Sign in to follow this  
Evan Banalian

NGX descent Idle too high.

Hi everyone, I have the NGX since day one and absolutely love it. I also have a very good respected 737 addon that I've got before the release of the NGX, and happened today to do some flying with it and compared it to my NGX at the same place, condition, weather, altitude..etc and found out that NGX descent Idle was about 39-37% vs 27% on my other add on. something is not right, the difference can't be that big.

Any ideas, I'm also sorry if this topic been discussed before.

Evan Banalian.

Descent Idle has a wind-milling effect. I'd say that 'other' 737 you fly is not as well simulated as the PMDG NGX.

so is it ok to have descent idle as high as 40% ? I've seen some youtube real 737-800 desect idle and it was around 30-32 but not close to 40%.

Thanks

Evan Banalian.

Well it can't be ground idle like 27% you mention as the plane is flying and air is passing by the blades producing the higher then ground idle like you see.

Hi everyone, I have the NGX since day one and absolutely love it. I also have a very good respected 737 addon that I've got before the release of the NGX, and happened today to do some flying with it and compared it to my NGX at the same place, condition, weather, altitude..etc and found out that NGX descent Idle was about 39-37% vs 27% on my other add on. something is not right, the difference can't be that big.

Any ideas, I'm also sorry if this topic been discussed before.

Evan Banalian.

Hi Evan,

What Mr. Harris is saying above is mostly correct. I'm looking for the hard numbers for you out of the manuals, as well as the thread from last year covering this topic. Idle thrust will change depending on configuration, EAI, etc., as commanded by the EEC.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks Zach,

I know FSX has limitations , but if it's very close to the real 737 numbers, then that shouldn't be a problem.

Evan Banalian.

Thanks Zach,

I know FSX has limitations , but if it's very close to the real 737 numbers, then that shouldn't be a problem.

Evan Banalian.

Alright! I'm on my iPhone so searching isn't exactly feasible tonight.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks Zach,

Evan Banalian.

Descent idle works as it should and slowly decreases as you descend. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug with the idle when you pass ~30,000ft where your engine idle stops decreasing even though the idle limit still continues to decrease. I always have to hit F1 when I get to 29,000ft to prevent this and start it following the idle limit again.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Idle numbers are N2 values, not N1 as the EEC will command them.

There are 3 idle values, ground, flight, approach. Ground idle is the lower one, flight is something a bit higher, approach is given by antiice operation, flap & gear(*) configuration.

There where problems before sp1 about approach idle at high altitude with no antiice and so on, and also a problem with throttles not idling when descending (moving them a bit for one time will solve). But are all old problems already solved.

Regards

Andrea Daviero