrecious said:

Hi, I'm experiencing a more and more annoying theme: 

It's a great feature to have the "Scroll lock" button mute the FO. But often it just doesn't work, or more specifically, it stops working.

When I hit my scroll lock button a light goes on on the keyboard. When that light is on, I want the FO to be deaf to anything I say.

Unfortunately there seems to be some way to at least partly override this, as sometimes after a while he starts answering or even doing stuff in the cockpit when I'm talking to someone in the room or over discord.

It may have to do with switching between windows, as I found out I have to go back into the X-Plane Application window undo scroll lock and engage it again. Then he shuts up for a while, but its not how it should be right?

Perhaps you're occasionally hitting the NumLock key as well.

Download this file

Unzip and replace "xpInsider64.xpl" and "xpInsider.cfg" in \X-Plane 11\Resources\Plugins folder.

Once you do that, it will only listen to ScrollLock key.

thanks very much!

It still happens sometimes that FO can hear me even if scroll lock is on... any idea why that is?

Also, previously I had it set that "gear down" triggers a flow, now it just retracts the gear again... how do I fix this again?