Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

25 minutes ago, djxmdjxm said:

Thanks for the update. I assume the file should sit here: "..\Community\fsuipc-lvar-module\modules\FSUIPC7_WASM.wasm". Correct?

BTW, do I have to explicitly "ENABLE WASM" in FSUIPC? The FSUIPC UI menu offers the option "Add-ons" > "WASM" > "Enable". 

Okay, WASM is disabled by default in FSUIPC. After enabling it explicitly in the FSUIPC UI ECAM pages work now. Great! However, the autobrake functions still do not work. 

MCE keeps dropping out from it's connection with the PMDG 737 in MSFS.  It will start with "co-pilot listening" but at some point within several minutes while prepping the plane it will say "plane not recognized...could be sim reload" or something close to that.  It can happen in the middle of doing a script or while idle when not executing any command.

I've tried maybe 6 flights since I got the new version which supports the PMDG 737 and the first 4 flights or so I was able to complete by restarting MCE as it only dropped out once during the aircraft prep.  But the last two flights it dropped out so frequently that I couldn't even get far enough to pull back from the gate and I gave up.

I went into my script and made sure that every command that I used was listed verbatim in the available commands document,  but that didn't affect it.  I am using Pilot2ATC, PACx, AIG traffic controller.

Don Polidori

4 hours ago, FlyData said:

MCE keeps dropping out from it's connection with the PMDG 737 in MSFS.  It will start with "co-pilot listening" but at some point within several minutes while prepping the plane it will say "plane not recognized...could be sim reload" or something close to that.  It can happen in the middle of doing a script or while idle when not executing any command.

I've tried maybe 6 flights since I got the new version which supports the PMDG 737 and the first 4 flights or so I was able to complete by restarting MCE as it only dropped out once during the aircraft prep.  But the last two flights it dropped out so frequently that I couldn't even get far enough to pull back from the gate and I gave up.

I went into my script and made sure that every command that I used was listed verbatim in the available commands document,  but that didn't affect it.  I am using Pilot2ATC, PACx, AIG traffic controller.

When you update Pilot2Atc (which only needs the main part of FSUIPC), overwrite the wasm module with the one that ships with MCE.

You can find it in downloaded unzipped file, under Resources\Files\MSFS\ folder.

Also, download and use the patch for the Beta package that adds support for PMDG 737. See thread "New supported planes" (3 files to replace).

Thanks.  I already had the MCE  version of the fsuipc-lvar-module folder in the community folder for MSFS.  If there is somewhere else it should be for Pilot2ATC I can look at that, but I couldn't find the WASM module anywhere else.  I updated the files in the Beta patch that you suggested.  I also reinstalled MCE on the same drive as MSFS and out of that program files (x86) folder.  I have always had it there in the past, but I seem to be having issues copying and pasting files there now and with windows updates (and going to windows 11) I thought it might be better to try getting out of there.

I flew tonight with no issues or drop-outs, so hopefully one of those actions addressed it.  Thanks again for the suggestions.

Don Polidori

7 hours ago, FlyData said:

Thanks.  I already had the MCE  version of the fsuipc-lvar-module folder in the community folder for MSFS.  If there is somewhere else it should be for Pilot2ATC I can look at that, but I couldn't find the WASM module anywhere else.  I updated the files in the Beta patch that you suggested.  I also reinstalled MCE on the same drive as MSFS and out of that program files (x86) folder.  I have always had it there in the past, but I seem to be having issues copying and pasting files there now and with windows updates (and going to windows 11) I thought it might be better to try getting out of there.

I flew tonight with no issues or drop-outs, so hopefully one of those actions addressed it.  Thanks again for the suggestions.

You're welcome.

In general, we recommend the following

Keep folders permissions in default settings

Keep Windows UAC in default setting (2 notches up the slider)

Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\

The above, will ensure MCE has all the system rights it needs to read, write files, interact with other software smoothly and without the need to fiddle with anything.

Otherwise, strange things may happen.

While it is possible to install MCE anywhere else, you would then need to disable Windows UAC and wonder why Windows blocks interaction with other software, or even strange things like MCE not allowed to start the splash screen.

Windows may object about manually replacing files in \Program Files (x86)\and it's normal since they are supposed to be added by installers. Just click <Continue> and you should be able to replace them.

Another thing....

Simco64_Ldr.exe is our new gateway to MSFS.

Tell your antivirus to trust it, because if it blocks or kills it it, "mce.exe" would be totally blind as to what is haopening in the sim and you would get the kind of message you received

Hi Gerald,

Well, in order to try and avoid future problems I went back and installed in the program files (x86) directory as is default on the installer.  I replaced the mce and Simco64 files with the beta patch.  I am now back to losing connection with the aircraft during the prep stages of the flight.  Although I only had a sample size of one try when I had it installed outside that folder, so maybe I would still have the issue, not sure.

