Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

3 hours ago, CaptainPrecious said:

thanks very much!

It still happens sometimes that FO can hear me even if scroll lock is on... any idea why that is?

Also, previously I had it set that "gear down" triggers a flow, now it just retracts the gear again... how do I fix this again?

Probably reset MCE to factory settings which removes some of the customization.

Go to "General" tab in MCE UI and click <More Options> button.

In "Advanced Options" panel, click <View config>

xpmce.ini config file will open in Notepad.

Ensure you have "UseAlternateGrammar=1" so that you can override "gear down" and "gear up" commands.

Make sure you don't have any joystick button that is set to emulate ScrollLock.

Very nice, indeed the "UseAlternateGrammar=1" was deleted. 

Something else came up, too. I recently (thanks to your help) was able to uncheck "talks a lot". But still when a checklist comes up most of the time he says something like "What? You want me to read the checklist?". I also unchecked "strict checklist" so really he shouldn't bother and just do as he's told...

5 hours ago, CaptainPrecious said:

Very nice, indeed the "UseAlternateGrammar=1" was deleted. 

Something else came up, too. I recently (thanks to your help) was able to uncheck "talks a lot". But still when a checklist comes up most of the time he says something like "What? You want me to read the checklist?". I also unchecked "strict checklist" so really he shouldn't bother and just do as he's told...

Enable "Strict checklist" in order to reduce chatter and to prevent checking whether requested checklist section is relevant for the flight phase you're in.

Hi there,

I've just realized that with the 737 NGXu, GSX was not properly recognized by MCE, the ground services and gsx pushback are not available through MCE commands. GSX works as it should on its own using the CTRL+SHIFT+F12 key as usual.
However if I load a default aircraft first like the piper cub with MCE , then load the NGXu, GSX is properly detected and I can hear the ramp coordinator introducing himself.
Not sure if it happens with other PMDG aircraft. Can something be done about it? I've searched the forum but did not find anything about that issue, sorry if I missed the info if it was already given.

Also, I've found that in the 737-800 NGxu, the electrical pumps are reversed, calling for the left pump acts on the right one and vice versa.

Maxime
TOGA projects

1 hour ago, kmax59 said:

Hi there,

I've just realized that with the 737 NGXu, GSX was not properly recognized by MCE, the ground services and gsx pushback are not available through MCE commands. GSX works as it should on its own using the CTRL+SHIFT+F12 key as usual.
However if I load a default aircraft first like the piper cub with MCE , then load the NGXu, GSX is properly detected and I can hear the ramp coordinator introducing himself.
Not sure if it happens with other PMDG aircraft. Can something be done about it? I've searched the forum but did not find anything about that issue, sorry if I missed the info if it was already given.

Also, I've found that in the 737-800 NGxu, the electrical pumps are reversed, calling for the left pump acts on the right one and vice versa.

In general, due to lengthy initialization time with PMDG aircraft, it's best to proceed as follows with those.

Start P3D or FSX, select aircraft and wait until aircraft is ready to fly, green bar countdown to zero (when the aircraft is expected to be fully initialized), then start MCE.

Pump will be checked.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

In general, due to lengthy initialization time with PMDG aircraft, it's best to proceed as follows with those.

Start P3D or FSX, select aircraft and wait until aircraft is ready to fly, green bar countdown to zero (when the aircraft is expected to be fully initialized), then start MCE.

Pump will be checked.

Sorry, I should have been more precise, I made further tests and it actually happens if I move the plane to a gate using GSX (GSX gate placement is more precise than the P3D gate list) then stop the engines or load a panel state. When calling the ground for the first time, the gsx menu opens automatically, then I can hear a "dong", after about 30 secs to 1 min, the mechanic finally answers, but the ramp coordinator remains silent.
If I load the aircraft directly at the gate from the P3D menu, then load the aircraft and don't open the GSX menu until the ramp coordinator say hello it works. If the GSX menu is used, then no ramp coordinator.

EDIT: restarting couatl and rebuilding airport cache, then restarting MCE does not help either. Seems like GSX menu must not be opened at all until the ramp coordinator said hello or MCE won't detect GSX.

Edited by kmax59

Maxime
TOGA projects

2 hours ago, kmax59 said:

Sorry, I should have been more precise, I made further tests and it actually happens if I move the plane to a gate using GSX (GSX gate placement is more precise than the P3D gate list) then stop the engines or load a panel state. When calling the ground for the first time, the gsx menu opens automatically, then I can hear a "dong", after about 30 secs to 1 min, the mechanic finally answers, but the ramp coordinator remains silent.
If I load the aircraft directly at the gate from the P3D menu, then load the aircraft and don't open the GSX menu until the ramp coordinator say hello it works. If the GSX menu is used, then no ramp coordinator.

EDIT: restarting couatl and rebuilding airport cache, then restarting MCE does not help either. Seems like GSX menu must not be opened at all until the ramp coordinator said hello or MCE won't detect GSX.

"Dong" might be to do with GSX denying request before parking brake is set.

Ramp agent only turns up when aircraft is on ground, engines are OFF, parking brake set. Doesn't care where the aircraft is parked.

I assume you installed MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder and that you set "Prepar3D.exe" to run as admin.

That guarantees data flowing between the 2 programs. And there is no need to disable UAC either.

No it's actually not that loud "dong" from GSX. It's a windows "dong".
Yes, P3D is ran as an admin and MCE is correctly installed.

UAC is disabled as it's a personal preference and required for some of my softwares.

Maxime
TOGA projects

7 hours ago, kmax59 said:

Tested 4 main pumps with these commands and checked out OK

left forward fuel pump on/off

left aft fuel pump on/off

right forward fuel pump on/off

right aft fuel pump on/off

I wonder whether you're on a much older ersion.

Latest is "mce.exe" V 2.8.3.4

And for NGX and newer NGXu, need "mcpmd73X.dll" version 2.1.2.3 in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder

I was talking about the electrical hydraulic pumps 😉
I indeed have the latest v2.8.3.4 as i've just downloaded and installed MCE a few days ago.

The dll version for NGx and NGxu is correct as well. Not much a big deal for the hydraulic pumps, just wanted to report it as it's obviously a minor mistake.

As for GSX, the only two solution is to load the aircraft on the runway, turnoff the engine, call ground so the ramp coordinator wakes up, then I can move the plane with GSX to the required gate; or I can load the flight directly on the required gate and turn off the engine there, however the aircraft is usually not correctly placed according to the gsx profile settings (as gsx adjusts the stop point differently of each aircraft which the afcad does not). Not much a big deal either but in case I'm doing it in the wrong order, I must restart the sim and that's more annoying.

Maxime
TOGA projects

12 hours ago, kmax59 said:

I was talking about the electrical hydraulic pumps 😉

Ah OK, will be sorted. Update to "mcpmd73X.dll"

On 3/4/2020 at 12:38 PM, kmax59 said:

Hi there,

Just my twopenneth after reading your post. I sometimes don't see the GSX window after calling a boarding flow, first, which doesn't include the contact with ground mechanic. Seems like GSX has got a bit slower, in this case?

Re your NGXu (which I don't own but had PMDG NGX  in the past) are you using the save panel state in the CDU? I would save cold and dark for the preferred start state. Then what I'd do is run the connect GPU routine first. Call ground mechanic and ask for GPU to be connected. MCE will open correct CDU menu and load that for you. After that routine, GSX has woken up and the GSX menu is unfailingly available.

Cheers.

Short question about something very annoying in X-Plane:

When I want the "del" button to mute the mic (for talking to ATC), which I do, I have to have the "talk to ATC" feature enabled.

But whenever I transmit something then after 5 seconds or so, the FO will open the default ATC window of X-Plane.

I tried turning on and off the "close ATC window automatically" as well as "can handle radio when busy" but the window keeps on opening.

Is there a fix to my problem?

11 hours ago, CaptainPrecious said:

Short question about something very annoying in X-Plane:

When I want the "del" button to mute the mic (for talking to ATC), which I do, I have to have the "talk to ATC" feature enabled.

But whenever I transmit something then after 5 seconds or so, the FO will open the default ATC window of X-Plane.

I tried turning on and off the "close ATC window automatically" as well as "can handle radio when busy" but the window keeps on opening.

Is there a fix to my problem?

Not really a problem.

For Vatsim, you're expected to disable the "talk to ATC controllers" feature and use "END" key as a way (push and hold to talk) to mute MCE speech reco.

We are thinking about making changes so that Vatsim (or other online ATC) appears as a selectable option, so you can still use DEL key, with no behavior such as "auto-hide ATC window" which is intended for Radar Contact ATC and PF3 ATC, third party add-ons.