Sign in to follow this  
FlyBoyMike

Considering X-Plane 10

I've been considering lately whether to take the plunge and get XP10. I downloaded the demo and did a few test flights in the 747-400, Cesna and Beechcraft planes that come with it; I was fairly impressed with the performance particularly how smooth they felt. I currently use FSX and have invested a fair amount of time in payware add-ons (PMDG NGX, 747, Level-D 767, Concorde X, AS2012) as well as hardware over the past year to make it all run nicely so I'm not looking to make a full switch just yet.

The default 747 in XP10 looks fairly basic but still flies a lot nicer that the default FSX 747. Are there many payware or freeware add-ons that are on a similar level of depth as PMDG available on XP10? I've noticed a few including x737, Peter Hagar's A380 and a nice looking 787.

I also quite like the fact that runways at airports in XP10 are sloped.

Not at the level of FSLabs and PMDG.

But there are several in the works.

Have a look at the 777 thread here. Maybe not on the level of PMDG where every aspect of every thing in every variation of the 777 is simulated with normal, abnormal, and paranormal procedures featured , but from what I've read, it should be detailed enough for anyone looking to simulate normal operations of a 777.

Right now, it's it's the add-on I'm anticipating the most.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Have a look at the 777 thread here. Maybe not on the level of PMDG where every aspect of every thing in every variation of the 777 is simulated with normal, abnormal, and paranormal procedures featured , but from what I've read, it should be detailed enough for anyone looking to simulate normal operations of a 777.

LOL! 'paranormal' procedures. When demonic forces possess your aircraft.

Yeah I've been waiting around for PMDG to release their 777; I did notice a thread about the 777 for XP10 so might check it out.

Are there many payware or freeware add-ons that are on a similar level of depth as PMDG available on XP10?

A few are close! and I guess IXEG still not visible enough to get mentioned eh? :) Oh well.... I'll resort to some shameless promotion.

We are working on a pretty serious 737-300 simulation in our opinion, driven by the need to have a 'PMDG level" effort in x-plane. We are striving for "top of the line" in visual quality, immersion and simulation accuracy....so these products are starting to filter out within x-plane. I think by early 2013, your options will be a bit more numerous. You can see some screenshots and videos of the ixeg work at the links below...and also a screenshot of some recent EHSI work/FMC work we're doing. (Ignore the bad routing...it's a test of our turn prediction in a "worst case" where you have to turn the "long way round")

www.ixeg.net

http://www.youtube.c...1?feature=watch

Tom Kyler

Laminar / IXEG

A few are close! and I guess IXEG still not visible enough to get mentioned eh? :) Oh well.... I'll resort to some shameless promotion.

I have you in sight !!!! ;-) But 1st I need some good MEL training on, say... the Marquise :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That does look quite nice. Lots of detail there too and a 737 CL would be interesting to fly although they don't seem all that much different from the NG.

I'm now considering getting XPX for Peter Hagar's A380 as that looks really good and there aren't any detailed A380's around for FSX as far as I know.

That does look quite nice. Lots of detail there too and a 737 CL would be interesting to fly although they don't seem all that much different from the NG.

I'm now considering getting XPX for Peter Hagar's A380 as that looks really good and there aren't any detailed A380's around for FSX as far as I know.

I'm considering his A321. I wonder, does anyone here have it and can give some thoughts on it? From what I've read, it's got QPAC's programming under the hood, with a 3D cockpit and a few enhancements. It's close to PMDG pricing, but it's it PMDG detailed? I've got to make this one as informed a buying decision as I can, since my mad money is pretty limited lately.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.