Jump to content

alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Last week was even busier than expected so I just had a chance tonight to test out the new version. 

Flaps 25 command now works perfectly every time. 

"TOGA flaps 15" worked as well. 

Really nice work, and a big thank you for taking support and feature requests so seriously. I really don't think I've ever used a piece of software this well supported, not even stuff by big software houses with a whole team of people for supposed support.  This is genuinely a gold standard.

Thanks again! 

Thanks for the genuine endorsement.

Always a pleasure to hear such feedback, more so coming from real world pilots.

Watched one of your Twitch streams, where Fo objected regarding gear extension speed.

Maybe FO voice intonation wasn't there, as he only reminds you about VLO and just wants confirmation. Once you do, he'll extend it anyway.

Same applies to flaps extension speed. 

Although the Fo can be instructed to handle about 90% of the switches and dials, there could be the odd one that was overlooked and might be useful  for abnormal procedures. Feel free to ask.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 2:38 PM, FS++ said:

Thanks for the genuine endorsement.

Always a pleasure to hear such feedback, more so coming from real world pilots.

Watched one of your Twitch streams, where Fo objected regarding gear extension speed.

Maybe FO voice intonation wasn't there, as he only reminds you about VLO and just wants confirmation. Once you do, he'll extend it anyway.

Same applies to flaps extension speed. 

Although the Fo can be instructed to handle about 90% of the switches and dials, there could be the odd one that was overlooked and might be useful  for abnormal procedures. Feel free to ask.

 

Ah cool, I did not know I could instruct him to override the speed limit.  Not that I'd make a habit of it lol.

I wasn't so much annoyed with MCE on that stream as I was with the PMDG NGx, which is too slippery when compared to the real plane, and has trouble following a VNAV path without overspeeding even with a headwind.  I also think there was some lag involved in between when I spoke the command and when it was recognized, which is not because of anything to do with MCE but just my old system.  I don't fault MCE for any of that though.  Everything I run lags occasionally ;).


Andrew Crowley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keats_1980 said:

Sorry but my problems are still there, I can't run MCE because it stucks in the "Please wait for your copilot....". Any clue?

OK, will be looked at closely, but it's not affecting everyone though.

Have you disabled Windows UAC? Not suggesting you do. We recommend keeping slider at default settings.

 

Edited by FS++

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, keats_1980 said:

Yes, I have disabled UAC. Do you want that I reenable it?

Not sure whether the issue is related to manual patching where a specific file has not been replaced.

I suggest you un-install, then re-download and install latest.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

If and only if you're still in the same situation, I recommend you set Windows UAC back to default (2 notches up the slider), restart PC and and try again.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just asking, don't know if that's already possible (if so I haven't figured out how): Is there a way to make the F/O monitor speed, altitude or vertical speed and make callouts? Like during a terrain escape manouvre or anything...

Also just realized that "go around" can't be a flow as he selects max power, when I actually want him to select flaps 15 only (I'll push the TOGA button anyways in case of a GA)

Edited by tigran9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tigran9 said:

Just asking, don't know if that's already possible (if so I haven't figured out how): Is there a way to make the F/O monitor speed, altitude or vertical speed and make callouts? Like during a terrain escape manouvre or anything...

Also just realized that "go around" can't be a flow as he selects max power, when I actually want him to select flaps 15 only (I'll push the TOGA button anyways in case of a GA)

Create a new flow "toga flaps fifteen" and add these commands to it

toga thrust

flaps fifteen

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did that, but my point is that it's strange not to be able to call "go around" when you decide to go around...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tigran9 said:

I did that, but my point is that it's strange not to be able to call "go around" when you decide to go around...

OK, worst case scenario, will send you a custom speech grammar with excluded "go around" so you can define what Fo does with that.

As for sped, altitude monitoring, there are 2 features that aren't enabled by default.

1- If you enable nagging in "Advanced Options" panel, Fo will tell you off when getting too close to stall speed or other things like that.

2 - There is a little documented feature, intended for some "blind Visually Impaired" users, who rely on that as guidance and you can get continuous stream of reports about alt, spd, heading, whether you're climbing etc.. (done using a TTS voice, not actual FO doing that)  I don't think it's the thing you're looking for.

 

Edited by FS++

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, FS++ said:

OK, worst case scenario, will send you a custom speech grammar with excluded "go around" so you can define what Fo does with that.

 

Woah, thanks man... it's not THAT big an issue^^ It's just strange, because I remember being able to call the flow "go around" and couldn't see the reason for that to change. But yes, if there's a fix I would welcome it.

Another thing I'm experiencing (sorry for the many questions, I'm setting MCE up for good atm) is with the checklists. As far as I know "//2" means only the F/O replies to the item. Now I set up the whole PREFLIGHT CL to be all "//2" settings, but some items he wants me to verify, too. Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong? Some items it works, some items it doesn't...strange!

 

edit: I MAY have an idea why it's not working. I found that he waited for a reply mostly on very long items (with lots of characters). So I shortened some and it worked. Could be coincidental though...

Edited by tigran9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CaptainPrecious said:

Just wanted to ask, is there a way to get a "Reverse green" call?

Which aircraft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    2%
    $540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...