Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

Datarefs isn't an issue for us. We can get all of them for any aircraft, without having to beg or pester aircraft developers.

Thank you, You might want to check the APU Bleed in that case, because just near the end of the Aircraft Power Up With APU flow, he says he is setting APU Bleed ON but it stays off. After, when running the Flight Deck Safety Checklist he gets confused when I tell him it's OFF, so I switch it ON manually and he still says I'm wrong. Same for the EXT DC PWR which is OFF, but he gets upset in the checklist when I tell him so.

Also, is there a way to get him to run through the flows silently like a real FO?

Many thanks for your rapid assistance.

Thank you, You might want to check the APU Bleed in that case, because just near the end of the Aircraft Power Up With APU flow, he says he is setting APU Bleed ON but it stays off. After, when running the Flight Deck Safety Checklist he gets confused when I tell him it's OFF, so I switch it ON manually and he still says I'm wrong. Same for the EXT DC PWR which is OFF, but he gets upset in the checklist when I tell him so.

Also, is there a way to get him to run through the flows silently like a real FO?

Many thanks for your rapid assistance.

Thanks for reporting this.

Will be checked and a revised dll to go into <MCE dlls> folder will be sent to you the coming week.

Affirmative, you can make all the flows silent.

Go to <Command> tab of the user interface and click <Voxscript>

You will see a list of pre-made flows for that aircraft.

If you don't like the trigger sentences, feel free to modify them to whatever sentence you'd like to use (just rename the script).

Select any script in the list and click <Edit>

In next screen, un-tick option <Verbose> and that particular script will execute silently.

Here is the reasoning behind providing the scripts as Verbose by default.

Unlike in a real aircraft where there is a physical presence, in the sim,it's hard to know how far FO is into the specific flow and what all actions he is performing.

There are actually commands to ask FO whether he's done with the script

Are you done with the flow

Have you finished the flow

etc...

By default we get the FO to handle all the tasks and in a verbose manner, and we know it's not realistic.

Then, if you happen to be a real world pilot and want to customise the flows to match your airline Standard Operating Procedures, it's a matter of removing the actions from the flow. Click <Edit Commands> then go through the list and remove items you'd like to handle yourself as Captain

There will be no arguing about who should handle the seatbelt sign or taxi lights. Correct SOPs for relevant airline.And crucially no need to refer to documentation as you'd know it should work your way.

With <Voxscript> feature, you can even indulge in teaching your habits to co-pilot. He can understand slang and virtually any language in the world.

You could create a command in Voxscript such as "could you set me up to ground frequency will ya", then associate that custom command to the buit-in existing command "switching to ground". Then FO will react to your custom command as if you said "switching to ground".

In this case <Voxscript> would be acting as an interpreter.

Wow, this is brilliant thank you.

In fact have found since quite a few Q400 commands that don't activate what they're supposed to. Let me compile a list for you.

In fact have found since quite a few Q400 commands that don't activate what they're supposed to. Let me compile a list for you.

That's the problem I have with P3D v2.4 as well ...

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Wow, this is brilliant thank you.

Here is the list of stuff I have found not working in the FlyJSim Q400, by running through the flows in the manual. This is a medium level sim so some of the Majestic commands are superfluous and are omitted here.

Format: Switch or action (problem noted, choices)

Q400 Specific Commands not working

Condition levers (no movement, fuel cutoff/start & feather/max)
DC gen one (no movement, off/on)
DC gen two (no movement, off/on)
DC main bus tie (no movement, off/on)
Airframe de-icing (no movement, manual/off/slow/fast)
Boot air (no movement, normal/isolate)
Propeller de-icing (no movement, test/off/on)
Engine intake doors (no movement, closed/open)
Pilot side window heat (switches on/off windshield heat instead)
Power rating (no movement, cruise/climb/NTOP)
ARCDU (would not recognise "ARCDU" pronounced "ay are see dee you")

General commands not working

APU bleed air (no movement, off/on)
Recirculating fan (no movement, off/on)
Engine bleeds 1&2 (no movement, off/on)
Caution/Advisory lights test (no movement, momentary 1 sec test)
Anti-collision red (beacon) (no movement, off/on)
Anti-collision white (strobes) (no movement, off/on)
Landing flare light (no command available, off/on)
Pitot heat no 2 switch (no movement, off/on)

Please let me know if you require clarification on any specific items.

It's clear enough. Most of them will get sorted this week.

I just noticed some problems with the NGX, very latest build (1.10.6461), which just came out in the last week.

FO no longer recognizes the V speeds automatically, as set on the FMS. He does accept them manually. EDIT-previously reported he still called them out late even when given manually, because he did, but just tried again, and he called them on time, so I don't know why that happened.

Question: Is the gear status check still pegged at exactly 60 seconds in the latest version of MCE, for both extension and retraction? I hate that :)

My version of MCE is 2.6.33, so I'm a little out of date.

Here is the list of stuff I have found not working in the FlyJSim Q400, by running through the flows in the manual. This is a medium level sim so some of the Majestic commands are superfluous and are omitted here.

