Installed latest version to give MCE another try. (Started out with version 2.4.4.8 way back in 2011)

VFR, no copilot wanted, small aircraft flight simmer still can't get position announcements coming into non-towered strips.

I know there are other MCE users who don't use anything but the ATC function reporting good results.

I sure would like to join that group but have had very limited success on position announcements -- most often, in frustration, just saying the ATC number to get my transmission through.

FS++ Crew has been involved in this from day 1 and have done their best to try and help me.

Their latest reply states that it is a "dark art" for a technician to solve but they are trying!

Have done the same flight over and over again from Kelowna (CYLW) to Penticton (CYYF) as a test for every suggestion and solution problem solving hint that anyone has passed on.

The frustrating part is that I am saying exactly what the ATC number selection comes up with if I select that.

Any suggestions from a VFR, no copilot wanted simmer to add?

Edwin Brown Keremeos BC Canada.

Installed latest version to give MCE another try. (Started out with version 2.4.4.8 way back in 2011)

VFR' date=' no copilot wanted, small aircraft flight simmer still can't get position announcements coming into non-towered strips.

I know there are other MCE users who don't use anything but the ATC function reporting good results.

I sure would like to join that group but have had very limited success on position announcements -- most often, in frustration, just saying the ATC number to get my transmission through.

FS++ Crew has been involved in this from day 1 and have done their best to try and help me.

Their latest reply states that it is a "dark art" for a technician to solve but they are trying!

Have done the same flight over and over again from Kelowna (CYLW) to Penticton (CYYF) as a test for every suggestion and solution problem solving hint that anyone has passed on.

The frustrating part is that I am saying exactly what the ATC number selection comes up with if I select that.

Any suggestions from a VFR, no copilot wanted simmer to add?

Edwin Brown Keremeos BC Canada.[/quote']

Non towered airports are still causing me some headaches,.....or should I say were.

It suddenly dawned on me that it didn't matter if FSX ATC menu reacted to what I say for non towered airports anyway! There is no response from ATC or ai aircraft on these frequencies.

Now I just make my announcements and could care less if MCE picks an option in the list.

For some reason, communication at towered airports and with approach and centre etc works just fine.

I know it's not the best answer but............

GHarrall,

So do you ever get the yellow print out in the ATC box showing what you said coming into a non-towered strip?

Every once in a while I do get it.

That indicates to me that MCE can in fact handle communications around non-towered strips.

Will continue testing in the hopes that the answer can be found.

Thanks for the reply.

Edwin Brown Keremeos BC Canada.

GHarrall' date='

So do you ever get the yellow print out in the ATC box showing what you said coming into a non-towered strip?

Every once in a while I do get it.

That indicates to me that MCE can in fact handle communications around non-towered strips.

Will continue testing in the hopes that the answer can be found.

Thanks for the reply.

Edwin Brown Keremeos BC Canada.[/quote']

Sometimes it works, yes.

In fact, announcing crosswind, downwind, base and final legs always works fine.

It's the announce position one that it sticks on more than anything.

It suddenly dawned on me that it didn't matter if FSX ATC menu reacted to what I say for non towered airports anyway! There is no response from ATC or ai aircraft on these frequencies.

Now I just make my announcements and could care less if MCE picks an option in the list.

I had exactly the same dawning moment a while back, though I don't often fly into un-towered strips. We need to remember this is a simulation, not the RW, If FSX ATC isn't going to do anything in response to your input, there seems to me little value in MCE recognising it.

Others may disagree !