Any other ideas of what can cause this?  I have the UAC set to the default setting in Windows ("Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (default)").  I can go back to a different folder but didn't want to create new issues down the road.  Not sure that fixed it anyway.

Don Polidori

I reinstalled again in a directory outside of the program files (x86) and did not have any issues on a flight with the PMDG 737.  So not sure why, but I've done an A-B-A-B comparison and have only had issues in the default directory.  As I mentioned in the last post, I have UAC on.  Not sure if I have a setting somewhere in windows that is giving me problems, but I guess we'll see if I start having some of the other issues you mentioned down the road.

• Like 1

Don Polidori

On 5/24/2022 at 9:08 PM, FS++ said:

Also, download and use the patch for the Beta package that adds support for PMDG 737. See thread "New supported planes" (3 files to replace).

Patch? What patch? Can someone link it, can't find it.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

4 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

Patch? What patch? Can someone link it, can't find it.

For PMDG 737 MSFS integration, it is currently in Beta.

Should have received invitation to download the Beta.

Assuming you've done that, download this patch

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Beta-Patch.zip

Unzip and manually replace files as per folder structure.

Follow that doing the same with the second patch

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Beta-Patch2.zip

Another patch is expected by tomorrow at the latest.

• Like 2

Anyone else having lots of cases, when you cough or there's some other sounds going on in house, the FO mishears it and starts pushing all kinds of buttons? Nooooooo, you word not allowed! Switching transponder to off on takeoff? Where did you get your licence stupid?

I know, there's the numlock key to stop the FO from listening, but that's only giving you more things to think about to do when busy. Would it be nice to have a 'flow script only' mode, as I only use MCE for the flows actually.

That, or have the recognition not assume all kinds of commands when it doesn't understand you.

Update: since I replaced the wasm module I had no issues yet.

4 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

Anyone else having lots of cases, when you cough or there's some other sounds going on in house, the FO mishears it and starts pushing all kinds of buttons? Nooooooo, you word not allowed! Switching transponder to off on takeoff? Where did you get your licence stupid?

I know, there's the numlock key to stop the FO from listening, but that's only giving you more things to think about to do when busy. Would it be nice to have a 'flow script only' mode, as I only use MCE for the flows actually.

That, or have the recognition not assume all kinds of commands when it doesn't understand you.

Update: since I replaced the wasm module I had no issues yet.

It's not related to the wasm module.

Either your microphone needs calibration, or the ambient noise conditions around you vary a lot from one time of the day to another.

Although it is possible to have the FO audio come out of speakers, it's not ideal, as the speech profile you trained under almost silent conditions, doesn't take into account engine noise and such and may later interpret that as some kind of speech.

If you only want to run flows, proceed as follows..

Go to <Command> tab and click <Voxscript> button.

It's a matter of selecting a flow and clicking the <Test> button.

It will even run without a microphone connected, as Voxscript is essentially as "speech simulator"

We do not advertise it,  but this is the "button version" side of MCE. Just requires the UI to be open.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

It's not related to the wasm module.

Sorry, I was not clear, the issues I was talking here about is about another post, about the "Could not detect aircraft...possibly flight sim reload" problem. Replaced the wasm module with the MCE one.

The method of selecting a flow and clicking test would be an idea, but I use VR. So no. Oh well....never mind, I'll try to train the mic more, maybe that helps.

In the 'AFTER START FLOW', the FO cannot move the Isolation Valve switch of the 'AUTO' position.

Hello all! Just joined this forum because I have an issue with MCE in combination with an aircraft which I would like to share and hopefully someone has a solution. It's been a while since I've used X-Plane 11, so last week I updated everything and now things don't work as expected. The issue I have is related to SSG Embraer (170/195). The first few commands are generally picked up nicely by the co-pilot, but then things go wrong. For instance when I say set speed 250 and the current is 220, he rotates the speed up, but doesn't stop at the required speed... It goes up until I say again select speed xxx, then it stops at the speed where he currently is (not the requested speed). And he won't select the speed after I issue the command a 3rd time, then nothing happens. When I then manually go to the requested speed, sometimes the speed rotates up again (unlimited) when I reach my requested value. So, the moment I select speed 250 it rotates up again... Same applies to heading and altitude. The knobs keep rotating and co-pilot is not able to stop the rotation at the requested value.

Now, I've also tried this with the default 747 in X-Plane. On this airplane I don't encounter this issue. So maybe it's more on the airplanes end (the SSG Embraer). Any idea's on how to fix this? 

It appears that ZOOM IN and ZOOM IN QUICKLY does not work in MSFS 2020.

Also, when I say ZOOM OUT, it toggles between the OUTSIDE VIEW and INSIDE VIEW.

NOTE: Zoom Out issue happens with the FSW 414AW. When using an ASOBO Daher, this command does not appear to do anything. Also, I am using Track IR...not sure if that makes a difference or not but wanted to mention it.

I'm on MCE version 2.9.60 and Windows 10

Edited by flyblueskies

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5