Format: Switch or action (problem noted, choices)

Q400 Specific Commands not working

Condition levers (no movement, fuel cutoff/start & feather/max) Fixed
DC gen one (no movement, off/on) Fixed
DC gen two (no movement, off/on) Fixed
DC main bus tie (no movement, off/on) Fixed
Airframe de-icing (no movement, manual/off/slow/fast) Fixed (Manual control not implemented intentionally)
Boot air (no movement, normal/isolate) Fixed
Propeller de-icing (no movement, test/off/on) Fixed
Engine intake doors (no movement, closed/open) Fixed
Pilot side window heat (switches on/off windshield heat instead) Fixed
Power rating (no movement, cruise/climb/NTOP)  Not understood
ARCDU (would not recognise "ARCDU" pronounced "ay are see dee you") Need clarification. What voice commands didn't work?

General commands not working

APU bleed air (no movement, off/on) Fixed
Recirculating fan (no movement, off/on) Fixed
Engine bleeds 1&2 (no movement, off/on) Fixed
Caution/Advisory lights test (no movement, momentary 1 sec test) Fixed
Landing flare light (no command available, off/on) Fixed, works with landing light command
Pitot heat no 2 switch (no movement, off/on) Fixed

Also fixed Wing and Logo lights, as well as emergency lights

Please contact support to get the latest package that improves interfacing with FJS Q400 and introduces support for Flight Factor 777 for the first time.

Thanks

Thank you - did you manage to sort out the A/C lights?

Thank you - did you manage to sort out the A/C lights?

Not yet with the 2 items above. Can only read status for now.

did you manage to sort out the A/C lights?

Now done.

You can download the very latest version.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Change log.

- Officially adds support for Flight Factor 777 Worldliner

- Fixed all Q400 related items mentioned in this thread

- Paves the way for use with Rsdar Contact when specific plugin is released later.

First of all, thank you very much for such a great program. I'm a new user and like it very much.

There's one thing though that can be very irritating when having lots of AI aircraft flying around. When talking to ATC all other communication doesnt wait for your transmission to end, and just talks through you. It can be very frustrating trying to acknowledge something to the ATC and every time you start talking someone interupts your transmission, and after 15 attempts trying over and over again you here ATC say "please acknowlede"  :Waiting:  :aggressive:

I know hard coded FS is probably in the way, but isn't there a way to pause ATC when pressing the PTT button?

Thanks, and thumbs up for the great support!

Marcel

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

First of all, thank you very much for such a great program. I'm a new user and like it very much.

There's one thing though that can be very irritating when having lots of AI aircraft flying around. When talking to ATC all other communication doesnt wait for your transmission to end, and just talks through you. It can be very frustrating trying to acknowledge something to the ATC and every time you start talking someone interupts your transmission, and after 15 attempts trying over and over again you here ATC say "please acknowlede"  :Waiting:  :aggressive:

I know hard coded FS is probably in the way, but isn't there a way to pause ATC when pressing the PTT button?

Thanks, and thumbs up for the great support!

Marcel

Thanks for the accolade Marcel.

Telling other traffic to refrain from transmitting when you are doing so is something we wanted to do. Unfortunately the FSX ATC being a black box, the one important thing we have managed is to give MCE the ability to see the available ATC options at any time. Not the other bit though.

Please read this thread to understand

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/470429-fsx-atc-window-readout-by-software/

What to do then?

Two options.

1 - Limit traffic to no more than 40% and before asking for ATC clearance, let other traffic take their turns.

2- Use EditVoicePack (third party software, normally free) to speed up the Microsoft ATC voice pack. That would give you more gaps between transmissions.

ATC acknowledgment is by far the worst because unlike in the real world where pilots strive to be as efficient as possible in order to give others a fair usage of the frequency, in the MS ATC world, every traffic acknowledges every single instruction and without a sense of urgency whatsoever.

In real world, you'd get "copy clear to XXX, climb XXX, squawk XXXX KLM 143" and spoken very swiftly at busy airports like EGLL or KJFK

Thanks for your swift answer.

Okay, got it.

By the way, if I use Radar Contact with MCE, is the AI talk through transmission problem maybe solved?

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

By the way, if I use Radar Contact with MCE, is the AI talk through transmission problem maybe solved?

Although we can't detect other aircraft transmitting with RC4 either, it's unlikely to annoy you, because RC4 only instructs the odd traffic. It's not a deluge.

On the other hand, you will face the usual RC4 "nagging". If you don't reply quickly enough, controller will get on your back.

It's OK when you are used to it and handle it this way...

When instructed to contact next controller...

Acknowledge. "switching to Canarias Center KLM 143"

Since FO can read the ATC window content and knows what next frequency is, tell him "going to Center", "switching to center" or even "going to Canarias Center"

As soon as FO finishes dialing, contact next controller. "Canarias Center KLM 143 with you"

The whole thing has to be done within 20-25 seconds before previous controller starts reminding you to switch frequency, even though you are no longer on the previous freq