Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

A Huge FPS Increase

Mine did not find to many issues in scenery, but alot more in aircrafts. I'm still getting a lot of stutters when flying from San Diego and enter the area of Los Angeles. There would be major stutters entering the zone and my frames would go from 30 to 2, then it would smooth out for the rest of the flight. Could it be the sim loading all the traffic in that area?

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

I ran this tool in FSX and "fixed" a ton of files, mostly AI but some scenery.

I have not mipmapped, Should I do that as well? How do I do that?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Mine did not find to many issues in scenery, but alot more in aircrafts. I'm still getting a lot of stutters when flying from San Diego and enter the area of Los Angeles. There would be major stutters entering the zone and my frames would go from 30 to 2, then it would smooth out for the rest of the flight. Could it be the sim loading all the traffic in that area?

I am still having issues in high traffic density areas too Bill - so sadly, this wonderful discovery hasn't quite managed to fix everything in the FPS department! ^_^ But I have noticed that at least with some sceneries that were dropping into the teens, I'm now staying in the 20's at least. (But without AI traffic most of my addon sceneries are 60-80 fps and default stuff goes crazy in the hundreds...) So I'm still searching for that "other silver bullet" that will end my days of tweaking the sim and just flying. (Yeah I know - ain't gonna happen!!!)

Cheers

Ian

I hear ya Ian, when flying in the LA area I still get 30 frames in the dense area. Its just when I get close to the "zone" I guess where the computer starts to load all the scenery, traffic..ect on the LA area then it starts to stutter big time...not even flyable..I would have to wait about 20 - 30 sec for it stableize and come back to a fluid and solid 30 frames.

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

I'm one of those on the fence regarding mipmaps. I run FS9 on a computer that was built when XP was the newest os, and still use it. When I play with mips on my flyable aircraft I get uneven results, some look great with mipmaps and some suffer the dreaded "blurries." With that in mind I'm going to proceed slowly if I mip my AI and probably won't mip my scenery.

(don't know what I did to make my font all bold, wish it would stop it)

(don't know what I did to make my font all bold, wish it would stop it)

No mipmaps? :LMAO:

Hi ,

Yesterday I ran DXT3fixer and everything seemed to work fine, today I thought I would give it another try as I had installed a couple more aircraft. However, this time DXT3 starts then after about 90seconds it then reports that this program is not responding, has anyone else had this happen?

Barry

Yes, Barry, each time here. I just wait until the exe closes and read the result in the log.

Dirk.

Hey Ian!

Thanks a lot for starting this Topic! B)

@all

what about Gauge-Textures, any experiences around?

Regards, Isra

After weeks of looking at threads I finally took the plunge after backing up twice!

Took 3 hours and 5 minutes and dxt3fixer v1.1 created a log file of 879 Kb. Thank you neumanix.

Anybody having trouble with rendition of trees at UK2000's version of EGLL Heathrow?

So I just want to report on my FSX experience. I ran the utility (I have a complete back up of my FSX and all sceneries). My log file showed - found a slew of textures which apparantly did not have an alpha channel...including freeware Barbados, freeware Calgary, Nanaimo, plenty of EZ Scenery objects libraries, some UTX, a few Orbx, a bunch of OZX, a ton of AI planes, and many I have no idea what they are from but were in global folders and there was even some effects bmps.

I have done nothing about mipmaps.

While I have yet to get myself around the globe to test the fixes out I am not sure that I am seeing any difference in fps. I appear to have less stutters or smaller ones and my blurries, while I still get them occasionally when flying over 185kts seem to repair the crisp again quite quickly vs staying blurred for a long period.

So more testing is in order, I can safely say though there has been no negative effect and if anything some improvements.

cheers.

Near CAM3

Hi,

I've have experienced excellent results with P3D as well.

Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

So, I want to see if any of my texture files need mips. I am finding that I am somewhat confused. So I ran the fixer utility and should have all my texture files now in DXT3 with alpha.

But, how do I check for and add mips to my files where they are needed. I have read through this thread and some others and I had to say I find this very confusing as to the steps or process to follow.

I tried using imagetool and I can open files and see that there are many mips in each file but how do I find files that are missing mips?

Any help would be appreciated.

Near CAM3

Is there conclusive evidence (or at least consensus) that mipmapping is required for this "tweak" too?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM