Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

11 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Last week was even busier than expected so I just had a chance tonight to test out the new version. 

Flaps 25 command now works perfectly every time. 

"TOGA flaps 15" worked as well. 

Really nice work, and a big thank you for taking support and feature requests so seriously. I really don't think I've ever used a piece of software this well supported, not even stuff by big software houses with a whole team of people for supposed support.  This is genuinely a gold standard.

Thanks again! 

Thanks for the genuine endorsement.

Always a pleasure to hear such feedback, more so coming from real world pilots.

Watched one of your Twitch streams, where Fo objected regarding gear extension speed.

Maybe FO voice intonation wasn't there, as he only reminds you about VLO and just wants confirmation. Once you do, he'll extend it anyway.

Same applies to flaps extension speed. 

Although the Fo can be instructed to handle about 90% of the switches and dials, there could be the odd one that was overlooked and might be useful  for abnormal procedures. Feel free to ask.

On 12/4/2019 at 2:38 PM, FS++ said:

Thanks for the genuine endorsement.

Always a pleasure to hear such feedback, more so coming from real world pilots.

Watched one of your Twitch streams, where Fo objected regarding gear extension speed.

Maybe FO voice intonation wasn't there, as he only reminds you about VLO and just wants confirmation. Once you do, he'll extend it anyway.

Same applies to flaps extension speed. 

Although the Fo can be instructed to handle about 90% of the switches and dials, there could be the odd one that was overlooked and might be useful  for abnormal procedures. Feel free to ask.

Ah cool, I did not know I could instruct him to override the speed limit.  Not that I'd make a habit of it lol.

I wasn't so much annoyed with MCE on that stream as I was with the PMDG NGx, which is too slippery when compared to the real plane, and has trouble following a VNAV path without overspeeding even with a headwind.  I also think there was some lag involved in between when I spoke the command and when it was recognized, which is not because of anything to do with MCE but just my old system.  I don't fault MCE for any of that though.  Everything I run lags occasionally ;).

Andrew Crowley