Sign in to follow this  
Snuffleupagus

Anyone have some free time on their hands?

Hi,

I have been trying to make a fairly good freeware scenery of my local airport but I just can't seem to get things to cooperate. Right now I am in the process of designing the main buildings on the airport. I can do a lot of them but there are a few that have some more complex designs. If anyone would like to help out I can provide any pictures needed. I will be moving onto the actual layout design of the airport after I can get the buildings done. I've also looked into some programs that will allow me to make some good night textures and other airport textures when I get there so I am hoping I (or we) can get a pretty good looking airport! (By the way, this would be for FS9 as I don't run FSX)

Thanks!

Kyle

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

In case anybody did not realize, Kyle's local airport is Provo in Utah, a very interesting little place.

Best regards.

Luis

Man, I would like to help you Kyle as i have a great photoreal layout for provo (airport and city) and afcad already in the sim and have thought about doing more if I had good references for the buildings, only problem is, I don't do FS9, been with FSX since day one. it would be possible for you to convert any of the FSX MDLs i create to FS9 ones with the modelconverterX app, but not sure what the quality would be like. Send me a PM if you think we might be able to work something out..

Best, Michael

KDFW

As an update, does anyone have experience with Sketchup night textures? I have the models created but can't figure for the life of me how to do the night lighting on sktechup models for FS. Also, I can't figure the Alpha channels for the windows. If someone would like to help out, it would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot