Sign in to follow this  
Ruben1123

The Must Fix List

First, I must compliment what Carenado has done right. The visuals are truly stunning, and the flight dynamics are better than any 182 currently being sold for FSX. You actually need right rudder in the climb, which is something that's been missing in nearly every addon to date. The list goes on and on, but there are some red flags.

Aside from the great exterior and handling, the G1000 has a few issues that I'm sure can easily be mended. The main ones that stood out to me are as follows.

1) The airspace coloring is completely off.

2) The VSI shows feet by multiples of 1, not 100

3) The FPL page is non-functional (crazy not to have this working)

4) The click spots are difficult at best

5) The XPNDR options are incorrectly modeled

I was surprised after buying this that these errors were present. I was expecting an exceptional G1000 model; a new era of avionic development deeply stitched into carenado's excellent aircraft models and dynamics. And I was also surprised because they added such niche features like terrain, checklists, and a customizable MFD. I am puzzled as to why such key features and components are absent.

I have a problem that whenever I am entering a destination on the MFD and I go to use the keyboard to type the Identifier in it duplicates every letter, for example, I was flying a short hop from Fort Wayne to Indianapolis and when I was typing in the identifier for Indianapolis on the MFD it entered as KKIINN, where it duplicated every letter and the D never showed up. I talked to a buddy who has this same plane and said he didn't have the same problem.

I have a problem that whenever I am entering a destination on the MFD and I go to use the keyboard to type the Identifier in it duplicates every letter, for example, I was flying a short hop from Fort Wayne to Indianapolis and when I was typing in the identifier for Indianapolis on the MFD it entered as KKIINN, where it duplicated every letter and the D never showed up. I talked to a buddy who has this same plane and said he didn't have the same problem.

They know about this. I just got a reply from them about this issue (I had it myself). They are investigating it. Carenado are good w/ support. It'll be taken care of.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I have the same problem. Glad they were addressing it. And funny, I was going to do Indy Fort Wayne.

Just a suggestion regarding bug tracking - Over in the King Air forum, I created a thread that contained a link to a Google Docs spreadsheet listing out all of the outstanding bugs reported by users. This seemed to be an easy way keep track of what needed to be fixed. I can only assume that Fernando or other Carenado employees might find this approach easier when it comes to gaining user feedback but, perhaps even more so, it allowed others to have a place to reference so that the same issues don't get reported over and over again.

Completely optional, of course, but worth a shot: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/369774-list-of-outstanding-issuesbugs/

I don't own the T182T and probably won't be purchasing it, but for those who do, a definitive bug list might be helpful.

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

I wanted to know if anyone else was having problems with there standby batt switch? Mine doesn't do anything. When put to arm the PFD should turn on with engine info. It's the only way to start the plane without turning on the avionics buses. I sent this info to Carenado but I was wondering if anyone else was having these issues. Also the lean assist doesn't seem to work and when shooting an ILS approach the PFD shows the approach light armed in white but it never activates with loc or GS in green.

Lets start the outstanding bug list. I have a few I would like to add myself, here are just the first few that i will mention... I HAVE MORE!!!!!

The cockpit sound or lack there of.

The seating position seems really low. very hard to taxi. Another inch would do the trick. BTW I do not use Ezdock.. I Dont like it...

Clickspots are terrible.

The NAV lights, taxi light and the landing lights are so dim in daylight, you cant even tell they are on.

SIngle and double pilot models should be available in all paint textures........

Frame rates are much lower than all prev. Carenado A/C.

We need to get all these bugs worked out prior to the Cirrus SR22 and the TBM release...

Does anyone have a functioning compass?

Mine is stuck on N.

Bert

I have the same problem. Glad they were addressing it. And funny, I was going to do Indy Fort Wayne.

I did the flight in FSMP.

But I'm glad that carenado is addressing this issue. I also am having trouble with the standby battery.

Another problem to note, I'm not sure if anyone else is affected by this but when I have either the TOPO or TERRAIN activated on the MFD my performance seems to jump from High to Low frame rates. For example, normally flying this aircraft I have my fps locked at 20, it will stay pegged at no lower than 19.9, but when TOPO or TERRAIN is activated the fps seem to jump back and forth from 20 to somewhere around 11 for no longer than a second at a time, but it is repeated so it makes the movements look jumpy and not smooth like they would if they were constant at 20.

I was expecting an exceptional G1000 model; a new era of avionic development deeply stitched into carenado's excellent aircraft models and dynamics.

From Carenado? Where did you get that impression?

^ I was being nieve.

As for the FPL page issue, Carenado emailed me back and said due to limitations in FSX, it is not possible to queue more than one waypoint at a time.

So there you have it, they're not even going to try.

Compass definitely broke, stand by battery arming definitely doesn't turn on the PFD like the built in checklist tells you it should.

I assume both of these issues were emailed in?

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Stby batt switch is useless. You're supposed to flick it to arm right after your 20 second test to get the PFD going to check Bus E & M volts...not such thing happens.

^ I was being nieve.

As for the FPL page issue, Carenado emailed me back and said due to limitations in FSX, it is not possible to queue more than one waypoint at a time.

So there you have it, they're not even going to try.

They mostly(always?) develop around fsx technology and not create stuff from scratch. They even said so I think, I hope I don't remember wrong.