Sign in to follow this  
lateagain

Exploring NZNI - Paraparaumu to Stratford. Part 1

In line with a request in "The Unofficial ORBX Forum" I'm posting this series here. There are more in the "The Unofficial ORBX Forum" section. And plenty of great shots of other ORBX areas too

The idea behind my post is that although ORBX and many others post plenty of screenshots they obviously choose THE best of the locations to make the shot. Nought wrong with that? My idea here was to fly from certain fields, starting where I last landed and doing another "leg", travelling Clockwise from Wellington round the North Island. I'm trying to vary the weather and the aircraft, for my enjoyment firstly, and to get some hours in various aircraft that have been languishing in the hanger for too long. Too many locations to identify so just use your chart! Your Chart? Most are pretty obvious on Google Earth which is a credit to the developers?

Geoff

Geoff Brown

hm, you should use anti aliasing, your screenshots will look even better then ^_^

Not sure that this is the issue, but I'll double check my settings. I've been resizing to forum specs and saving as .jpgs using Photoshop. Obviously the best tool for the job on individual shots?, but I'm a huge fan of IrfanView too. I remembered that it had a very comprehensive suite of "conversion tools" but I hadn't used them before. I remembered that they had a "batch utility" so resized them all using that and then noticed that the batch could be converted to .jpgs. I need to look at the many and various quality settings here because the "conversion" isn't as good as I've achieved saving them in Photoshop (using the quality slider to adjust the file size to conform with the under 400k rule).

I'll do some testing with the next leg.

BTW I'm using an ATi 5800 card.

Any recommended settings?

Geoff

Geoff Brown